Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Disabled veterans still await the government's plan - Page 4 Empty Re: Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 16:51

I lived the helments for hard hats through sisip teen before it was ever mentioned on tv some of us were threateden even mentioning family in that threat to loose financial aid then when we were totally crippled we were cut off and it was reported as a sucess don't no which of the prick political party's were in power in 93 but i can tell you it was intended for the injured. who the hell medically released from the military is healthy so i don't understand what your saying it was only intended for the uninjured.

Back to top Go down

Disabled veterans still await the government's plan - Page 4 Empty Re: Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Feb 2016, 16:44

Here we go....reading and not thinking.

Nav we have been over this and quite frankly it's getting very boring because you bloody Liberls can't understand as a VETERAN I want an update.

I NEVER said don't give the payment for the small injuries. I said the NVC is an insurance style setup. Get them retrained and find them a job.

Over the last 10 years the argument was for the moderate to severly injured veterans who were not able to find a new career so new benefits were created FOR THEM and that's why it reaches only the very few you mentioned.

The RCMP are a union and they voted no so that's why they still have the PA but they cannot access any benefits under the NVC. Specifically the schooling. I've talked to a lot of RCMP and they would really like to get the schooling but they would never give up their life long pension.

Keeping this promise is not as easy as you may think it is. And before you start rolling out ideas if it was easy then ask yourself this simple question.....why hasn't it been done yet?

This is not an article of political beliefs, yes two politicians made comments. It is an article about the lack of respect Hehr has for veterans by not giving us an update on what is going on.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 16:37

Pretty darn close!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 16:31

ya I think I get SOME what you are saying trooper . let me try and say it in other words just to see if I get you correctly on part of that .

IDIOTS!!!!!

ANYONE who thinks that taking away the PA pension in ANY WAY helps disabled vets is an IDIOT .

what rock did these fracking cake sackers crawl out from under anyway ?

hold on now let me get this straight . they thought that because disabled vets having a hard time getting transitioning support trough SISIP and those that did found it for the moast part woefully ineffective and adequate PART of the answer was taking away the PA pension in favor of the buyout ???? MORONS !!!!!

ya they improved the transitioning services for disabled vets and now they think that those improvements would somehow be useless if the PA pension was restored . TARDS FRACKIN TARDS !!!!!

1. those that can go WILL .

2. those that cant go WILL NOT .

THAT would be regardless of what pain and suffering payment they receive neither one matters in that regard. the only thing that helps these disabled vets transition into civilian life would be adequate transitioning services .

imagine that proper transitioning services to help disabled vets transition to civi life instead of a POS buyout . crazy right ?

FRACKING MOOKS!!!!

what the frack is happening in the Canadian education system anyway???

they say its getting worse ta boot . the future don't look bright boys .

are these guys just lying through their teeth to keep to their own agenda or are they truly THAT STUPID!

they must be lying unless they are twins .

because no one man can be that fracking stupid !!!!!

3. some guys are on the bubble so to speak . maybe they can do something if they tried real hard but are unsure for how long .

right now these guys on the NVC know if they try they may have what little monthly payment they now get reduced or eliminated and if they fail because of their disability loose it altogether.

and these frackers think that bringing back the PA pension witch they will get every month for life and not reduced or eliminated because they found a good paying job "they are not punished for working like the NVC guys " .

they think bringing that back will somehow make it WORSE for disabled vets to transition into civilian life !!!!!!

ill finish the way I started .

IDIOTS!!!

am I close trooper???

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 16:29

Just because Otoole said something doesn't make it correct. Just like the NDP the Cons missed the mark by far. They say everything for the most disabled which is fine to state and we all know the Cons improvements helped very few, but what about the veteran who has hearing loss? Maybe it's no big deal for Otoole but this veteran with hearing loss got this disability from service so is it fair to say to him take a hearing aid and a couple thousand dollars and see you later, nope, not by a long shot! That small PA pension of a couple hundred dollars per month is a monthly reminder to that veteran that his service and the loss that he endured, no matter how small Otoole thinks it is, means something! That's what you Conservatives just can't understand! The RCMP still has the PA and it would be no problem to bring it back, cut a few tax loop holes from the Conservative rich and it pays for itself! Believe me I'm also pissed at the NDP for there position also! If we have money for Syrian refugees and Fake lake , corporate tax cuts then we have money for pensions for life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Feb 2016, 16:14

Actually wildthing the Helmets to Hardhats program was more for the 'healthy' members not really for the injured.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Feb 2016, 16:12

trooper I respect what you wrote but I think you missed the point. The Liberal's are in over their head and haven't got a clue of how they are going to go forward.

What you wrote has been the debate of the NVC and PA for the last 10 years. And what Stoffer and O'Toole said is true.

The PA is financial support and medical rehab support but no career support. The NVC is very good at career support and medical rehab support but lacks the financial support.

The comment of targeted funding is exactly what it is. For the moderate to severly disabled veterans who have small to zero chance of finding a new career.

What I want to know is how long until Hehr responds to this article because his silence is exactly what was stated by O'Toole

O’Toole alleges the Liberals simply made a promise to win votes, and that they are now struggling with their promise.

Now before everyone jumps all over me, again, stop and think of what you have all been screaming and ranting for.....a bloody update! The longer Hehr ignores this article is only proof that the promise they made was absolutely way too ambitious.

Hell if they can't even say that the bump in the ELB/LTD is going to be in this budget.

As long as the Minister is silent on the vet file you should all consider shifting from "hope" to "frustrated" with Hehr. I want to remind everyone that he only filled all the positions for his staff in the middle of January! So urgency is not a priority for this Minister. He should of had a full staff by the end of November, at the latest.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 16:04

Not insulting to me, would like to add employment is fine if it suits the soldiers medical condition and takes into account the worsening of that condition with time. Helmets for hard hats was the stupidest idea any idiot could possibly come up with seriously the penny pinching p----- need to step back and give their heads a shake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 15:14

If you read the part of the first sentence from the article which says " Released from the military for medical reasons "
Those words alone is what in my opinion were the words needed for any released member who was released medically from the military to began the fair process across the board for all Veterans to start their process of compensation in seeking benefits from VAC as to how their condition or conditions relates some way shape or form to the service.
This of course in applying pre 2006 from the good old fair pension act.

Before I continue to give my opinion I want to stress to all that my intention is not to persuade anyone to follow my beliefs..it is just an opinion..just thought it would be a good Idea to emphasize that as I'm sure many will disagree completely with what I'm about to write.
Those that do not agree with it..  keep this in mind..  I fully understand..an fully respect that.

First off I strongly feel that when a serving member of the forces gets medically released..no outside occupation in the form of compensation and or benefits that is available to those outside work force populations should in no way shape or form be used or compared to the system that is set up for those serving in our armed forces with respect to those who find themselves being medically released from the armed services.

In my opinion or view the armed forces is unique by itself an should remain unique which should also follow how they look after their Veterans who find themselves being medically released.
In my view changing from the PA to the NVC has crossed the line somewhat in the form of taking away some of that unique quality that holds so much importance to so many who serve.
This I do believe is at the heart of the many problems were facing today with respects to the way in which we are to receive benefits..I also believe that without any doubt these problems will continue until the lifelong pension is brought back.

Another problem I see is categorizing medically released Veterans..this makes it more complex..more difficult for Veterans to be approved for benefits and in my view can work in ones favor an work against another with similar conditions.. which takes fairness away which really shows the problem using this method.
That said I fully understand the intention here..but disagree completely with this concept.
The fact of the matter is that we are all Veterans , regardless of trade an regardless of combat..we all sign the dotted line to answer for combat..those in combat were well looked after from the old pension system.. as those non combat..what does this all say ?
It say's fairness amongst all service members..fairness is what is needed to make a system work..in my view this fairness would come from what we use to have with the old pension act..the merits of this has already been proven.

When a service member gets medically released many things go through their minds..many..but the one most important thing that must be reassured to the Veteran is security..I have no problem saying that it is security..security in the form of a financial tax free monthly pension for life..I strongly believe that without this..it puts the Veteran in a bad place..a place that no one would want to be in let alone a Veteran who has just been told they are being medically released.
This should an must be the number one priority when designing a system to look after Veterans..a system that was once in place an taken away.
Anything an everything else would be a welcome benefit to those Veterans..but the first priority has to be given first.

I don't see anything wrong with the government wanting to help Veterans medically released find civilian careers..in fact I welcome it an applaud it..but here's the thing..did they really have to take away the lifelong pension to offer us help to find a civilian job ?
It blows my mind to hear comments saying that money is not everything an suggest finding a medically released Veteran a job does much more for the Veteran then steady security..like I said..the security must come first..the job is a welcome help that many can take good use of..but remember we are suppose to be unique ? remember we all sign the line for combat ? Are we now inline with the outside work population ? perhaps they should also sign the line ? perhaps the word unique means nothing now ?
Is this the way they want to treat Veterans now ?
Like I said the intention is certainly there but I would like to know where the common sense is ?

When I hear statements like..they have had numerous complaints about the old pension system..an a statement of disagreement into reintroducing the lifelong pension an using this to suggest that helping Veterans find civilian careers would supersede the old pension act ?
Where is the logic behind that kind of mindset ?
Where does the true loyalty lie making such statements ?
This is the kind of statements that is bothersome to many to say the least !

As the article points out those solders getting medically released are under the assumption they will be well looked after but only to find that they are given a lump sum which is probably quite fine at first but once they learn about the old pension act an compare that to the lump sum they received it opens their eyes up wondering where is the fairness here.
Remember were talking about Veterans here..Veterans who are suppose to be unique in what they do in serving their Country.
In my own opinion it's just wrong..terribly wrong !

And then we have those who say.." we want to target the funds where you need it most "
Well I can answer that real quick..target the funds equally across the board given every medically released Veteran the opportunity to have a sense of financial security for life..anything above an beyond that would be welcomed... but.. the security has to be the number one priority as with the old pension act.

Again just to emphasize it is only my opinion an is not meant to offend , insult anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:13

Danny, My boy, at this point all we have is hope, that's it, so I am hoping!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 06 Feb 2016, 07:20

Will see and wait. Navrat. I don't think  the MVA would be whispering sweat nothing into your ear. Consultation, secrecy, exclusion,and  nothing but hearsay by  media outlets on what the hell is happening. Just hoping Navrat  is right at this point!!!......It is like water skiing on the back of a CPF and waiting to hit that wave, giving you the answers to how the rest of your life will look like, but that wave will it amount to anything?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Disabled veterans still await the government's plan - Page 4 Empty Disabled veterans still await the government's plan

Post by 6608 Fri 05 Feb 2016, 22:57

"Wilkins is one of more than 76,000 injured veterans who have received a total of $2.8-billion in lump-sum payments since lifelong disability pensions were abolished in 2006"

“The minute the Liberals announced they’re going to return to the pensions, I basically asked people who were Liberals: ‘What do you have in mind?’ ” Sorochan said. “I don’t think they knew.”

O’Toole alleges the Liberals simply made a promise to win votes, and that they are now struggling with their promise.

“There’s fiscal realities to some of these things that have to be addressed,” he said. “And it’s irresponsible to get some veterans and some advocacy groups believing that there’s going to be some major, retroactively applying payment of some sort.”

Here is a link to article............

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/disabled-veterans-still-await-the-governments-plan

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4