Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIp not paying for 26 year

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SISIp not paying for 26 year Empty Re: SISIp not paying for 26 year

Post by 1993firebird Fri 22 Jan 2016, 13:35

I was a two year zero sum and I did want my money as it was around $50,000 for two years and because I was a zero sum due to the clawback I did not provide medical reports at the 18 and 24 month period and that is why I appealed for LTD benefits beyond 2 years and I won because I am injured for life and I have the medical reports to prove it. I think we should have held out for the legal fee's to be paid by the government not the Veterans as it is blood and injury money.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 22 Jan 2016, 08:27

Kwazzy,

Feel for you, dont give up there are avenues open I suspect. Sparrow is correct check out MC office if that failed find a injury lawyer hopefully with military knowledge and get an opinion. PM inbound.
   To all here this is the reason we should not have settled until this was all sorted. we jumped too quick! Waiting another year is all it would have taken and we would have won so much more maybe not more money but a better settle program wise and protected many more that will and have fallen through the cracks. We all know tha vast majority of this lawsuit was the 2 years pay back people and they just wanted their cash now.....at the cost of the minority and the very few that really had been injured and need LTD for life. The near sighted approach of those greedy 2 year pay offs seriously pissed me off.

So true firebird......Leave no one behind....we did. As on the battle field only cowards leave a wounded soldier behind. There are many who need to atone for leaving some behind on this issue.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 21 Jan 2016, 18:27

never leave anyone behind.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Thu 21 Jan 2016, 18:12

When I was medically released in 93, 3B, I was told I didn't qualify for SISIP..
And when I contacted MC, I was told the same, Sorry your are not part of it

And I did contact the OVO Office, but unfortunately, he will get told the same as Me, the OVO can NOT look at things prior to 2006
they can only do thing from his inception date of 06

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 17:03

I know it is a lot to consider but have you given any thought to telling your situation to the media? I would suggest contacting MVA Hehr but I don't think he will be of any help. If you contact the media maybe a lawyer may come forward to assist you pro bono. I don't know your situation so forgive me if I am speaking out of term.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 21 Jan 2016, 16:18

staystrong.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaazy Thu 21 Jan 2016, 16:05

Thank you so much

kwaazy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 15:56

No i was on it for 8 years at that time it was a life pension when that policy changed to 65 they said to me your parts grew back and your injury's all healed up get lost they owe me 16 years back pay but adjudication was the wrong route to take so the 16 years of back pay is simular to the 26 years they owe you. i would call every personal injury lawyer i would if i were you, the one that needs the money the most will be the one that fights the hardest for you. good luck

Back to top Go down

SISIp not paying for 26 year Empty Sisip

Post by kwaazy Thu 21 Jan 2016, 15:33

Hi wild thing
Were you in the same situation as I am in as far as going after SISIP for not paying any LTD?

Last edited by kwaazy on Thu 21 Jan 2016, 15:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled)

kwaazy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 15:23

Welcome to the kwaazy house kwaazy that is the way sisip worked if you made more dva pension then sisip would be paying they just said know you don't qualify i think an injury lawyer might be the way to go as it was proved in court that was illegal so they did not have the right to refuse you.MC has made their money off us and don't want to tackel a few hundred thousand but an independent injury lawyer will lick his lips at the opportunity to make 30% of 26 years of back pay they told me i should have went threw them instead of adjudication because once i done that it left me with no options call dozens of injury lawyers until you find one that says yes we will win this and we will take a percentage..

Back to top Go down

SISIp not paying for 26 year Empty SISIP

Post by kwaazy Thu 21 Jan 2016, 14:13

I did contact that law firm but because I never did receive any money from SISIP, I am not eligible for the law suite. You are only eligible if you received money and they cut it back because of your veterans pension. I have to go another route on this one. I will contact the ombudsman and try there. Thank you all for your help so far

kwaazy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 21 Jan 2016, 14:09

I hope it is not to late for back pay as the class action lawsuit is over.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 14:05

kwaazy, I would also contact the Veterans Ombudsman to see if there is any assistance from their office for you. You can email directly from the attached link under "We can help" . Take care.
http://www.ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng
1-877-330-4343
Office of the Veterans Ombudsman
360 Albert Street, Suite 1560
Ottawa, Ontario  K1R 7X7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 13:55

yup that should be your fist action great stuff sparrow . good luck kwaazy.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 13:52

kwaazy, please contact Dan Wallace at Mcinness Cooper law firm. He is the lawyer that represents appeals for Sisip LTD. His email address is daniel.wallace@mcinnescooper.com
Welcome to Csat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next