Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More ....In The News....

+2
Rifleman
Kramer
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

More ....In The News.... Empty Re: More ....In The News....

Post by Guest Thu 26 Nov 2015, 19:44

this can be a good program . knew a guy that was pretty fracked up financially and other ways . someone kept pushing him to apply and keep fighting for this benefit . as a result he ended up seeing someone in the OSI clinic on a regular basis .

now after getting approved for his benefits he is a little better off financially and although not great doing much better otherwise as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Nov 2015, 19:36

nemo the rehab program is misunderstood sometimes . vocational rehab is only one part of the rehab program there also medical, physical and mental rehabilitation ect to this program.

if you can no longer work you will still be able to qualify for the rehab program just not the vocational rehab part of it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 26 Nov 2015, 19:15

I have looked at the criteria for TPI. Says even if you get SISIP LTD, that you don't necessarily qualify for TPI. It also says, 'The Veteran must apply and be eligible for VAC’s Rehabilitation Program.' Almost 2 decades from release and I would not be elibible for the Rehab Program. Don't understand why you need to be elegible for the Rehab Program if SISIP and CPP(D) accept that you can't work.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 26 Nov 2015, 18:01

bigrex - Good pt, those of us who are deemed TPI, should not have to go thru the process every 2 yrs proving you still fracked. I dont really get that one. When it is right in the wording TPI? I was talking to some comrades just yesterday, on how it is odd that CM's will tell us that if you get CPPD, then that is justification for TPI. It just plain fracked when the dept that deems one TPI, waits on another gov dept to see if you are really TPI. Now my head hurts, VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 26 Nov 2015, 11:40

Well Nemo, maybe part of the improvements to PIA will be the extension of benefits to everyone who is deemed TPI, whether or not they meet the existing criteria or not. since that was one of the deficiencies identified by the OVO report. If you are getting SISIP and CPP(D), you should have no issue getting declared TPI as well.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 26 Nov 2015, 10:45

I get VAC but at 50%. I also get Sisip and cpp(d). But i don't qualify for anything else from VAC including the ELB and all those other things others get. So tho I could never work again, I don't have a mental impairment tho I have MCI and I can feed and clothe myself - . I am also mobile...not real far or fast but mobile. So I am thinking that I would not qualify for RISB. I think many are likely in that category.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 21:15

That's what I'm hoping for!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Nov 2015, 19:29

I'm hoping that the RISB will be a distant memory by the time I reach 65, as I continue to collect my 90% ELB for life.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 19:21

The secret is in the RISB! That's the ticket for veterans and survivors happiness!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Nov 2015, 18:55

well, I wouldn't expect any major moves before parliament resumes next week. As far as the 50% survivor benefit, AFIK, that only really applies to those assessed at below 47%. Anyone getting a pension of over 48%, the spouse gets equivalent to the 75% pension of a single Veteran. So a surviving spouse of a Veteran paid at 50% or 55% will actually make more after the death than the Veteran did while alive. I was thinking it might apply to the survivor benefits under ELB, but I'm not sure if there are actual survivor benefits for those who were getting ELB, and not just survivors who are eligible for ELB because the Veteran had passed away due to their service. The literature is surprisingly vague of that subject.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 17:13

I'm guessing here that the increase from 50% to 70% has to do with VAC benefits....this is the way it use to be with VAC benefits to the surviving spouse....100% for the first year an 50% for every year thereafter.

I'm guessing that the marriage after 60 clause has to do with the CF pension.

Others may be a bit more knowledgeable....but it's difficult to know where these guy's are coming from as there's no details on the promises they promised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 16:00

Good question nemo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 25 Nov 2015, 15:56

"For spouses and family members, the government will increase the veteran survivor’s pension amount from 50 percent to 70 percent and eliminate the “marriage after 60” clawback clause, so surviving spouses of veterans receive appropriate pension and health benefits." ***When they say this, are they talking about CFSA? or a VAC pension?
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 25 Nov 2015, 15:38

Agreed. Same BS and no change.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 25 Nov 2015, 14:05

Same crap all talk we no what the fracking problems are they keep repeating them just start fixing them we have waited long enough get on with it for frack sakes!!!!!!!!

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next