Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

+17
Dannypaj
turbo
1993firebird
K9
Mike77
sabrelove
RCN-Retired
tiger660
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Rifleman
peep
Recon031
Teentitan
MaggieinNB
OldZipperhead
21 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

sisip - SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 7 Empty Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 17:34

Teentitan I am under the old system and already receive extra money.......forget what it's called (Attendance Allowance??) but I think it's like PIA. Not that it matters but I'm female and Hubby is still serving. I'm just wondering if they are trying to take the extra away from me........can't handle it this week, will look into it more closely next week....they've given me 60 days lol If I figure it out, I'll come back and explain but from glancing at the paperwork.....it's complicated Sad

Back to top Go down

sisip - SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 7 Empty Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by Teentitan Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:24

JustMe I think the VAC paperwork you received is for NVC. Your CM or VAC wants you to apply so your wife can take advantage of the training (it's up to $75K now). Also it's the route to take if your CM feels you should be in receipt for one of the levels of PIA. There is 3 levels.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 09:05

Personally, I see it as a double edged sword. The info I get from the people on here is helpful. One would hope that there would be some kind of consistency in the way we are treated, but I guess that is too much to "hope" for... ?!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 21:29

It's so strange how so many things are different for all of us. I am in receipt of VA, Mil Pen, LTD and CPPD since 2000. For 11 years I had to fill out both forms for Sisip. This past 3 years it has been only the personal one every year for Sisip. I was assuming they were sending the other forms directly to my Doctor but I guess not. BUT now this week I received a huge freaking package from VA, paperwork for me and also my Dr to fill out......it looks far more complicated than the one from Sisip.......jasus, there's just no end to it! I just don't have the mindset to go through it this week....maybe next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 18:27

Just goes to show how a group of individuals from all parts of this Country can post, and share their information, and help so many in doing so !

Just wanted to say thanks to all for your info as it surely has helped me get a better understanding of these medical forms.

Much appreciated folks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 15:33

No, Nav. She told me that "usually if the member is on CPPD, they will only get the one questionnaire. But ultimately, it is up to the administrator whether or not one or both gets sent out".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 14:03

So if l understand , if you are in receipt of CPPD, and also receive sisip ltd then you only are required to complete the questionnaire and not the medical form?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:45

Thanks RDS. Great info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:35

I spoke to someone at SISIP this morning and here is what I was told: if you have changed/updated your address with them since the Class Action, your COLA cheque will be sent to that address. If you are on CPPD, that is why you only receive one questionnaire to fill out. After that, I started hearing Charlie Brown's teachers voice....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:20

that is what my paperwork is Teen it is simply a review to see if any changes have occurred since the last review up to date med list, i am led to believe that you receive a complete package every two years, thats the one that asks about your feelings lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 22:23

Anything official on that Teen. It be nice to not have to get them filled every year

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Feb 2015, 14:26

Actually tiger SISIP pushed it up to the DND and they pushed it to the GoC because they are the policy holders and policy makers.

So your doctor might have had a big impact on the paperwork with what he said the form truly was...an application not a review form.

So maybe the personal questionaire is the new policy. If the client shows any significant change, for better or worse, then the doctors get involved.

Great info tiger, great info.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 14:17

Last year, I took the medical questionnaire from SISIP with the letter from SISIP dating 2006 stating I was approuved LTD and the letter from the Québec pension plan stating that I was disabled to the Doctor Office. The Doctor looked at that and said, this is ridiculous, I am not filling out these forms, SISIP has all the info required, they don't need more. He stated that you are not disabled one day, and good to go the next day, it does not work like that. I said no problem Doc, I send the questionnaire back with a letter explaning the conversation that I had with the Doctor. About a month later, I received a phone call from a SISIP rep, a very nice lady, she said she understood the situation and that she would pass this on to her supervisor. I also told her, that their questionnaire was for someone that is making an application for the first time with SISIP, and that unless they change their forms, the Doc would refuse to fill them out. The lady was very nice and she understood exactly what I was saying and that she would push it up. So perhaps, the CO of SISIP and his people had a pow wow with a box of tim hortons donuts and they realize that the yearly questionnaire was not required, and that they would stop wasting people times. (maybe that is what happened, I hope) Please excuse the spellling, I am French. Have a nice day.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:18

hey k9 nice to see you post again.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:46

Hello all, long time I haven't posted, but reading every day, it is the first time in 16 years that they didn't send both doctors and applicant report, first time my dic will not have to fill the report. Was told before that I had to have both for the life insurance premiums they were paying since my release! I had to fill out those two all these years just to keep my coverage even if I was zero sum.
But who knows, they might send me a doctors eval in a week or two,.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next