Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Cost Of Lving Allowance problem?

2 posters

Go down

ELB Cost Of Lving Allowance problem? Empty Re: ELB Cost Of Lving Allowance problem?

Post by LawnBoy77777 Fri 09 Sep 2016, 17:29

I called McInnis Cooper today to clarify the SISIP COLA issue:

SISIP added COLA after clawbacks. Does ELB do this? If so it is obviously wrong.

In addition, the COLA on clawbacks cannot be taken into account on SISIP but they do. Does VAC do the same?

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

ELB Cost Of Lving Allowance problem? Empty Re: ELB Cost Of Lving Allowance problem?

Post by LawnBoy77777 Sat 03 Sep 2016, 16:47

Thanks Trooper, I have to rein in if I can. I'd like to get along with everyone if I can.

I don't get ELB. Can someone verify if they deduct too much via clawback? Do they have to ignore COLA, like SISIP? (though SISIP isn't)

If I were in a union, I would file a grievance on this mess. There is a cler breach of contract.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2016, 19:12

LawnBoy, post as much as you want, your no different then any other member of the forum, we are all on the same team, so don't feel like your being singled out because I, and a few others asked you to keep the law aspect for the courts. It's just a friendly reminder of keeping the forum topics a little more easier to understand. So please post away keeping in mind the reminders sent your way. Like I said to you before, you won't wear out your welcome here.

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 01 Sep 2016, 14:25

The case did not fix this issue. The question is, is it just on my case they are screwing up or everyone's case?

Is VAC doing it wrong too?

No one ever explained what the COLA problem was from the Manuge case. I even got a HUGE $33 cheque but no 1 said why.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 01 Sep 2016, 09:12

SISIP was dealt with during the lawsuit, as a follow-up issue. So they are now supposed to be calculating COLA on the full 75% amount, not the actual benefit that is paid. That said, I do believe that SISIP and ELB are wrongfully deducting COLA amounts that are provided for other sources of income, artificially reducing their liability. And one of the Liberal campaign promises, was to remove the 2% cap on COLA for ELB, so if they follow through with that in the new regulations, it should hopefully apply to SISIP if and when they increase it to 90%.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

ELB Cost Of Lving Allowance problem? Empty ELB Cost Of Lving Allowance problem?

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 01 Sep 2016, 08:11

ELB is a copy of SISIP.

One thing they copied, from the contract into law, is the 2% cap on Cost Of Living Allowance. Here is a post that I made to my FB group: Observation Post. I think I'm on to something.

I'm going to post way fewer times. I think I can blame my medical condition, OCPD as I try to fix all the problems I see. I'll try to manage it better by avoiding the to & fro. However, this might be a nice & simple issue that we need fixed for the disabled veterans that lose money:

COLA problem I bet is happening:

SISIP is capped at 2% Cost Of Living Allowance (COLA) but that is only part of the problem. This part is that if inflation was 4% & SISIP is capped at 2%, your purchasing power goes down & you are on a downward spiral into poverty if something doesn't change.

I believe SISIP adds COLA after clawbacks, that is a big deal.

SISIP: $2000 (for simplicity)
CPPD: $1000 (for simplicity)
Net SISIP: $1000 that COLA is added to, I'll use 2% for simplicity too
New SISIP rate is $1020 per month

If they did it as per the policy:

$2000
next year, with 2%: $2040
minus CPPD: $1000
Net: $1040 per month

$20 per month doesn't sound like much but it is better in your pocket than theirs.

12 months x $20 = $240

The cost to SISIP will be fairly big. There are many veterans on the plan for many years.

I think we deserve punitive damages for their breaching such a BASIC term of the policy.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down