Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Thoughts For Today

Go down

My Thoughts For Today Empty Re: My Thoughts For Today

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016, 18:08

ya I agree with most of that but for those that agree with the buyout well not many of them left now outside of politicians not many at all bud . yup a lot at first even military guys that were going to or may get it in the future . of cores after a few years NON of those military guys think this is a good idea .

and ya think the ABC was all about the offices ? well yup that's where it started but the buyout was I big factor in that as well . in old retirement communities not so much . in bigger centers where younger newly disabled vets might go even more so. around military bases it was by far the biggest part of it or in fact the only part of it .

around here it was the only thing it was about and eventually turned into libs are the only option. ya had a big army base with many units on it use to being deployed here there and everywhere constantly . this issue was HUGE . you had active military members and volunteering time and money . and pretty much an entire base AND the surrounding community voting in lock step because of one issue only THE BUYOUT .

it was actually kind of cool. nothing I have EVER seen before .

propat

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts For Today Empty My Thoughts For Today

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016, 16:37

I do believe we have a long.....long road ahead of us in getting back on track with respect to again having a fair system in place that benefits all Veterans across the board.

I say this because of how I personally.. as my own opinion see things today.

I truly believe that the start of the problem started with the implementation of the NVC .. I realize that many of you think the same way an many do not see it that way..I'm stating this because of what I have read going back 10 years.
Although I may see it as the main problem , but I would also say that it was the beginning of a variety of problems that steams from the NVC...which I believe was the start of the creation into the changes in attitudes towards how medically released Veterans are now treated when being medically released.
This I believe takes on a whole new approach , attitude , in the way we are now being treated an how changes are being made to accommodate those approaches an attitudes.

I have heard an read from those who are alright with the NVC ..this as long as they continue to improve it.
I have heard an read from those who don't like but simply because of one reason being the lump sum.
I have heard an read from those who don't like it altogether an would like to see it abolished.

As we all know the opinions on this varies on where one stands in this matter...so I will give you an example of how much these opinions do vary.
If we were to look at the ABC cause..this launched simply because they wanted those 9 offices closed ..re - opened..that was their mission an succeeded in both getting the Liberals elected or at least played a part ..an the now getting those 9 offices re - opened.
But to make a point here would that success in itself solve the main problem for all Veterans moving forward ?

Another point would be the increase in the ELB...sometimes within the next 4 years the released salary amount is suppose to be increased from 75% to 90%...again is this going to bring back fairness right across the board where we can once again say it's all  
good ?
The re - opening of offices an the raise in the ELB amount are both proactive moves an are welcomed moves but one move maybe better for some then the other...leaving again the difference in how one's opinion can differ from the other ...but leaves the lump sum Veterans not much further ahead or at least not par with others from the old act with similar disabilities.

Let's now go back an look at how things have changed an how those who in power to improve things view things in terms of medically released Veterans.
I think today's focus is based on getting those medically released service members back to work...we see it day in an day out...everything has now shifted away from allowing Veterans to obtain benefits for life as a first priority ...to now getting those who are medically released into Rehab , back to work..an use that outcome as a deciding factor into how much benefits they will continue to get.
And they are certainly all giving themselves a pat on the back...this shift only accomplishes one thing...that's to give the perception that they are showing respect to all Veterans in giving Veterans the opportunity to get back into the work force...this is a symbol of what they perceive to be priority ?
This perception is so strong that some Veterans themselves are on board with this...but I think what's missing here is the priority itself is really meant to take away lifelong security to the Veteran an also to take away the dignity of Veterans that all sign that waver to answer the call of war at anytime...all of a sudden the priority becomes let's get those people back to work so they don't get to collect a tax free pension for the rest of their lives ?
I don't know about anyone else but I sure as hell would not joined the forces ...sign the dotted line to answer the call for war..only to be put through this NVC nightmare...not a chance in hell.
They can keep themselves in their own little corners thinking that their best interest an respect is for all Veterans ...but I don't buy it for one minute.
Like I have said many times before ...I cannot for the life of me believe that not bringing back the tax free lifelong pension is going to solve anything looking ahead ...it my view failing to bring this back is only going to add more problems for the next government coming into power...the fight for this is only going to grow stronger...I do have to give them credit for one thing...they are very good at making things look good...but as time passes...it's going to get a lot harder to make things look good ..when there not.

With respect to Kent...he is a rookie an he needs to start taken command of his position...if he is just passing things down without knowing or understanding himself....what it really is that his passing down...he is going to leave it up to those individuals to come through which will not work as those individuals all have different views also ...he should be given us timelines...updates...real updates that makes sense...it looks like he is leaving all up to those individuals which is probably why he hasn't been able to give us more info on a wider angle of benefits.
It sure looks to me that he is listening to whatever is being said by those responsible for working on these changes an not so much Veterans themselves.

Anyway I don't expect anyone to agree with what I wrote here ...it's more of a personal rant ...not intended to hurt or disrespect anyone...simply my thoughts for today.

Back to top Go down