Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Without clearly defined outcomes, analysis is impossible.

Go down

Without clearly defined outcomes, analysis is impossible. Empty Without clearly defined outcomes, analysis is impossible.

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2016, 13:12

Ottawa, ON – May 19, 2016

Last week, I had the opportunity to present to 90 Veterans stakeholder groups’ representatives at the Minister’s Summit in Ottawa. I spoke to them about the unique opportunity before us to re-think the outcomes we want to achieve for Veterans and to design and deliver benefits that can achieve those outcomes.

There were a number of break-out discussions at the Summit on topics such as medical marijuana, life-long pensions, and service delivery. Regardless of the issue, however, a focus on outcomes and a clear understanding of what we hope to achieve is needed to shape a better tomorrow for our Veterans.

I spoke to stakeholders about the current challenges facing Veterans – about complex and fragmented benefits, and about service delivery that is program-centric as opposed to Veteran-centric. I also shared my vision of what tomorrow could look like – where decisions are clear and timely, benefits are simple and meet the needs of the Veteran, and where a single point of contact helps to navigate Veterans through the system.

Once we know where we want to go, it will be easier to chart a path to get there. Take a look at my presentation.

Presentation: http://ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng/transparency/presentations/veterans-outcomes-shaping-tomorrow

Guy Parent
Veterans Ombudsman

Back to top Go down