Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mentally ill still serving member , haven't done my taxes in about 6 years and in need of assistance.

+5
1993firebird
bigrex
Dannypaj
Teager
Jayse29
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mentally ill still serving member , haven't done my taxes in about 6 years and in need of assistance. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mentally ill still serving member , haven't done my taxes in about 6 years and in need of assistance.

Post by Jayse29 Sun 24 Apr 2016, 02:26

As a new member to this forum, I had expected flack for being a fracked up. I had so much fear even putting this post up, but I am now almost in tears to know that there are people out there who actually care about my situation. Thank you all so much for the compassion and direction.

Now that I know about this forum, I have found a new sense of comfort that I have not felt in a long time. I will post an update when I get things in motion. Thanks all for the overwhelming support.

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Mentally ill still serving member , haven't done my taxes in about 6 years and in need of assistance. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mentally ill still serving member , haven't done my taxes in about 6 years and in need of assistance.

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2016, 22:02

Jayse29 you are doing the right thing in addressing your taxes. I would agree that contacting an accountant is a good way to go if you don't feel able to do your taxes on your own using a program such as Turbo Tax. As well, you may want to look into and google   RC4288 Request for Taxpayer Relief - Cancel or Waive Penalties or Interest . I can't post the link as I am a new member but perhaps someone can post the link for me. Take care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2016, 21:31

First off I'm glad your getting yourself/life back on track , that is far more important then paying back , back taxes.

Focusing on your health and well being always is the number one priority.

Unfortunately there's no way around not paying your taxes , sooner or later you will need to address it.
They have programs for paying back dated taxes , different options that can be offered depending on each individuals circumstance.
If there's any penalty forgiveness or partial forgiveness you would need to check out the CRA's website for qualifying , or call them you need not give them your name , you can call just for the info , and give a circumstance.

That's where I would start and don't let this get you in a downwards spiral in terms of your health , your health is far more important and there's many others in worst positions then you are in , so get as much info you possibly can without revealing your Identity and take it from there.

If you need any further assistance come back on the Forum and we will help in any way we can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sat 23 Apr 2016, 19:42

In all honesty I would go to an accountant. Explain your situation to them. Chances are they may reduce any fees they charge. They can help the most and they work to try to get you a return if possible. I've been using an accountant and have been getting a decent return that far out weighs the flat fee I'm charged. If you say what Province your in someone may be able to recommend someone.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Mentally ill still serving member , haven't done my taxes in about 6 years and in need of assistance. - Page 3 Empty Mentally ill still serving member , haven't done my taxes in about 6 years and in need of assistance.

Post by Jayse29 Sat 23 Apr 2016, 19:10

Okay, so I am not sure how long it has been since I have last filed my income taxes, probably about 2010. I am sure I owe as I was on pat leave 2014, however, filing these took a backseat due to mental health issues (alcoholism, ptsd, adhd) and as such, taxes took a back seat. With the aid of a psychologist, therapist and all of that, I am finally getting my life back on track. Part of this mess is getting my taxes up to date. I am aware of the voluntary disclosure and I am thinking of taking this route, but I am at a loss. I am paranoid to contact the cra directly. Is there any programs out there who might be to assist me? I am terrified that I might have gotten myself into a terrible mess. I just want to get back on track.

*edit - my latest t4 states that I made around 80000 but the number is closer to 60000. I am assuming this is due to me not filing after pat leave.

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3