Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Canadian Legion / Topics & Posted Articles

+12
ColdWarVet1980
Dannypaj
Rifleman
BinRat
Sapper Zodiak
johnny211
Kramer
pinger
bigrex
Rags
Teentitan
birdgunner
16 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Royal Canadian Legion / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 17 Empty Re: Royal Canadian Legion / Topics & Posted Articles

Post by Teentitan Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:16

Rags I totally agree with you. But the rules of the CSAT are language and attacking a veterans character so that's why I had to edit.

CSAT does not need to turn into an open forum, (visited by many MP's, reporters, academics), where there is no control which turns CSAT into TMZ!

I appreciate it that everyone follows the rules but we are all human and slip up. Heck even I've slipped up but this is a 'respectful' veterans chat room.

To let everyone know I get many emails thanking the members who speak out. Or it's a place where they come and realize it's ok to talk about PTSD and admit you have it without being ridiculed. Or the email I love getting...

"I've almost built up the courage to register and speak about my problems."

That's an email everyone on the CSAT can pat themselves on the back receiving. You all open, share, and help each other and those visitors that drop by too. Keep up the good work people we are making a difference.

1-800-268-7708.

This phone number is vital at this time of the year. When you call they will help you immediately, find a councilor in your area and hand you over to that councilor. Or they direct you to go in the right direction to help someone you see is in crisis.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Royal Canadian Legion / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 17 Empty Re: Royal Canadian Legion / Topics & Posted Articles

Post by Rags Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:44

When your decisions caused the lives of your soldiers and you had a chance to save them as you observed there murder and you don't for fear of your own skin and you drive away to leave them to their fate, people must question why you are a Senator and why you claim to support and speak for soldiers who have suffered in combat. Even when given benefit of the doubt and you go to a meeting with the commander of the troops down the street that are murdering your soldiers and you don't do something!!!!!! and carry on with the meeting, you seriously compromise your ability to be taken seriously by those soldiers friends and the military community as a whole. In my view you lose the right to call yourself a veteran and speak for us.  
Rags

Teen - I do agree with you that for veterans and honorable soldiers we must hold our comments back if they challenge there character.....in this case he does not have that protection. But on second reflection I have edited out the harsh statements and inserted a more relaxed approach to my point about no one wants to hear from him.

Last edited by Rags on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 07:16; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Heavily edited out harsh approach and better crafted to reflect my point without calling a spade a spade.)

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:04

You can say it to each other via pm not on an open forum. He is a vet and that word was an attack on his character so I have edited it out.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Dec 2013, 07:41

wow every time I say that I get mean looks from civvies say my father (ex army) and others.

of corse when I praise MAC they liken his military actions to someone preparing for a political career.

is there that big a difference between reality and public perception ore is it just me???

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Dec 2013, 06:12

I like you Rags finally someone has it right but please note over paid Senator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 04 Dec 2013, 20:34

Guess Romeo crashed his car on parliament hill....blamed PTSD effects. He has PTSD bad no doubt...but its from guilt.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 16:46

sometimes being a fly on the wall is better than fly shit in your pepper lol, I wish I was Teen for a day damn some of this legendary conversation would be front and centre in the press just so everyone could see how stupid authority actually is, good one buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 02 Dec 2013, 15:36

Hey Robbie you only read about I actually met her. It was a "year of the veteran" meeting at my District Office. I asked her one question about the SISIP and she turned on me and said she does not respond to men like me who speak with a 'tone'.
Well that did not sit well with the WW2 vets. Especially the guy I joked around with about hoping around Normandy with his left leg over his shoulder for two days. He just out barked out "Hey all you are bringing to this table is the meat! Where's the damn potatoes?!"
She went straight into apologetic mode, spoke with great respect and admiration. Hoppy (the nickname I gave him) looked at me winked and said "Now answer that young fella's question".
The rest of the WW2 vets "hear, hear" and "yeah answer his question".
She was livid! She answered my question and I could actuall see her neck turning red.
As for Romeo he was ordered to "hold the Senate's hand" rifle them thru the NVC and get it passed.
He was at the great introduction of the NVC in Ottawa. The only thing missing from the dog and pony show was doves! The audience was made up of the following...
WW2, Korea vets.
Elsie Wayne (NB MP) had her cadets unit flown in from St. John.
And the CDS and his staff.
Right after Romeo did his Master of Ceremony routine he ran down the hall to the CBC setup and started talking about the Rawanda genecide! The reporter tried to get him to talk about the NVC but he didn't answer one damn question.
Two days later the CDS is in Edmonton giving the good luck speech to the troops heading to Afghanistan. Boy wouldn't it have been a better idea to introduce the NVC then??? NO let's do it with vets in the crowd who it does not apply to. Kids who got a free trip to Ottawa and staff of various MP's.
Funny thing about all this Romeo is now starting to say the NVC is not good for the vets. Especially the seriously injured ones. Great job walking it thru the Senate Romeo!!
That's my rant for the day. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 08:41

Albina Guarnieri, PC, MP is a former politician. She was a member of Paul Martin's Liberal government and was Canada's 24th Minister of Veterans, she wrote the New Veterans Charter. The Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act better known as the “New Veterans Charter,” was assented to on 13 May 2005 and came into force on 1 April 2006. The Charter sets out a new benefit plan for injured, disabled and deceased veterans and provides for professional physical rehabilitation for veterans and their families. It supersedes the previous plan, which was governed by the Pension Act the first version of which was passed in 1919.

Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire,OC CMM GOQ MSC CD is a Canadian senator, humanitarian, author and retired general.
“May 05 2005”
I am proud to be part of this historic and timely decision by our government in support of Canada's veterans. I believe the New Veterans Charter is essential for the morale of our Canadian Forces and I look forward to it being enacted.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 02 Dec 2013, 07:48

Rags, the NVC does have some good programs, to augment the PA pension, not replace it. The ELB program is better than SISIP for the simple reason that it can be approved at any time, not just within the first 2 years after the release.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 06:31

Oh yes the same Albina that declared 2005 as The Year of The Vet, don't tell me she was tagging Romeo because that would have been the only way he would have been convinced to screw us over, or he really is facked up in the head and should be in no position to speak or present anything pertinent to the HOC in regards to Veterans Charters or the NDA concerning disabilities, conflict of interest or what. Gotta love the Mafia I mean the Politicians in this HOOD I mean Country, feeling dyslectsic today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 25 Nov 2013, 16:29

Teen
 He was also Comd of senior legion in Ontario before that and on Ontario command. He had power back then. But I agree it was rammed through and it does spew loads of Vomit.
 Bigrex thats tweaking the current system just trash it go back to way it was 1998 and make SISIP work.
All good points and I hate to say it but Navs right to:) ....it is about the money.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 25 Nov 2013, 14:43

If they had only improved the PA, instead of replacing it, then most Veterans would be satisfied. This way we would still have the monthly pension, completely dismantle the restrictive SISIP policy and replace it with the ELB program (so every Veteran can becomes a VAC client, and not just if injured), and loosen the restrictions on EIA to fall in line with the new PIA guidelines, or replace it altogether.

This way, VAC controls all the support programs for disabled and non-disabled Veterans in Canada, and has appropriate levels of support, or tiers for each.

Tier 1 - Veteran (ELB)
Tier 2 - Veteran with severe disability (EELB)
Tier 3 - Veteran with service related disability (PA pension + ELB/EELB)
Tier 4 - Veteran with severe service related disability (PA pension + EELB + PIA)

After all, the department is called Veterans Affairs, not Disabled Veterans Affairs, so for Veterans not be be classified as VAC clients solely for the fact that they were never injured during their career, is shameful IMO.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:39

It's about money , it's always about money, and no GOC wants to spend it

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:12

Rags Moore was the the Dominion Command President in 2006.

All the vomit coming out of Fantino's mouth about 'consulting' with veteran orgs, veterans, MP's is what I said...vomit!

VAC talked to 6 veteran orgs one at a time. Each group was briefed about the NVC then ordered to sign a letter of confidentiality that they would not even share the info with their own members.

The Liberal VAC Minister Albino Guarnierri at the time dropped the purely bureaucratic creation called the NVC on the table on the flight to Normandy back in 05' for all the Politicians to read. That would have been the Bloc, PC and NDP. That was it for consultation with the politicians.

Then Paul Martin ordered Senator Romeo Dellaire to literally run it through the Senate.

It was passed on the floor of the HOC with not one single feckn' word of debate!

This was the single biggest con pulled by Ottawa bureaucrats in history. The aim was to reduce payments and increase rehab training. So every MP that sat in there seats and kept their yap's shut are to blame for the NVC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next