Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maclean's Report ~ Why Canada’s military risks returning to a decade of darkness

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maclean's Report ~ Why Canada’s military risks returning to a decade of darkness Empty Re: Maclean's Report ~ Why Canada’s military risks returning to a decade of darkness

Post by johnny211 Fri 05 Feb 2016, 09:57

wildthing - Lol, got ya now, It only took this head a full day to sort out what you meant.
wow, maybe i should not drive today, sit and veg, and sort the puzzle pieces,,lol, VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Maclean's Report ~ Why Canada’s military risks returning to a decade of darkness Empty Re: Maclean's Report ~ Why Canada’s military risks returning to a decade of darkness

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 19:17

I know i had some in gagetown but my head can only focus on pet and the hell day in and day out it consumes me 24/7.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 18:31

I had some good times wild thing when I served...many good people that I trusted...it's been awhile but every once in awhile we contact each other for conversation about our past...but absolutely some bad times of course but for the most part fairly good memories.
Those that could not carry their weight were dealt with as to an iron fist...so the unit held it's own which made for close comradeship amongst the group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 18:21

Cannot remember good trooper bad is a constant memory though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 17:58

FNC2

TOW...Tube launched..Optically tracked..Wire guided anti tank Missile ....not sure if they still use these but saw it on the news lately when the Kurds shot down a Russian Helo.

Memories...some good an some not so good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 17:53

johnny211 wrote:wild thing, ok the puzzle is more mixed up today, or maybe both of ours are,,what are you talking about..lol..VVV.

was talking obout you running around going bang bang as a throat claim yes osi is full throttle johnny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 04 Feb 2016, 17:28

SMG

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 04 Feb 2016, 16:41

wild thing, ok the puzzle is more mixed up today, or maybe both of ours are,,what are you talking about..lol..VVV.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 16:14

heck we have been in many decades of darkness . ever since Pearson really no matter the party in power .

im a new vet yet I still remember doing A ta C yelling bang bang eventually the troops stopped yelling bang bang and started yelling budget cut budget cut but you know how the troops are lol.

its in are Canadian culture not to spend nerly enough on defence unless there is a world war .

culture my friends is very hard to change .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 04 Feb 2016, 14:16

Man o man memory lane... I be-bopped a few TD's early 80ish. Don't remember bang bang Johnny but we had lots of blanks sneaking up on JLCs. Trooper... adjust your firing pin and pour on the oil. Memories... mine are fracked.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 14:12

Johnny did you lose your voice? and is that a legal claim? LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 14:09

This is what I have been saying, every conservative will say and brag they did so much for the military and veterans but if they had none of this would have occurred. It was a smoke screen and con job. The problem now is I believe our navy is headed the way of a coastal defence force and there is no way we can afford new fighter jets especially the f35 so in reality there is going to be big changes coming and our military will become a territorial force for defence only much like New Zealand and some Europe countries.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 04 Feb 2016, 13:39

Johnny, those dark days have already returned, well before the Liberals took over. The Army was only allowed to purchase half of their normal amount of live ammunition last year, and I think that simmunition was completely denied, as they cost even more. Plus how the Tories cancelled or cut back almost every benefit for the CF. They cancelled cost moves on release. they cancelled Post Living Differential (PDL) that compensated members who were posted into areas will higher costs of living, like Toronto and Vancouver. They cancelled severance pay. They greatly increased the members portion of the medical and pension plans. Plus there has been a wage freeze since 2013. So, under the Tories, Soldiers had less and less in their pocket at the end of the month, while the costs of living kept going up. So hopefully the Liberals will not only get better equipment for them to do their job, but make just being in the military better overall.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:41

Yep the good old days changing mags without rounds

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next