Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+24
Rags
Slaket
abetterway
Dannypaj
armybulldog
1993firebird
rucksack031
Kramer
Dove96
meteck
Sapper Zodiak
birdgunner
johnny211
2 Truck
BinRat
Rifleman
cosmo12
pinger
loggie
Teentitan
prawnstar
bigrex
Jeffery M
28 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

who do you want to win this election ?

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Vote_lcap100%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 19 ]
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Vote_lcap0%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Vote_lcap0%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Empty Digital Arsenal ....send an email to VAC or VRAB

Post by Kramer Thu 19 Mar 2015, 19:12

There is truth to Strength In Numbers..........for anyone interested in sending an email to VAC or the VRAB find the individual(s) full name and enter as follows:

first name "dot" last name @vac-acc.gc.ca    or

first name "dot" last name @vrab-tacra.gc.ca

Do not expect a reply......but they will receive.  I recommend diplomacy for credibility.

I have some contact names if anyone is interested.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 21:44

redfisher, I believe many have already received their T4A. You might want to call and check on it or I believe you can access your account and print off your T4A on My Service Canada Account.(1-800-622-6232)

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Empty Anyone recieve their CPPD T4 yet?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 21:22

I have yet to recieve my CPPD T4 has anyone recieved theirs yet? Oh, and I still did not get any Cola!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 15:23

The townhall was attended by 12 people. There was good conversations and a good breakdown of the new RISB.

I gave your questions to the Deputy Ombudsman, Sharon Squires, and she will go over them and send me the answers.

My impression of where the Ombudsman stands on the ELB clawback is he would like to see it but the WVA is a real problem. How far back do you go for the War Veterans Allowance? How many generations of estates need to be paid? So this is but a few problems so they are studying the situation but the WVA is a problem.

I encouraged either he or Sharon writes a blog about their opinion/stance. Hopefully they do.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Thu 12 Mar 2015, 10:36

Can anyone who attended the meeting last night let those of us who were unable to attend know what was passed on?
Thanks

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:40

can someone please ask the ombudsman if he supports the current class action lawsuit dealing with clawback of elb and wva and is....thanks...it would be nice to have a voice

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Empty Post Moved

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 18:18

Thanks Teen

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 09 Mar 2015, 17:08

I locked it down Nav as I was posting the info I received about the RSIB when I attended the press release today.

I wanted everyone to know the percentages and details before getting to wrapped up and going in the wrong direction. The details are in the Your Comments thread under RISB.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Mar 2015, 17:02

They will likely deduct OAS as well. The problem is, if they do, is that it will strictly be a deduction, and will not be used to calculate what your 70% amount will be, unlike the other benefits. And for those not getting CPP(D), there will 2 sources of income deducted from you after 65, that were not used to calculate your income before 65. And from what I understand, all those Veterans who have already reached 65 will be excluded from this benefit, unless they were already getting EELB, but had it cancelled when they turned 65. Either way, it once again focuses only on the most severely disabled, and does absolutely nothing for those less disabled Veterans. At this point, I do not see very many Veterans actually benefitting from this new program, but we will have to see what the fine print entails.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 16:43

Propat Why was this locked down?

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 30 Empty shout out to big rex

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 16:25

I noticed In your calculations you didn't deduct OAS .

"•Monthly payments would be calculated on a case-by-case basis, taking into account how much the Veteran was receiving before age 65 and other sources of income he or she may have beyond age 65."

what do you think this means and what effect will this have on the calculations you already presented before the topic in question got locked down.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Fri 06 Mar 2015, 21:38

Good-day to you all..

I have a question you can ask him, I sent a e-mail to the Minister of Veterans affairs a couple weeks ago asking him this question and Still waiting for their reply as it will be one of his lackies that answer's it, but we'll see what the response is, but if you can ask this question..

How is it that VAC/VRAB thinks we can get a fair case hearing, when each time you appeal, be it 1st lvl Appeal or 2nd level appeal in PEI that VRAB can change the
reason for denying the claim.
For example if your claim is denied for say medical information doesn't show it was caused by military service by the adjudicator.

So you get hold of a BPA and say I would like an appeal, you gather the information have your hearing and show the medical information and reports opinions
Only to get a letter stating now the reason is Oh it's was caused by post release driving.

So now you do a 2nd appeal, showing the 1st part, and the 2nd part per say, okay You say driving post release, fine, I drove truck in the Military for 10 year's prior to release, so if it was caused by post release driving, then the 10 year's of driving prior to release then also played a role in it.

to get an answer on your 2nd level appeal, and the decision states nothing of the 1st reason, has 0 reference to the part about driving as the 1st appeal decision was, instead now they use a Doctors report saying though he is a credible but he said seeing the information provided by the BPA, I imagine that this could of caused the problem bla bla bla, that the Doctor is now speculating, and therefore we again deny your Application for a disability award.

How can they keep changing the reason for the decision, we don't have unlimited appeals, but they seem to have unlimited reasons they can keep denying your claim for whatever reason they find fit.

How does this BS give us a fair hearing if they can keep changing the reason each time.

And a 2nd or 1st whichever one you decide to ask would be this one..
Why is there not any assistance to Us for people who have to Appeal the ending / cancellation of ELB. Why are we left alone with no assistance to go against this Appeal Board at both 1st and 2nd level.
I think I can't find it right of hand, 1 said on 1st lvl a team of us looked over your claim and for reason(s) stated this is why we are denying your continuation of ELB
and it is signed by 1 person, Umm is this a team/board 1 person who looks at these. or a board, 1,2,3,4 people who review it?
Why does only 1 person sign the letter of denial, cause on the 2nd appeal are they the same people who reviewed the 1st appeal, and go Oh dam, we denied this person last time, and we said no, denied.. so who is or are the one's doing these reviews,
How is this review board/team made up, and do they do both 1st and 2nd level together, and why don't we get any assistance, heck going at it alone we don't know what information is being sent to them from VAC that is used against us in this appeal, so how can we appeal or argue rebut information we don't even know whats being used against us.

Thanks Kindly....

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:47

well im sure he will not answer this directly but probably give a political response but id like to here it anyway .

you asked so here it goes .

sir are all disabled vets on PA ore NVC allowed to collect ELB , PIA , ITS SUPLEMENT and various other programs like rehab and such. � � �

short answer; yes

now given that fact is the buyout by far the largest discrepancy in financial support between the PA and NVC.

answer; well BS BS BS and BS YADA BS YADA YADA YADA .

since replacing the buyout with an NVC monthly pension equal to the PA pension is the only real way I see to have all vets treated equal even the afghan vets we seem to have thrown under the buss �would you support such a move .

answer; well yada yada political BS yada yada yada.

since you are not able to commit to such a move and given the fact that the NVC buyout is worth roughly 9.25 years that the PA pension is worth for a single soldier not counting for COLA . also given the fact that most disabled vets get additional support for their families under the PA but not the NVC bringing the value of the NVC buyout to approximately 5 of the PA monthly pension. what action would you propose to have ALL disabled vets treated equally.

answer ; guess we will just have to wait and see but im sure it will both make me laugh and then sad then disgusted. he will challenge the info the math and whatnot �( hope in wrong)but I cant wait to here the answer.

remember you asked lol

propat

Last edited by propat on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 09:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:42

well im sure he will not answer this directly but probably give a political response but id like to here it anyway .

you asked so here it goes .

sir are disabled vets under the PA allowed to collect ELB , PIA , ITS SUPLEMENT and various other programs like rehab and such contained in the NVC..      

short answer; yes

now given that fact is the buyout by far the largest discrepancy in financial support between the PA and NVC.

answer; well BS BS BS and BS YADA BS YADA YADA YADA .

since replacing the buyout with an NVC monthly pension equal to the PA pension is the only real way I see to have all vets treated equal even the afghan vets we seem to have thrown under the buss  would you support such a move .

answer; well yada yada political BS yada yada yada.

since you are not able to commit to such a move and given the fact that the NVC buyout is worth roughly 9.25 years that the PA pension is worth for a single soldier not counting for COLA . also given the fact that most disabled vets get additional support for their families under the PA but not the NVC bringing the value of the NVC buyout to approximately 5 of the PA monthly pension. what action would you propose to have ALL disabled vets treated equally.

answer ; guess we will just have to wait and see but im sure it will both make me laugh and then sad then disgusted. he will challenge the info the math and whatnot  ( hope in wrong)but I cant wait to here the answer.

remember you asked lol

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:24

although I hope to attend if not ide love to know the reasons why low ranking vets don't qualify for the 71000 now available for some on elb for re-training. I got a 2 year college diploma from Georgian in social service work,,which by the way combined with a year in placement doing front line social work gets me .................nothing.....im 2 years short of a BA that would allow me to actually work with veterans groups threw veterans affairs itself..hows that for ironic. I was denied.. I appealed..i lost....so for 250000 dollars the elb program has created yet another vet without the proper education to re-enter the workforce without applying for welfare as well...ask him that if im not there. and ask him why their office OFFICIALLY SIDED WITH THE VA when denying our elb clawback money..would have helped to have had their backing last year..when they bailed by the way...

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next