Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First House Question of 2016 asked to our MVA (Question Period)

+5
BinRat
Teentitan
bigrex
Dannypaj
Slaket
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First House Question of 2016 asked to our MVA (Question Period) - Page 2 Empty Re: First House Question of 2016 asked to our MVA (Question Period)

Post by Teentitan Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:35

Rex as good as your idea is NOTHING is to be done behind closed doors, even with vet orgs sitting at the table.

I have met, talked, listened to these orgs and THEY ALL have their own agenda and some of them are equivalent to door stops!

They will agree with anything because they are being wined, dined and made to feel important by bureaucrats while they are being controled by said bureaucrats.

Non-affiliated veterans need to be at that table to keep it real. Keep the written language simple. And most importantly keep all other veterans at the table to concentrate on veterans not themselves.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

First House Question of 2016 asked to our MVA (Question Period) - Page 2 Empty Re: First House Question of 2016 asked to our MVA (Question Period)

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:25

binrat it works . I sent them my legislation and got a generic response in short order .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:18

Teen, I agree that it would be better if everything was transparent, but if they aren't going to do that, it would be better to have some Veterans in behind those closed doors, when the policies are being written.

IMO, the biggest reason the NVC was such a fail was because it was civilians basically dictating to Veterans what was best for us. We are not children. We have been responsible for peoples lives, saving them and taking them, if needed. We Have been in control of equipment that costs millions of dollars, without needing some politician looking over our shoulder to make sure we didn't break it. We have spouses. We have children of our own. We are adults. So I do not need some politician or bureaucrat telling me whether or not getting a monthly pension for a disability would keep me from working. The only thing that would keep a disabled Veteran from working, is the disability itself, not whatever compensation they received. After all, getting a PA pension wasn't like winning the lotto max
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:42

Well this might be late, well for the live chat, but trying to find the fax number to my DO, on the vac website I seen this, but don't know if they are still accepting information but it had to do with pre budget ideas / consultations..

http://www.budget.gc.ca/2016/prebudget-prebudgetaire/index-en.html

Today, I am embarking on an intensive cross-Canada conversation with Canadians to shape our first budget – and our future budgets. As a starting point, I’m asking you to fill out this online questionnaire, and ask that your friends, family and colleagues do the same. I want to hear from you about what you feel your community needs to become an even better place to call home.

Remember: I don’t have all the answers. That’s why I need you! The more people who take the time to share their thoughts, the more the next budget will be a reflection of the kind of real, meaningful change you’ve asked us to deliver. So be a part of the next federal budget – chip in. We are counting on your insight.

As I mentioned a late find, but maybe still available..

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:30

absolutely G-D right teen where the heck is the transparency ????????

they know what direction they are heading by now .

let us know!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:55

Rex don't even put that idea in their head! That's what happened with the NVC. They debriefed 6 organizations then they had to sign confidentiality contracts that they would not even disclose the info to their own members.

This governement said they would be transparent. Well where in the hell is the transparency?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 28 Jan 2016, 09:41

I gladly would attend such a meeting.
After thought....NO I wouldn't , we all know what needs to be done and they as well, but "feet dragging*" is what they like to do "causing continual casualties due to mental torture*" of the Delay, Deny, Die tack.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Jan 2016, 09:04

Even if you cannot make the plans public yet, how about selecting a group of well known Veteran advocate, and giving them a detailed debrief, and allow them to provide real input (not just sit there and shut up approach taken during the NVC "consultations"). Then they can let the GoC and the rest of us know whether we will be pleased or not.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 07:32

yup agreed they seem to be keeping their promises by reiterating them . I think we are passed that point now .

I understand their hasn't been enough time to make all the changes and have them implemented . I get that . but the how should be their by now or at least the general idea of how .

tell us how you are thinking about fulfilling your promises and in short order good or bad im sure we will tell you what we think of that .

this exchange of ideas and opinions is called communication .

yes listen to the burocrats and advocates some good ones with good ideas out their without any other agenda but to help vets get what they need .

listen to your letters and emails from vets themselves there you will be sure to get exactly what vets want and need right from the horses mouth . no agenda filters at all.

then after listening intently regardless of what those immediately around you say MAKE THE RITE DESSISION !!!!

then get it done .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 28 Jan 2016, 07:11

Dear GOC,
I am tired of this shi#! Stop playing games ! What kind of propaganda will our GOC deliver to us today? Is it meant to keep "US" in line? Wait for the budget! ! !
.....On your travels Navrat, have you had a chance to speak to the man himself? lol
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Thu 28 Jan 2016, 06:58

Yes he was given the first question to answer.. But did he?
From what I read and watched...nope...his answer was nothing more then the company policy!
There was not an answer to the question he was asked..so anyone who says he did, go back and review above or watch the video...
Nope not an answer but the party line statement is what was given..

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

First House Question of 2016 asked to our MVA (Question Period) - Page 2 Empty First House Question of 2016 asked to our MVA (Question Period)

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 13:41

Ms. Irene Mathyssen (London—Fanshawe, NDP): Mr. Speaker, Canada's veterans have suffered cuts to benefits, the closure of frontline offices, and worse, suicide rates have climbed, homelessness has increased and yet veterans still face unacceptable waits for mental health services., and the report on veterans' treatment, buried by the previous government, is still missing in action.
Our veterans need help today. They should not have to wait for the minister to get around to reopening offices.
When will all veterans finally get the mental health and other services they need?
Hon. Kent Hehr (Associate Minister of National Defence, Lib.): Mr. Speaker, I can tell the member Veterans Affairs is working hard to rectify many of the situations that she put forward. We are going to be reopening offices, we are hiring more frontline staff, we are going to get a handle on our mental health issues, and we are ensuring that our frontline staff is delivering the services in a timely manner for our men and women who have fought for this nation.
I can assure the member that we are working hard and we will see a better Veterans Affairs going forward then the one we saw under the former government.

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/videos/898626463578766/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2