Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest VVi News

+6
bigrex
Rifleman
Skud
Admin
johnny211
Kramer
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Latest VVi News - Page 4 Empty Re: Latest VVi News

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 05:58

With regards to the request brought forward by a member to have a certain article removed as noted above the request has been denied.
Those that disagree with the response by Admin to not remove is of course your right , Admin has given proper explanation as to why the request has been denied.
I would like to remind all that it was not Admin or anyone from VVi who wrote the article...yes VVi posted it an just like any other article posted...not all agree on what is detailed in an article...but if the article has to do with Veterans...the article should be posted an allowed to be viewed by all.
We must not lose sight of the fact that the article in question is simply an (opinion) we here on the forum react to all sorts of articles that are posted day in an day out...an a lot if not most of the articles are written in a way that are controversial to our eyes...but it is only an opinion by the writer which should not influence any of us to turn against the individual who posted it...we should be encouraging VVi an the members of the Forum to post articles that relate in some shape or form to Veterans as we are all Veterans an that is a part of being involved on this Forum.
I am a fair person an have respect for all of our members an will act an do my best in responding to any concerns brought forward to me...in fact I encourage anyone with any concerns to contact me...however there's always a balance in play with respect to balancing the wishes of all of the members...those that are not happy with the outcome of this particular issue an are stating they want to leave...I'm sorry to see anyone leave but cannot force anyone to stay...that is entirely up to the individuals themselves.
In closing I would say that it is , what it is , it is simply an opinion that is simply not well received by some which in my view we see each an every day on the Forum with most of our articles...an I agree with Admin in saying if you don't like it , don't read it , an further to this I would say or suggest to anyone who has a serious problem with a particular article to take it up with the writer of that article , after all it is the writer responsible for the context an not the person who posted the article.

Thank you Admin for responding to this issue.

trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jan 2016, 01:38

There are several Cdn articles that have been posted in the past five years, on this topic. Even earlier news reporting on the same, dating back to late 90's.

No, we have to move in conjunction with vets of our Allies. For example, the vet alliance on the Mefloquine issue has started to achieve something.

If you expect that a divided Cdn vet community can achieve what it needs, then I suggest have a look back over the past 40 yrs, hell even the past 20 yrs. Vets are being screwed over worse than ever.

Finally, if vets do not like certain posted articles, then I suggest they don't read them.

CJ
Admin
Admin
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 01:22

no CJ not really. different systems and FAR different now since 06 or so . and very different people . I worked with them as well the French, checks and the list goes on .

NON of them are like us but the ausies are close ill give ya that .

but this is an American opinion piece about American problems .

there is NO evidence ANYWHERE I have seen that this is a major problem in the CAF .

NONE

but a lot to say that many of OUR soldiers that have these problems ARE NOT seeking help.

buds we got enough problems of our own we really don't need to be importing other peoples problems and frightening some of those that are thinking of seeking help into thinking wholly frack now on top of everything else people might think of me if I do this they might think im a fraud as well because of some fracking u all ta boot. THATS JUST FRACKIN GREAT frack it I think ill just fracking suffer .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jan 2016, 01:02

It is. There is a UK link. As well, there are the associated VVi FB links. Yes, this a Cdn site, but what goes on with our Allies has a great influence on us.

One of the reasons VVi has been solitarily funded for 18 yrs, was that it could post wide spread news on any veteran related issues, without interference. That is not going to change now.

Have a problem, you may post here, or contact me at publisher@veteranvoice.info, or through FB pm, under my FB page CJ Wallace.
Admin
Admin
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 00:51

boys don't leave we need you guys here just for stuff like this .

this is just an opinion piece from some red neck rag that's it that's all .

he has no real studies done just heresy a FEW examples TRYING to make it look like the problem is widespread oh and his AMERICAN experience . well I worked with them quite a lot they aint us and we aint them not by a longshot . we are not American I am not American .

in a nutshell

I AM CANADIAN

now for my short opinion piece

I will title this

I AM CANADIAN

in MY CANADIAN experience I have seen a I guess quite a few with PTSD . 2 with symptoms so bad they were totally fracked and had to be released ( keep in mind I was released in 08 ) those guys NEVER got a diagnoses or help prior to being released . another couple pretty bad off to the point a lot of people around them talked to them various over MANY years . one finally got some help and the other still in last I talked to him and never did see anyone .

many others I knew were having problems of this sort called to the MIR for these type of reasons after tour screenings and were peed when they came back saying they are the fracking crazy ones and that kind of stuff . im not doing no fracking rubber room test !!!! you know the stuff.

ive seen wives so desperate THEY called the battalion AFTER their husbands left for work in the morning telling them to get him help ASAP and DO NOT let him come home until he does .

if not for their wives they never would have got help .

so I don't know whats going on in the good old US of A or what the insurance companies SAY is going on in civie street im sure sure there is SOME basis in fact to what they are saying .

does misdiagnoses happen in the CAF? sure it does for a lot more than PTSD . do people fake or exaggerate symptoms in the CAF? sure it does for a lot more than just PTSD .

BUT I GUESS NOT ACCOURDING TO THIS GUY NOOOOOO!!!!!

otherwise the article would have been written different with a different title encompassing ALL medical and mental issues not just one of the thousands .

so he seems to have a problem with PTSD itself .

meanwhile back here in CANADA guys with PTSD going undiagnosed and UNTREATED seems to be a far greater problem than anything he is talking about IN THE US of A .

is this a Canadian vets site or is awww forget it .

and benefits BENIFITS don't talk to me about benefits he seems some of this is about MONEY ???

refusing to consider medical evidence NO benefit of the doubt . add to that the buyout !!!!

oh ya ill go seek help so I can get thrown out of my well paying job get fracked by DVA and VRAB not be able to support my family loose them my house and everything else.

BUT HEYYYYY

I will get to talk to someone every few weeks about my problems that are now compounded tenfold . YEA SIGN ME UP FOR THAT ONE SPORTY !!!!!

oh sorry I forgot he is American and doesn't understand there these little nuances .

I AM CANADIAN

IM TEN FOOT TALL AND BULLIT PROOF

I DONT GET PTSD

I cant afford it because

I AM CANADIAN

I got no problem with the post of that opinion piece as long as it is equaled with another opinion piece to counter it LIKE THIS ONE .

ALWAYS QUESTION ATHORITY

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 23:56

I agree with Riddick, I betcha the insurance industry and Vac would love to post that article, but who's the judge to decide who's faking and who's not. I believe PTSD fraud is extremely low!

Back to top Go down

Post by Skud Thu 28 Jan 2016, 23:15

I like your convictions Riddick

And I agree with them. This article is pure contamination and Admin....this is a gross and miscalculated mistake to keep it up.

This site/forum is the way it is because of the members. I have read many comments made by Riddick and is an intelligent individual.

I don't come on here often, but Admin.....sorry but when you don't back a good decision, well, I am out of here to ciao

Skud
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 28 Jan 2016, 22:58

In a nutshell.......Goodbye

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 28 Jan 2016, 22:47

Riddick, the post will remain. My reasons are as stated in my comment to the post.

There have been several articles on this issue in the past several months, including Cdn news pieces. Although I don't have the numbers, there is cheating on-going. Myself, I am aware of several incidents.

To what level, is unknown. However, by the insurance industry standards any where from 12% to 20% of claims are fraudulent. The CAF and VAC are not immune.

The key is to reduce fake claims, so those that are inflicted with PTSD get the help needed and funds as warranted.

In comparison to a decade ago, PTSD disability awards have been significantly reduced. So has the criteria that professionals use for diagnosis.

Twenty years ago, a three week diagnostic process was to be the standard. However, it was never adopted. As a result, there has been a lot misdiagnosis, or diagnosis based on DND expediency and/or PR policy. Such a system does little to assist those inflicted with the PTSD wound.

Further, PTSD is just that, PTSD. There are no varying levels of PTSD. There are no varying periods of infliction. There are no varying degrees of symptoms. PTSD is terminal. It is a chronic disability present minute by minute, day by day, which can often leave the individual incapacitated, or worse, without warning.

PTSD is a psysiological disability. It is a mental illness, as well as a physical change/damage to principally the brain, and often to the nervous system and immune system.

I was one of the first to have the term PTSD applied. It eventually led to my release from the Army after 26 yrs; the only thing I knew and loved. I was not a happy puppy, and to this day I yearn for the field and operations.

That's it in a nutshell.
Admin
Admin
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 20:09

Riddick...just to let you know that notification of your concern has been sent to both posters of this article ( VVi Latest News ) an the (notices category) of this Forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 19:26

Well said Riddick !

Will see what I can do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 28 Jan 2016, 19:23

Ohhh and Johnny.....I didn't think I speaking just for myself....thanks for the support.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 28 Jan 2016, 19:20

I won't PM you on this Trooper...... I would prefer all to see.....but thanks and I understand your reasoning.....but

I have no quams with anyone posting their opinion be it negative, neutral or positive....some rant.....some question and I, like many encourage it. But this individual is spreading lies.......and I can say lies because he has nothing to back it up. And yes it certainly can be political propaganda just to cause/create dissension in the ranks....its purpose is to do just that. This is not educational information......or information I happen to disagree with....it is more than that....it is out to hurt the many good people....to have professionals questions our authenticity and credibility the hell with that....... we have enough of that B.S. from VAC and VRAB.

If it is not taken off......call me moo chacho and I will just disappear because I feel so strongly about the negative impact and people should not be promoting it by posting it.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 19:01

Riddick - I agree with you, and for one who has PTSD, severe and chronic, this Flippin article gets me wound up. I think these articles maybe or not done for DVA, or someone in DVA, they say we have mental probs in the CF due to being abused as a child, shit, then we are making up ptsd. WTF. Ya right, like you Riddick, rather than wack him on the side of the Noggin, He can have my Noggin for a few days and nights, and see how it goes.
If they have seen some of the shit we have, then they would not be going on.. Of all my peers in my gp, I can truely say none of them are faking it. OK breathe, in and out,,
Just my thoughts on this. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 18:35

Riddick...thank you for acknowledging your concern in this matter.

My aim is to please not to upset in trying to keep in mind balance between all of the forum members.

Just so you know this particular article was also posted in the notice category of our forum.

Also I personally do not post in the VVi news section.

I agree that the US article is negative towards our beliefs an holds no merits , an without a doubt is upsetting.

However , it is an opinion that is coming from the US that could also affect what Canadian Veterans may have to deal with one way or another.

So this is what I'm going to do for you in responding to your concern...if you still feel that this particular article should not be circulated/posted...please PM me an I will contact both posters of the article an relay your concerns to them an ask them if they would consider removing the article.

I hope this would be acceptable to you an again thank you for your concern.

trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next