Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pensioners Dental Services Plan: New Premium Rule

Go down

Pensioners Dental Services Plan: New Premium Rule Empty Re: Pensioners Dental Services Plan: New Premium Rule

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 02:03

I was on DVA. Dental and one day I was sent a new card. Less the dental code. Call was told I hadn't used it in a year so it was removed from. Does any one know if I can get it back. Called twice. If you do please let me know.  Thank You in advance.  
OceanSpirit..
Thank you if you have the answers so I can get it back.

Last edited by oceanspirit on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 02:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just added info)

Back to top Go down

Pensioners Dental Services Plan: New Premium Rule Empty Pensioners Dental Services Plan: New Premium Rule

Post by Teentitan Tue 08 Jun 2010, 21:56

I recieved in the mail yesterday a Communique about the new premiums that are coming into effect on 1 October 2010. At the bottom of the new table there was a note about Veterans so I called the Pension Office.

Apparently since April 2006 Veterans covered for dental by Veterans Affairs DO NOT HAVE TO PAY A MONTHLY PREMIUM FOR THEMSELVES WITH SUNLIFE!

In other words if you have just a spouse with no kids instead of paying a $31.96 monthly premium you only have to pay the $16.00 monthly premium for your spouse.

If you have a spouse and a child instead of $47.96 your premium will be $31.96.
A spouse and two children will be $47.96.

To see if you qualify call VAC 1-866-522-2122 and verify that you are covered for dental with VAC. Then call the Pension Office 1-800-267-0350 give them your K number and they will adjust your monthly premium.

If you have not been claiming your yearly premiums (PDSP, PSHCP) on your medical portion of your yearly federal taxes; while you have the Pension Office on the phone ask them for a statement of premium payments for the last 7 years and you can claim it on your 2010 federal tax return (under medical expenses).

Just thought I would pass this information on for those who did not know about this. Every penny counts with some of us vets!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down