Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man gets disability from eating military food

+4
pinger
Pipes
Rifleman
Kramer
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Man gets disability from eating military food - Page 2 Empty Re: Man gets disability from eating military food

Post by pinger Thu 03 Dec 2015, 16:03

I got the leanest meanest greenest slow cooker Sparrow. Proper portions, raw veggies and fruit.
Hey! That could be a really healthy support thread??? What you say Very Happy cookie?
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Man gets disability from eating military food - Page 2 Empty Re: Man gets disability from eating military food

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 13:46

I enjoyed the military food from the kitchen but I hated LRPS especially when it was growing grey fungi all the other field rations were good can hash was questionable but edible only ever got sick from LRPS...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 03 Dec 2015, 13:24

Magic pantry in a pressure cooker mm good

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 13:04

I heard Sparrow was the best cooker! Period!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 09:10

Had you pegged for pay office sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 08:38

I was a cook in the military ~ Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 06:34

True story... Buddy of mine last name Rockman a Jewish guy we were on exercise after 6 days on exercise and going hard night and day he mostly ate peanut butter and jam sandwiches when the hay boxes were delivered it was pork chops he was ahead of me in line and he took a pork chop with his meal I said is that not against your religion he said F religion i'm starving latter I seen him coming with a pork chop in each hand and BAM an infidel was born. The wife and myself were invited to his place for supper about a month latter worried mutten was on the menu as we both don't like it we were surprised to see roast pork gravy potatoes and veggies lol. Maybe he could claim the military diet turned him into a pork chop eating infidel. lmao
Maybe if the coalition bombed and killed the animals dropped hay boxes full of hash brownies then two hours latter hay boxes full of bacon,sausage,pork chops isis would have to lay down their weapons or commit suicide as they would have become the infidels they hate because you cannot resist the pig meat when you are starving or have the munchies seen it with my own eyes lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Wed 02 Dec 2015, 22:15

Yes strange considering I've read a few VRAB appeals from people getting injured while or during a meal time
And VRAB always denied those claims as they would state that Meal times they considered you as being Off Duty.

The one here I am trying to remember was an officer over Seas somewhere, and it was a stop over type trip, and
the officers mess was closed or something, and they went off base to the restaurant across the road to eat, and he
ended up getting some sort of disease, or was he hit by a vehicle on the way back, just out side the base gate..
Hmm memory is getting bad, or I could be mixing 2 reviews.
But yeah his claim was denied because they said that meal times you were off duty.

So if this is the case now where they are going Ya he was on duty eating his meal(s)(s) dunno how many per day hence
the Double (s)(s).. I would think that would give these people some Argument as well, And or it goes that we are on duty
24/7 and even during meal times.

I'll just add it to the other strange VRAB appeal hearing that are posted, and I went through, and I went through all of them or whatever
was listed..

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 02 Dec 2015, 21:37

Agree wild thing I think this is a load of BS and I don't even know all the facts on this matter

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 20:55

I have as most eaten sausage etc etc that had been cooked placed in hay boxes to cook and soak in grease for another 4 hours before being served I would be embarased and ashamed to try and claim on that it is a simple case of knowing and taking advantage of the system at the expense of veterans with true injuries. Just proof of how screwed up the system is like propat said life choice he had a choice most combat units without field kitchens didn't. BS

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 02 Dec 2015, 20:40

But yet, they used my weight gain as a way to greatly reduce my disability award for degenerative disk disease. When I said that my weight gain was mainly due to the fact that I was unable to walk to the bathroom without severe pain, let alone exercise, their response was that I should simply eat less. Even though it is documented that due to medication that I take, I have little to no appetite, and that there are days that I do not eat at all. Like today, all I've eaten is a couple chicken balls that my daughter brought home after school and had left over. And that filled me up. In fact, they also used my weight to deny the bilateral lymphodema that I suffer from, even though my docs show that they have been swollen since I had my knee surgeries in 2004.

Now I would agree that the food on ship isn't exactly the healthiest of fares, everyone eats the same stuff. So if the food alone made him obese, then every sailor who has made a career in the navy would be just as obese. But they aren't. So there has to be significant blame placed on him. All this does is create a precedence, and now every sailor, if not every CF member, who has gained weight during their career, and suffered illnesses linked to their weight, to submit and be awarded a disability pension. In fact, I just might appeal my lymphodema denial based on this new evidence.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 20:15

I recall eating on a ship a few trips I could have ate salad as I recall it was offered in most meals . given the fact I recall a lot of fatty choices and im sure I recall 4 meal times I can see how this can happen . this sounds like I life choice problem ta me .

I JUST DONT GET THIS !!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 02 Dec 2015, 20:09

I am not going to judge........I don't get paid to do it... :0

........ all kinds of problems can be associated with diet.......hmmmm

However if the appeal noted there was a "link" in this case, then this could set a precedence!

Perhaps the reigns are finally loosening up some....which is about time.....as many already know....many legitimate claims have been D-D-D....

Military life/lifestyle may not always create the problem/symptoms....but those times military life/life style can certainly exasperate the problem/condition and that is where I believe the benefit of doubt needs to be applied liberally...as it should.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 02 Dec 2015, 19:09

Nuts!
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next