Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+18
peep
Wife of a Veteran
DeeCee
MaggieinNB
ceedee
RCN-Retired
beleaf67
sailor964
froggie2u36
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
pteadams2002
acerman1234
dennismanuge
K9
OldZipperhead
bigrex
Teentitan
22 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 21 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:36

Read the lines Propat is showing, especially! Objectors ie those of us who may write letters of Objection. Class members may wish to come forward to give their views, as to why the settlement should not be accepted. My reason may be, I felt left behind, in regards to the Negotiations, on Tax Neutrality, and express my views. The judge will hear this, and and other letters of objections and then, make his descision Yes or No. Thats how i Percieve it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:36

part 1

Assuming the case is an appropriate class action, the court must then consider the proposed
settlement. While the Acts do not specify the test for approval, courts have held that the court
must find that in all the circumstances the settlement is fair, reasonable and in the best interest of
those affected by it. The settlement must be in the best interests of the class as a whole, not any

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:32

why are you talking about something that you have not one clue about.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:30

the name of the paper.

Settling a Class Action
(or How to Wrestle an Octopus)

look it up.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:29

mfors its a settlement.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:29

i know plea bargains must be done before found guilty by judge.... but in a way they decided to do a plea bargain not to appeall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:28

again if the judge thinks the settlement praposal is in the best interest of the class he will approve.if he thinks its not he will not.its that simple.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:26

propat regarding your last, maybe that would only be for class actions that were appealed and not settled.... in a way this is a plea bargain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:23

your right on the money..... its basicly yes time ... all letters concerning QLSRP and taxes will mean not a thing..... those been argued and agreed during last 9 months and judge already aprouved them to move on to next issues in proposal...... letters regarding lawyer fees will mean something.. thats the only thing our letters will affect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:22

in a law paper written by ward branch.look him up.

Objectors
Class members may wish to come forward to give their views as to why the settlement should
not be accepted. The usual practice in Canada has been to make some provision for class
members to make such submissions, either in writing or at the time of the certification hearing. In
Dabbs, the court created a procedure for hearing these submissions. However, the Ontario
Court of Appeal made it clear that objectors do not gain the status of parties, with
accompanying appeal rights.47 Objectors should also know that costs awards may be made
against them where their submissions are “unfocused” or “unmeritorious.”48

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:14

mfors if I follow your logic, then actually this is not, a Yes or No decision, by the Judge. It's just Yes, and settle the Lawyers fees. and all our letter,s that we can write will mean nothing. other then the ones about legal fees.

Last edited by Call of Duty on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo and addition.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 19:09

wow you actually have no idea about how this works do you?oh well if you want to stay ignorant do so if not read some law books and papers.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 18:48

the only argument the judge is going to listen too is fee's , and he is going to hear that from us.... any other argument will not affect his decision about the lawsuit itself.... all arguments were already completed during last 9 months and judge already ruled on those arguments .. thats how it moved along from may 25, 2012 to feb14th... when december came along we were supposed to get finished at that time but lawyers argued they have found more potential class members and we need more time.... we dont get to argue whats inside settlement its self........ lawyer fees outside of settlement and we get to argue that.. nothing else... even if the judge received 7499 letters stating send it back and change ... not gonna happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 18:40

mofors the main reson for us to adress the judge is about the agreement.the judge really doesent care at this point the oppinion of the two negotiating parties ore the lead.hisconcern at this time is to get the oppinion of the entire class on the deal and then decide if the deal is fair for the class.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 18:16

go back to page 1 on this thread very first entry... thats whats going to happen... nothing to do with taxes or QLRSP or my dirty underwear.or stinky socks... just whats on page 1 first thread....
i do want to give compliment , very intelligent people been posting and i have learned alot.... i probably wrong about my argument but its something i will need prooven to me.... when its brought up in front of the judge, concerns about taxes and QLSRP ,deemed taxes and he forces back to negotiations before any fees set ... then you been bang on the whole time....... its just about yes or no on something thats been fined tuned last 9 months and formality YES because it would not be going in front of judge if they think send back to table........they negotiated so it would not happen... the only thing matters for us is fees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next