Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Update: Form CF 1403 To Be Completed by Pensioners

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Important Update: Form CF 1403 To Be Completed by Pensioners Empty Re: Important Update: Form CF 1403 To Be Completed by Pensioners

Post by sullycanuck Wed 16 Mar 2016, 20:29

Thank you Trooper! It's now on its way!

sullycanuck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-03-16

Back to top Go down

Important Update: Form CF 1403 To Be Completed by Pensioners Empty Re: Important Update: Form CF 1403 To Be Completed by Pensioners

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 11:21

To answer sullycannuck's question the CF 1403 was sent out to all pension personnel who's file was not up to date having this form into their file , this regardless if they were on CPPD or not.
Bottom line if they already have it on file , they will not notify you.

With respect to the CPP/QPP Clawback at age 65 , all members receiving a CFSA annuity/CPP a couple of Months prior to their 65th birthday  will receive a letter from CF pensions notifying them of the CPP/QPP Clawback which will take effect on their 65th birthday.

All members who are receiving a CFSA annuity and start to collect CPP/QPP on their 60th,61,62,63,64 birthday will not be affected by the CPP/QPP Clawback until their 65th birthday.

All members receiving a CFSA annuity and qualify and or are receiving CPPD/QPPD will have their CF pension Clawed back the day in which your CPPD/QPPD starts.

Q5. What should I do if I start to receive a CPP/QPP disability benefit?
You should advise National Defence Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K2, attention: Canadian Forces Pension Services as soon as possible and provide them with a copy of the CPP form “1808 Notice of Entitlement” or QPP “Avis d'Acceptance”. Canadian Forces Pension Services is periodically provided with a list by the CPP/QPP authorities which advises them of all CFSA annuitants who have been awarded disability benefits. However, they often receive this advice several months after benefits have commenced. As the pension reduction is effective the date that disability benefits are awarded, the reduction must in such cases be applied retroactively. This often creates an overpayment of benefits which then must be recovered from the annuitant. It is therefore best to advise Canadian Forces Pension Services as soon as you receive the “Notice of Entitlement” or “Avis d'Acceptance”. These forms are included with the first CPP/QPP cheque.

http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/forces-pensions/faq-eng.html#a4

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Mar 2016, 09:41

Well, I am not getting CPP(D), and I haven't recieved any paperwork, of official notice that this needs to be filled out. The only paperwork I've had to fill out is the declaration of income for ELB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 06:34

Q4. What happens to my CFSA annuity when I attain age 65 or start receiving Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or Quebec Pension Plan (QPP)?
If you were released from the Canadian Forces after June 1, 1966, your CFSA annuity will be reduced. This reduction will automatically take place the month following your 65th birthday.

The only exception to this is if the annuitant is awarded a CPP or QPP disability benefit prior to age 65. In this case, the annuity will be reduced effective the same date that the CPP/QPP disability benefit commenced.

http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/forces-pensions/faq-eng.html#a4

Last edited by trooper on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 11:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sullycanuck Wed 16 Mar 2016, 01:54

I am quite confused. I am 63 and have been receiving my Forces pension since I retired in 1998 and additionally have been receiving CPP (no disability) since age 60. Is this only to be filled out if you are receiving disability, or, for any one of us that is receiving CPP of any kind?

sullycanuck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 23:36

hey little birdie was collecting CPPD long before release so had it done at time of release think they took about 350 a month so im good so to speak . thanks for the heads up though .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 21:05

Thanks wild thing. Good to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 20:45

Sparrow it was the cf 1403 not much to it. not collecting cpp so a must for me to fill out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 19:15

OK very good Sparrow..sounds to me like those that are receiving a CF pension an did not fill this release form are now being sent out the form to be filled.

Those that are already receiving CPP/CPPD/QPP an have this already deducted need not to fill this out.

Wild thing ...thanks for the heads up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 19:13

Hi wild thing, was it a CF 1403 or was it a different form? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 19:08

My paperwork came today already to be mailed back tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 19:05

LOL @ Nav.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 18:52

I know Harper had something to do with this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 18:52

Last edited by Sparrow on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 19:17; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 18:50

Thanks Sparrow..if they are changing policy in the way they deduct CPP ..they..the CF pensions have to officially notify each pensioner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next