Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alberta Fires Emergency Appeal - Canadian Red Cross Donations

Go down

Alberta Fires Emergency Appeal - Canadian Red Cross Donations Empty Re: Alberta Fires Emergency Appeal - Canadian Red Cross Donations

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 21:33

my favorite is the salvation army . grew up in a coal town and everyone heated their houses with coal. fires well not uncommon. they were always there . sometimes before the fire department . they did a lot more as well ill always remember that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Alberta Fires Emergency Appeal - Canadian Red Cross Donations Empty Re: Alberta Fires Emergency Appeal - Canadian Red Cross Donations

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 20:55

A google search of Red Cross's financial expenditures generates numerous independent reports and audits that indicate that the Red Cross is in accordance with Canadian accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations. I think we have to be careful when posting not to make assertions that may not be founded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 20:27

When I heard about the Legion sending some members on luxury retreats , and when ask to reveal details about its executives’ salaries and travel , refused ?
That right there has discussed me.

If they have nothing to hide they should have no problems revealing details about its executives’ salaries and travel ?

The government needs to step in and submit a legislation of disclosure to the Legion and even charity support groups , just because they provide help does not mean the full extent of the donations are being spent in a regulated fair manner.

With respect to the Red cross , I know first hand that they provide excellent service and most have to leave behind their families and jobs to help others.
But again without having full disclosure of the funds spent , it's hard to say rather all funds get used for 100% of the service they provide.
Again , the government should ensure that the funds are not used for 5 star hotels an so forth , if that is indeed the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2016, 20:15

Rags, I don't know if your post is an accurate account historically of Red Cross's expenditure practices or not however I am grateful for the 25,000 Red Cross volunteers within the charity and for the Red Cross coming to the aid of Albertan's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 08 May 2016, 19:54

Id love to donate feeling good about it....had to bite my lip and donate through Red Cross...which is biggest waster of money on the planet. Any other charity does a better job of expending funds then RC. They stay in 5 star hotels drive the finest of company bought cars and get paid ridiculous amounts of money plus huge daily allowances for work outside office. In this case it appears it is our only choice but in the future if you ever can donate to the UNICEF over Red Cross do it.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down