Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Period Alupa Clarke , Cathy Wagantall , Erin O'Toole Tackle Kent Hehr

+4
bigrex
johnny211
Dannypaj
Rifleman
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Question Period Alupa Clarke , Cathy Wagantall , Erin O'Toole Tackle Kent Hehr - Page 3 Empty Re: Question Period Alupa Clarke , Cathy Wagantall , Erin O'Toole Tackle Kent Hehr

Post by Teentitan Tue 28 Jun 2016, 14:47

Well the real MP doing the majority of the work and getting on top of issues in Karen McCrimmon.

She, IMO, is the only choice. Right now vets want a veteran in that position. The Afghanistan vet numbers are big. The screw ups in releases. The matter of security. And most importantly she will connect with the vets.

Until vet issues are cleaned up we don't need a civie in the position and I couldn't give a fiddler's fadoo if they are the greatest lawyer or communicator in Canada....civie's do not connect with vets. Want proof? The Legion!

The worst vet JT could replace Hehr with? Leslie. He's gone from call me Andy to you will call me General. Not to mention the army vets will have a hard time dealing with him after the way he left the military.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Question Period Alupa Clarke , Cathy Wagantall , Erin O'Toole Tackle Kent Hehr - Page 3 Empty Re: Question Period Alupa Clarke , Cathy Wagantall , Erin O'Toole Tackle Kent Hehr

Post by bigrex Tue 28 Jun 2016, 14:33

Don't forget, even if he gets shuffled out of VAC, he is still the deputy minister for DND, so he doesn't necessarily lose a position in cabinet.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2016, 14:31

well its all money and votes buds that will be what keeps JT in his job . sooo I'm guessing when the political strategists and I'm guessing Gerald butts in particular say its time to cut the rope .

the MVA post is a funny thing because the main political focal point is disabled vets a relatively small demographic when it comes to votes and doing the right or wrong thing for them only has a small impact on political contribution's one way or another .

so he could pretty much frack that up every day of the week and twice on Sundays Calgary center probably aint going to be voting on DVA issues anyway having a post is important and if he was competent one that could have a positive effect on Calgary centre or Alberta would be a bonus but even as incompetent as he seems a post that doesn't negatively effect the majority of voters of Calgary centre would do.

however this will come down to the national vote concerns outweighing that one riding in a close election we do matter and in that case he would have to be gone from that particular post at least a year from the election . but I still think they would find him something quieter he could handle even if they hade to create a new post . of course if at that point if Gerald thinks that seat is not saveable no matter what they do he may end up with nothing . at that point I'm positive they would give a post to Edmonton center to sure it up.

either way JT ore Gerald will not see that point till a year before the next election . so Alberta will have at least two posts for its four MP,s till the next election and hehr will have a post of some sort up till at least a year before the next election .

as for the MVA post ya he aint goona have that one long in my opinion to many negatives nationally especially after the impact the vet vote had on the last election .

hey teen any ideas in poll choices for a poll on his exit from the post? or ya think my choises would suffice for now ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 28 Jun 2016, 13:33

Yes I agree propat but at what point does JT look at Liberal seats in Alberta being more important then one of his cabinet members totalling fornicating the canine in his job?

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2016, 13:19

I see what you are saying teen but that is precisely why they need him to have a cabinet post . historically cabinet members have a better re-election record than backbenchers . the guy already has a slim chance at re-election as things stand now without a cabinet post he has no chance I mean its not like he won the last time by a landslide or anything .

when you look at other liberal MP,s in that province in highly populated areas like this that the libs want to target .... well for starters ya couldn't fill a bathroom stall with them but besides that they all have similar negatives , issues and problems .

as much as its possible that maybe the libs are telling the truth and this is not politics as usual and his appointment had nothing to do with political concerns sure its possible .

the thing is I don't believe it could be wrong but the second I seen him win I knew for a fact he was getting a post ( never thought he would get that one mind you )even though on the outside looking in thinking political concerns shouldn't be a factor he would be near the bottom of the list for any post .

so I'm thinking it is still politics as usual with a different mask that's it that's all .

as bad as things look for libs in Alberta right now I'm sure yakking away cabinet posts from them aint goona help at all .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:51

Correct me if I'm wrong here but Harper has left politics and will be working for a private company in the fall.

So if anything JT will have to get Hehr out of cabinet because it wouldn't be much of a chance for a Liberal candidate in a byelection after Hehr's lie about backing oil pipe lines then voting no. Not to mention the NDP nominee will be struggling as the provincial NDP are just butchering the province.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 28 Jun 2016, 09:34

I think if and when he will be replaced will be dependent on one thing. That being the pending decision on the Equitas lawsuit. If the GOC appeal fails, I think JT will choose a new MVA to keep veterans calm until they implement the new pensions, one that isn't a lawyer. Hehr was a failed experiment, because even though he is disabled, he didn't sacrifice his health for his country. He has no clue what it means to willingly put himself in harms way for people he's never even met. So therefor, I don't think Veterans ever really respected him, or his disability, when it came to his handling of our file.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2016, 07:27

hmm could be interesting pinger . I'm still not sure he will get the axe but if it happens sooner rather than latter would be best before they get heavy into the next years budget work .

good point about the return and cabinet shuffle as well . yup they can axe him at any time but it slipped my mind that he is the LIBERAL MP for CALGARY CENTRE yup ill say it again just in case you think I fracked that up he is the LIBERAL MP for CALGARY CENTRE . ya I know the libs say they are doing things different not politics as usual and all that yada yada yada .

ill be fracked if well lets just say I think it would be a cold day in hell any liberal MP from Calgary centre ISNT holding a cabinet position .

so ya you would need a shuffle even a small one to allow for this and it wouldn't make sense for them to do that during a break save for the very first or last of it say a few days .

polling choices are limited buds not exactly sure of choice selection .

say

1. on or before sept 19th .

2. sept 20 th till april 1st 2017 .

3. 2017 fiscal year .

4. 2018 fiscal year .

ya kind of loose any ideas for better selections ????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 27 Jun 2016, 19:45

Tx for that link Trooper.

September 15 teen? I'm just mindful of when GoC comes back from break.
Moreover, cabinet shuffles to say the very least. Karen McCrimmon, very interesting.

Now I'm thinking of the political endurance (puppet guts vs. integrity) the MVA position requires.

Saw Kent Hehr going south quite a while back. But with all due respect including the GoC, may I suggest a penny pool on his departure date?

Didn't you have a poll a while back for something propat?  I think it would be frackin dandy.
The spread could be month's, weeks or days...

I'm in at Mmmm... mid November (I know...It's late).  But I call...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Mon 27 Jun 2016, 16:16

well not sure who is calling for more meetings judging by this quote "   The crew at the top will know with much egg on their face wait us out and go to great lengths to again confuse the issues with steak holder meetings and bovine excrement in hope that this too shall pass and back to business as usual."

it aint doug and it sure the frack aint me .

righting letters that does in fact work the more the better ya see each one is a vote . and all these guys care about is money and votes .

EVERY SINGLE VET righting WILL make a difference this I know because you are all votes . every time someone tells don't bother righting , voting or voicing your opinion because you aint gonna change anything . well boys that's the time to double down because chances are they are saying that because people are feeling the pressure and just want you and yours to shut the frack up .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2016, 15:53

Pinger Banished Veterans Facebook: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/groups/1451658385158523/

The only way in my opinion the PM will move or relieve our MVA from his position is if public protest increase to a point where the PM will have no other choice.

As it stands now our MVA has worked on 6 out of the 15 promises from his mandate letter.
Come this Oct when many NCM's who were released prior to the pay increases see their 5% or less the shyte is going to hit the fan, but guess what, it will be too late to change it then and in the PM's eyes he will just see it as a promise completed.
The politicians get's away again.
Come next April when those retro cheques start to arrive and Veterans see a flat rate of $11000 for a past 25% award, again Veterans will not be overly excited about this, but again in the PM's eyes he will see it as another promise completed.
That's all our MVA needs to do, he just needs to continue saying that he has the best interest for all Veterans and their families front and center. You can continue to write all the letters you want, you can continue to hold stakeholder meetings, but at the end of the day, what exactly did you accomplish? You see accomplishing something means more than words, in order to accomplish something, you need action, action of the requested dialogue/interchange. If one feels that they have accomplished something by being promised something their fooling themselves, the promise needs to be fulfill to the peoples request.

Today one just has to look at our MVS's facebook and see that he is comfortable with himself, his staff, as long as he continues to do and say what he does, he will continue in that position, he knows this, it's a political game that Veterans need to adjust to, the writing of letters and the meetings has not worked, we need to change our tactics.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2016, 15:34

teen a big yupper on that . IF it happens that is I'm 50-50 on that . but ya the date and especially the replacement had her pegged for the job prior to the initial selection .

WTF 2 times a charm lol .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2016, 15:28

you are right pinger and when he says "The hell with politics and organizations that bastardize our message of frustration and despair" he aint talkin about committees or steak holder meetings or anything we have every done before AT ALL. he wants what I want ACTUAL VETERANS THEMSELVES righting their MP, protesting and speaking out to the press and to hell with the orgs and their stakeholder meetings because I'm telling ya their would probably some stuff coming out of these freaks mouths that would never pass through ANY of our lips kinda got one specific org in my head on that but I'm sure others as well . and he want us all doing this EACH AND EVERY vet .

have never seen that before and not likely to but it would be nice to see and I cant think of a better time .

getter done .

propat

Last edited by propat on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 15:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jun 2016, 15:00

Pinger my prop bet is Hehr doesn't see Sept 15 as MVA.....anddddd McCrimmon is his replacement.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 27 Jun 2016, 14:07

Good post from Banished Veterans (?) Danny. If that's the site where is it, lemme know.
Tried to find it but found some sort of USA version instead.

Anyway jmo, but a pen and a letter can still be very effective Trooper. Just call it ONE tool in the... "toolbox".
Take a letter of petition with thousand of names (including opposition politicians and the who's of who).
Mail it to the powers that be, AND THEN... YOU C.C. IT TO EVERY MEDIA OUTLET IN THE COUNTRY.
Or even outside, which reminds me of that Norwegian politician.

Something else I'm extremely curious about though. WHO ultimately reversed Petter Blindheim's
denial? Who put the hammer down?

Now it's still June. But... I feel our MVA will be gone before years end next Feb. tops.
Hell I was 3 days out on fantino. Eureka! I just found my new career transition... a Bookie lol!
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next