Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH

+4
Nemo
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH Empty Re: MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH

Post by Dannypaj Fri 20 May 2016, 06:14

We stand strong as one.
Enough is enough!
Dummies! you cannot govern a nation without the support of your military!
Mr. MVA referred back to the Roman times and that Rome was not built in a Day!
Well, he surely demoralized his troops in a day.
Good start PMO.
Maybe, the whole democratic system has to be changed and overhauled.
Put real men at the HELM, not little boys and girls whom never served in the CAF in power (and yes I am refereeing to any politicians sitting in parliaments).
What a Shit show!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 19 May 2016, 23:41

Thanks for posting those comments Trooper, it's music to my ears.

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH Empty More Facebook Backlash May 19, 2016

Post by Guest Thu 19 May 2016, 15:43

"Comments"

As a veteran of Bosnia I am not impressed with the dishonor in the government. The Liberals are showing the same colours as the Conservatives. We are not cased off equipment. The government can vote in a pay raise for themselves when we have veterans, who actually fought for you to have that job, on the streets and struggling. Keep your promise.

Take care of the Canadian Veterans like Aaron Bedard. You have the ability to reinstate Disability Pensions. You increased mine for my back and left wrist. Do the same for these young Veterans. Don't hide behind lawyers, step up or resign for not doing what you said you would do. Liberal agenda hit women MP and hit Veterans. Your days are numbered along with Mr. TRUDEAU AND HIS TEMPER.

As a veteran, I am appalled that you would let the Equitas file be brought before the courts with the same Lawyer that VAC replaced. To think that the lead plaintiffs in the case took faith in your government to do right and had it removed from the court calendar as ann act of good faith. Now you let the Justice Department go ahead and try to have this quashed, rather than standing up for what you and Mr Trudeau said you would do. I am ashamed at this tactic as I felt that your govenrnent would stand by your word, this is just the old Liberal Party ways of lying to Canadians to get a vote. Veterans may have trusted you before, it will take a lot of work if you think you will ever get their support after this move. I hope that as a person who lives a free life because of sacrifices made by those in uniform you feel good about yourself. Your word is now no better that the lies told to us by the previous government.

Mr. Minister as you are well aware by now the six plaintiffs in the EQUITAS case do not stand-alone. Despite promises and with an obvious disregard for the mental health and wellbeing of the plaintiffs and those other veterans directly affected your government is shamelessly taking this case back to court. Can you honestly think these actions are not detrimental to so many people? As proud as you are for the work that you have done so far, which in itself is commendable, you are immediately ostracizing yourself, your ministry and the government with this case returning to court. The government has taken three steps forward and a dozen backwards. As history has clearly demonstrated, so much good can be over shadowed so quickly. The damage being caused by this class action lawsuit is very real and affects more than just the plaintiffs of the case. The governments obvious non-committal drives uncertainty and creates undo stress amongst those veterans trapped in a system. It is blatantly obvious that the lump sum awards do not benefit the veteran; they merely serve as a cost saving function for VA. While I should not be surprised of the turn of events, I am appalled to see this is happening. I certainly had initial doubts hearing campaign speeches in August 2015 where the now PM promised the reinstatement of lifelong pensions and value increases commensurate to the obligation made by those injured in the line of duty. Then after the release of the mandate letter, I actually started to believe maybe I was wrong, perhaps he truly cares and will make a difference. The Prime Minister stated that “no veteran will be forced to fight their own government for the support and compensation they have earned” and he committed to ending the cases before the courts. You are betraying the very people who entrusted you. I beg you please end this debacle before it creates serious damage to your ministry, the government and the veteran community.

The way I look at it: We as veterans gave the government of Canada a blank cheque when we enlisted. The government could send us out into harms way, that cheque could be cashed at anytime and the full amount cashed could cost us our lives. We stood tall and we stood proud, because we believed the Canadian people and the government had our backs. At election time we were promised that the life long pension would be reinstated. It is time for this government to either keep its word or step down. It is time for you to lead our cause or step aside. In this fight you should not be facing us, giving excuses and story's, you should be screaming mad, facing your own party and holding them accountable for the el cation promises made

Sir. Can you please explain why you are taking injured veterans back to court? I am extremely saddened about this as a injured veteran. Thank you for taking the time to comment on this.

You and the liberal government as a whole should be ashamed. The word liars comes to mind.

I guess your children can take care of the next conflict

What about the bring back the life long pension promise?

Veterans stand together

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/timeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 20:46

On MVA Hehr's facebook page he is getting hammered loudly with the indignation that Veteran's feel.

Back to top Go down

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH Empty Kent Hehr Facebook May 18 , 2016

Post by Guest Wed 18 May 2016, 18:27

Today I had the pleasure of answering multiple questions in QP about the state of our mandate letter and the good work we are doing on behalf of veterans. Here's one question from my colleague from across the aisle.
---
Hon. Kent Hehr (Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, Lib.): Mr. Speaker, I am uncertain if my critic has been paying attention to what this government has done. Therefore, I will remind him.
In budget 2016, we delivered significantly for veterans and their families. We delivered on extending the earnings loss benefit from 75% to 90% of pre-release salary.
We expanded the career impact allowance. We retroactively paid the disability award. We are opening the nine offices that his government closed, and restoring staff to the front lines. We are doing things better. The member should applaud us for what we are doing.

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/videos/970111366430275/

Facebook members comment ;

What retro disability award? Top up of prior awards or what? I haven't seen any more money... When are the offices opening? I've not heard of dates. It's the BIG thing we're looking for - pension again, like was promised. You didn't answer the question - does the Minister of Veteran's Affairs no longer believe that the government has a sacred obligation to veterans? Yes. Or no?

So the gov doesn't believe it has a sacred obligation? Sorry, you didn't answer the question..Talking in circles, as per normal.. This reinforces my decision to surrender my medals to the RCMP as my email explained a year ago, to the past minister... When the gov starts treating us as veterans, maybe I might feel like one.. I was already fired for doing my job in service to this country...

Kent Hehr, you didn't answer the question. You are not taking responsibility for your words or actions, and are side-stepping the issues and questions raised by us vets. Give up the smoke and mirrors; it's no different than your predecessor.

Do you believe that answer is appropriate for veterans? Perhaps in QP where everyone answers questions with adversarial flippancy this is normal, but you did not answer the question. You side stepped, you did not even acknowledge the Equitas court issue. If it was an Equitas veteran standing in front of you asking the same question, what would you say? I'm still waiting for a real answer.

I think it would be wise of VAC to send Veterans who receive ELB, PIA a letter to confirm they will continue to to receive their payments. Ideally this letter would include the new amount. Additionally for lump sum recepients they should also receive a confirmation letter with the anticipated payment amount. I think these letters would relieve a lot of stress for Veterans who are or have receive these payments. And allow them to do some budgeting especially if they receive lump sum retro. Retro would certainly improve the lives of our severely disabled comrades.

Yes you have done some great things so far, but I'm not sure why you did not answer the question or address the broken promise to bring back life-long pensions?

Minister Hehr, first and foremost I'm a Veteran have served from 1974 to 2010, 35.9 years of service to our country. I follow you on FB and on various government websites, however not being a Liberal I advocate for veterans. Why is it that politicians never answer the questioned asked? The following is what I say when folks are quick to criticize you and the government on veterans issues.

Like I say to all who have indicated about not having the lifetime pension yet and want to scrap the NVC. First read the Pension Act as it relates to veterans pension, then read the NVC. What you will find is that under the Pension Act veterans got a disability pension for their disability, nothing else. The NVC provides for disability, pain, suffering, and rehabilitation. Also the government has been in power how long? It's my opinion that a combination of the Pension Act of the past and the benefits of the NVC will best serve our fellow Veterans, it's just going to take time. The meeting today was to discuss the current budget 2016 as it relates to Veterans, they have these meeting before the budget is passed in parliament, it's standard operating procedures.

Good work? Really? You Mr Minister are delusional...ask any veteran how you're doing. Betrayed by this Liberal government. ....

Mr Minister, you still have not followed through on the campaign promises regarding restoring lifelong pensions.

"For 10 years, Stephen Harper has been nickle-and-diming our veterans, lacking the respect and the support that Canadians have earned through service to country and that's something that we have to fix as a priority," Trudeau told supporters in the southern Ontario riding Bay of Quinte, which is home to CFB Trenton.

"This is about doing right by people who have offered everything in service of our country."

Conservative/Liberals. Same liars different party names. Disgusting.

http://www.cbc.ca/.../kent-hehr-veterans-court-benefits-1..

Not to mention the PM's promise not to fight veterans in court

What about Aaron Bedard. Why don't you help him?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CTVM.../status/733018988410744832

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/timeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2016, 18:07

One way you could fix that Bigrex is to disable PM's for that user or if the board version does not support disabling PM's then you could use the lo-tech approach and just simply fill up their PM box. That way everything would be out in the open for questions and could be moderated as you folks see fit.

I think the benefits would far outweigh the hassles associated with such an addition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 12:06

I fully agree bigrex .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 22 Apr 2016, 12:00

It would be nice if we could have a VAC representative posting on the forums, on behalf of the Minister, but I highly doubt that will ever happen. If they did have someone, they would undoubtedly be inundated with questions and comments, both positive and negative. And while we could moderate the open forums, we would not be able to control what was said in PM's to that member. So the best thing we can do, as CSAT members, knowing that the forums are being read by VAC staff, is to not just to complain about the benefits, but keep trying to find constructive ideas on how to improve them, and hope that there is some take away from it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 22 Apr 2016, 11:37

Ditto to Howie's comment!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2016, 15:43

I would strongly advocate on having an area of the forums to discuss the issues, and ideas on how to solve those issues. It would have to be heavily moderated I would suspect, as the issues that will be discussed would be ones that people take personally and inflammatory comments would be in abundance.

Part of the reason I registered here is because of the collusion of ideas and support from the veteran's community here. For a new veteran or one seeking advice and information, this forum is a gold mine of like minded people that will help each other.

For an expanded information role, the Minister would be daft to ignore it and should actually go as far as appointing a veteran to be his voice on the boards if and when that area is created.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:41

I'm all for extending CSAT in a more broader approach in having our voices and concerns heard.

As it stands now we do have some influence just as being CSAT in terms of our views being seen publicly.

There's no doubt that CSAT is being looked at from the outside , and it is certainly without a doubt the place to go if you want to hear from Veterans outside of the 6 groups Identified as being part of our Ministers , ministerial advisory groups.
Our Minister is taken it one step further with respect to these 6 groups , he is going to create a space and forum for stakeholders to give him their advice and suggestions.
So Forums are proactive , public Forums are also proactive in getting points across to our Minister.
As it stands now CSAT is starting to get recognized from the outside which is putting CSAT in a much better position to relay our concerns to the outside , which only helps us all in our objectives of helping all Veterans.

What I'm getting from the members is mix reactions to weather it's a good Idea to broaden our approach in this manner.
The position I and Rex are in is that we need to find the right balance that suits the members of the Forum.
If most of the members are not on board , I will not broaden our scope to include this type of Forum advocating as the support for such advocating will not be there , which would be counterproductive , and only cause our Forum to be in a conflict which I don't want to see.

What I can say is this , weather we choose to broaden our scope , or remain the status quo , very little attention will be given to what we are all saying if the Forum is in a chaos state , or no real solid solutions are being discussed.

It really comes down to having a particular area of the Forum which would be dedicated to solely providing our inputs on where we think our Minister should be concentrating on our file.
Again , yelling and screaming will not get us anywhere , if we want to be heard we need to control our anger somewhat.
We would have the rest of the Forum to voice our anger.
This is one option.

The other option would be to create our own CSAT committee outside of the Forum.
This is not my preferred option , but like I said if the majority of the Forum members don't feel comfortable with the other option it may just be the only option.

When someone from the outside approaches me with interest in hearing the opinions of the CSAT members I have to with Rex decide on weather to accept it , or reject it based on what we think is of value.

So I'm still undecided as to which way I will be approaching this in the future , more thought has to be put into this by myself and Rex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 21 Apr 2016, 08:56

CSAT is on the board *inherently* just by spreading the news! Teen stated that people read CSAT and he would know.
Veterans are taught right from Basic training that we are all in this together.
We lived through our own war and we have our own battle stories and some have battle stories that will always out due another, but we do not want to battle anymore, we want to settle in our homes and forget and mend our wounds.
How do we do this?
I don't know, it is almost like the circus has left town and the monkey is still around wither I like it or not.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 21:43; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 21 Apr 2016, 08:45

Who are the people stopping the process?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7GsFvvt7LI

Now Mr. Mulcair is standing up for Veterans!

He could of won the elections, but he was honest in the direction he was heading referencing the NVC.

( That and he has an awful mean streak as it appears )
Sir,
You are more then welcome to use that sort of leadership in the house, especially when the word Veteran is used and it is used to remind the Prime Minimiser of Canada that "yes!", the sacred obligation hasn't been fulfilled, nor the mandate letter.

But! there is still time, as you we can see how passionate the PM's response was to the question.
I hope the guys in the backroom have some common since.
Flashback come to mind?

Flip Flop politics.
Backroom deals, it doesn't sit well with I, nor with the Veterans community.
Transparency please.
Danny P. A .J

Last edited by Dannypaj on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:57; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2016, 06:33

as far as the board is concerned as it applies to the lifelong pension its irrelevant .

we know the problem .

we know their is only one correct fix.

if he still needs input for some crazy reason then get it. not from this board and least of all not from me .

take a week lock himself in a room with vet files or al least phone numbers of vets . all the ones who ever got a buyout and start calling .

he will get his input all right .

the purest input he would ever receive far purer than by any other means .

of course although he may get a great many suggestions on how to move forward on this issues the variety of those suggestions may be limited . as a matter of fact its possible all the suggestions received ALL might be saying the same thing .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 21 Apr 2016, 02:18

Teen, the current forum rules, are already pretty much the same as on the MVA facebook page, even if worded differently. No vulgarity, and no attacking of others members. Be respectful at all times. No spamming of posts. Etc. And the forums are moderated, far more than most open forums I have been on, and if someone steps out of line, we will correct it. But that being said, the people who post on here, have the right to voice their opinions, even if they are unpopular. And I encourage debates, they can be quite healthy and informative, as long as all the rules are followed.

As far as the stakeholders meetings are concerned, I completely agree. The traditional Veteran's groups are no longer relevant for the vast majority of Veterans under the age of 60. So maybe the Veterans community should be able nominate several our own representatives to sit at the table with them. That way we know that not everyone there is garnering some sort of special favour from the Government, for their participation and cooperation.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next