Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senate report sheds light on veteran's plight

2 posters

Go down

Senate report sheds light on veteran's plight Empty Re: Senate report sheds light on veteran's plight

Post by bigrex Mon 22 Jun 2015, 15:51

In an ideal world, I think the suite of benefits should look something like this.

- Monthly pension (for pain and suffering), with more emphasis put on QOL.

- ELB is given to all VAC clients at above 50% (If they are working, the benefit is minimal), but it ensures a minimum level of financial security for all moderate to severely disabled. Keep it at 75%, but make employment earning the only money that is deductible.

PIA is approved on a sliding scale, based on level of disability, and not on entitlement (ie A Veteran gets 1/5 of 20% and 2/5 of 30%. Even though the pension would only be paid at 15%, the PIA would be paid, based on a 50% level of disability). 40-59% get grade 1, 60-79% get grade 2, and >80% are given grade 3. This is because, in order to be assessed at a higher percentage, your symptoms either have to be significant, or suffering from several mild to moderate disabling conditions, leading to an overall general disability. Those assessed at less than 50% can still be approved, but on a case by case basis.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Senate report sheds light on veteran's plight Empty Re: Senate report sheds light on veteran's plight

Post by Kramer Mon 22 Jun 2015, 14:27

Of course you are right....everyone's definition of fair would be different.......but .....I know I am repeating myself......but it is how the government keeps insulting our intelligence.

At least attempt to give us something.......waving a pork chop in front of us by asking what we want and even with an overwhelming response of suggestions (even from the VO) and all they throw our way is crumbs.

Yes even giving us what they took would be the preverbal step in the right direction.

As time goes on the public just finds more and more about what the government has been doing to us, how they treat us....the B.S. we have to go through day in day out.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 13:19

well what to ask for could be a very individual question in most cases the answers will be modest and reasonable some im sure can be unreasonable .

im sure this may not sound fair or reasonable to some but I think would be fair and reasonable to most .

we could ask to have back what has been taken away since 1994 or hell even whats been taken away since 2005 may suffice .

or hell how about this as a simple answer ,,, EQUALITY !!!!!

sound fair and reasonable ??????

propat

Back to top Go down

Senate report sheds light on veteran's plight Empty Senate report sheds light on veteran's plight

Post by Kramer Mon 22 Jun 2015, 11:58

I am sure most of us are not surprised of the archaic way the military does it's business. I am guessing they still order nuts, bolts and washers through the supply system, when Trenton needs them and Edmonton has some, instead of LPO (Local Purchase Order) a very ancient and expensive way of doing business.

I am sure Mr. O'Toole means well when he "vows" things will change. The way I see it, is more often than not individual cases come into light only from media attention and only then are things vowed to change. Yet with all the promises of change........what has changed?????

The veteran community as a whole has been screaming for change(s) for years............ but at the rate of .01% of veterans per year........what more can "one" really ask for?........oh wait.....how about the cash infusion Toronto is getting!! I wonder if Toronto had to apply.....wait....wait....wait....get denied, go through the grievance process and wait years before they got approved.

As Propat said (I believe), money buys votes!! So Mr. Harper..........produce financial support for the veteran community and you will get an influx of tenuous promises from us .....lol.....isn't that how politicians work???? throw out a bunch of false promises to get votes.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down