Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need mortgage to buy a home in Alberta

5 posters

Go down

Need mortgage to buy a home in Alberta Empty Re: Need mortgage to buy a home in Alberta

Post by propat Tue 15 May 2018, 08:15

hey buds ratehub is in my opinion the best reference source for mortgage rates . it gives you a great idea of whats out there for the " posted " rates .

https://www.ratehub.ca/current-mortgage-rates-alberta

try the link

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Need mortgage to buy a home in Alberta Empty Re: Need mortgage to buy a home in Alberta

Post by Rustytheviking Mon 14 May 2018, 18:53

20 percent or more down payment helps a lot. You avoid having to get the extra insurance which can scare off lenders sometimes. And if you can do more than you’ll have a lower monthly payment! Good luck in your house hunting adventures!

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 10 May 2018, 03:15

I use a broker for insurance and mortgage! 
Brokers usually have 50 mortgage companies to compare and get you the best price! They take care of most paperwork! It's stressfree way of doing things! Before dealing with any Brokerage, I would suggest calling the Better Business Bureau to get their rating before conducting any business with them. These people will have access to all your personal info. They require SIN Card number, address, birthdate etc! So be sure they are legit! Identity theft can destroy your life! So be vigilant. 
Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Tue 08 May 2018, 06:29

Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Need mortgage to buy a home in Alberta Empty Need mortgage to buy a home in Alberta

Post by Clyde01 Tue 08 May 2018, 05:52

Hi,

I'm Clyde form, Alberta. I have been in Joint Task Force North for the last three years and I'm an Army man since 2005.

Now, I'm planning to get settle my family in my hometown. I have a big family with my parents, wife, children and my aunt. They are currently living in our condo in Toronto. We would like to sell that condo and buy a home in Alberta.

The money we get from the condo won't be enough to buy the home in my dream. The market is set to level off in Toronto now. So, I believe a mortgage could help me here. As we will be able to give a large amount as the down payment, I hope it would be easy for me to get qualified for a mortgage.

I'm in search of the best rate and would like to know more about the formalities to get a pre-approval. I have noticed a mortgage broker in Alberta telling, they provide the lowest rate mortgage. But, I don't have any experience with them. So, need your help to make a final decision. Thanks in advance!

Clyde01
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down