Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada

+3
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
pinger
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 2 Empty Re: Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 14:19

Steelgunner,

Everyone on the same page, with the same message would be Ideal. The only problem were facing with that concept is the fact that Veterans are not on the same page as I have written about in the past right here on CSAT.

Not all Veterans have the same thoughts on how this and the past government for that matter handles our file. Not all Veterans want the old act brought back, not all Veterans think that protesting is the answer. Mike Blais himself was preaching just not to long ago that this government is acting in good faith, and given time, things will be done to satisfy Veterans. Now he has woken up and sees the light of reality and has now changed tactics by promoting and organizing protest. Not all Veterans see the 5 to 15% increase in the ELB as problematic, they see it as a positive move by this government regardless that the increase does not reflect the promise, promised. Same goes for the retro and increase to the disability award, same as the re opening of the offices. The NVC has categorized Veterans benefits to the extent that any announcement, regardless of how viewed by various Veterans and Veterans groups look better than what was presented by the past government. One just has to look at this site, facebook sites and see the diversity among Veterans as to how they view the current situation. The NVC is a mixture of Benefits that results in Veterans and Veterans groups to have mix reactions as to how we move forward to better the system. That's just the way it is today.

It's nearly impossible to band together in huge numbers to stand for one standard of purpose in our quest to better the system. There is a huge division right now in terms of what direction is best to take. Therefore I believe that those who believe in protest, protest. Those who believe in face to face dialogue, continue to do that. That is why I have said in one of my post above that I will keep an eye out the CVA to see or learn of any new news on the protest. The protest is an Idea that came from the CVA.

Forcing an opinion upon others is not my style, even though I disagree with some of the tactics used by some, I respect their opinion and hope they respect mine.

With all that said, I believe that those who want to protest, concentrate on the protest message that they will deliver, and not worry about what others say or do. If were not all on the same page across the board as is the case today, we need to focus on what we see as the proper way to deal with the government, be it, protest, or otherwise.

So the bottom line here as far as I'm concerned is to stick what it is you believe in, and focus on just that.

Back to top Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 2 Empty Re: Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 13:21

Trooper it's not about which person writes or explains the present day situation.   Myself I think the same message across Canada from coast to coast will serve us all better in the long run.

I talked about grass roots before, but I think we should be all on the same page including the groups attending the meetings with the government.  

Same message equals to a stronger message.   Even if it's read in Ottawa or here in White Rock, BC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 11:24

Not as good as the previous letters, but I'II post it anyway as an opinion.

We are protesting here today to show the government of Canada that we as Canadian Veterans who were medically released from the service are not pleased with the way the government is handling our file.

The New Veterans Charter was enacted in 2006, this replaced the old pension act. The New Veterans Charter does not provide the same security as the old pension act did. Since the implementation of the New Veterans Charter, there has been countless confrontations between, Veterans and the Federal government on just how Veterans see the new charter as unfair, compared to the old pension act. The main problem being the removal of the tax free lifelong pension.

Today, the confrontation continues simply because the government allows the bureaucrats to make decisions on implementations, regardless of what Veterans want, or recommend. The Minister of Veterans Affairs seems to be passing everything down to the bureaucrats, without controlling what the bureaucrats bring forward.

Promise no#2 of the mandate letter given to the Minister of Veterans Affairs by Prime Minister Trudeau states: " Re-establish lifelong pensions as an option for our injured veterans" This particular promise was the promise that changed the hope of Veterans, it all looked and sounded good, but this particular promise is nowhere to be seen, or heard of. What was said by our Minister is that the promise is complex and he does not have a magic wand to make this happen overnight. We had Veterans who brought forward solutions to have this implemented, but as stated earlier, our Minister listens to the bureaucrats, not Veterans.
They, the government implemented the New Veterans Charter, our Minister has gone on record saying that reinstating the lifelong pension is complex, being that they, the government are responsible for making this complex by implementing the New Veterans Charter, why should Veterans have to wait and suffer for actions taken by the government?

The government has taken the route of allowing the bureaucrats to fully implement what and how they want to, the government is using Veterans and Veterans groups as PR puppets to give the illusion that they are listening and acting on what Veterans and Veterans groups are suggesting or recommending, this gives the government full control. Protesting here today, gives us, the Veterans full control, the government has forced us all into taking this type of action.

Back to top Go down

Post by VVice Thu 22 Sep 2016, 04:58

Canada recognises one Veteran, who performed a sacred duty in both peace time and war time.  Yet the government simply does not honour Canadian Veterans and their families and has not since the end of World War 2.

We want the Liberal government especially Prime Minister Trudeau to live up to his election promises.  The New Veterans Charter was approved by a Liberal government, and supported by all federal parties. Now government is failing to honour its promises and in fact taking Veterans to court again, despite PM Trudeau saying that no Veteran would have to fight their own government to get the support and compensation they deserve.  

One Veteran equals one charter, why do we have two charters for Veterans after 2006.  I am treated differently than pre-2006 injured Veterans.  Why? Simply put it was a cost saving measure for the government.  It simply thought Veterans would roll over and die. Well, news flash the Veterans are not going to roll over and die.  If it takes more legal actions, rallies, protests, hunger strikes and other activities to show that Veterans deserve better support, then Veterans will participate in these activities until the government provides better support and not empty promises.  

I do not want anything more than what Prime Minister Robert Borden offered in 1917 and what was delivered in the old charter in 1945.  Veterans deserve to be treated with dignity and respect to compensate them for their sacrifices.

The Prime Minister wants to increase Canada's role in international peacekeeping.  Before he volunteers Veterans for such hazardous service, he should guarantee that they will receive a much higher standard of support from Canada.

One Veteran, one charter, one standard of care.

Perry
Chief Editor

VVice
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 2 Empty I would like members thoughts on my statement.

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 01:06

I would like your thoughts on my below statement.  I asked if someone would draft up a statement in an earlier post for our future protest on 4 Oct 2016. I did not see anything.  Please keep in mind this is almost like a grass roots idea/statement.  I am not a member of any group that talks to the government in their private stake holders meeting which are deciding our future without informing us of current negotiations.  

I plan on reading my statement on 4 Oct 2016 to a reporter. I am just asking for your thoughts for improvement on my statement.   My idea is not to over whemling the public with to much info so they can understand our situation.

Veterans Statement

Canada has one Veteran to honour that did a sacred duty for the country in both peace time and war time.  Yet past governments and the current government elected by the people choose a different path that simply does not honour the countries veterans.

We want the Liberal government especially Prime Minister Trudeau to live up to his election promises made to Veterans.  The New Veterans Charter conception was started by a former liberal government, passed by the former  conservative  government and now the current liberal government is stalling to keep its promises and in fact taking veterans to court when in fact PM Trudeau said he would not take veterans to court.  

One Veteran equals one charter, why do we have two charters for Veterans after 2006.  I am treated differently then my pre 2006 injured veterans.  Why ---- Simply put it was a cost saving measure for the government.  They simply thought the veteran would roll over and die. Well, news flash the veterans from 2006 and after are not going to roll over and die.  If it takes the supreme court of Canada to in fact show the Prime Minister of Canada he is wrong and in fact has a sacred duty to all Veterans past, present and future.

I do not want anything more then the past veterans had, to be treated with dignity and respect when it comes to injured veterans.  The New Veteran Charter in its current form does not adequate compensate an injuried soldiers in relationship to the past Penision Act and current ongoing daily living.

The Prime Minister wants Canada to return the U.N. Security council.  You are putting our future veterans in harms way, where injuries/deaths will occur.  Will you personally promise to every member of the Canadian Armed Forces that every future Veteran and the Veterans families will be taken care properly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 16:02

CVA is preparing a list regarding the protest, social media is key here in communicating or looking for guidance.

I would be contacting CVA either by phone or Facebook: 905-357-3306 // 905-359-9247 or you can go on the CVA's Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CanadianVeteransAdvocacy/

They would be the group to contact, as they would have more info on this and could inform you if others are protesting in your area on the 4th Oct.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 19 Sep 2016, 15:21

London calling... The newbie Liberal MP here is Kate Young.
Her office is in an extremely bad construction zone right now.

Here's a thought... what's wrong with a quiet protest around the perimeter of
a VERY high visibility cenotaph outside of Nov.11 for Oct 4?

That ain't no desecration to me at all.                                      
Still gotta call a few markers and Irene Mathyssene is busy for our purposes.

Anyone else London way?

Last edited by pinger on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 15:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:06

in 2006 the government changed the pain and suffering benefit for the most severally disabled soldiers by 90% and the death benefit for the families of those that have fallen by 85% .

is a good simple short statement/talking point/message common people will understand .

as for a letter I'm not sure what you are looking for their but I fully understand exactly why you are looking for uniformity in the message . much more effective .

just throwing my message of one of the two issues in protest and suggest not going outside the two.

JMO

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 06:31

Steelgunner, your absolutely correct, you need to prepare yourselves ahead of time and organize the protest so your all on the same page. The first thing is to get a hold of as many people who are planning to attend the protest as possible. You need to collaborate among yourselves as much as possible. You need to choose who will be the head organizer of your protest. You need to announce the place and time and date. In your case it's going to be at a MP's office. You need to announce the MP's name, address and time and date of the protest so that everyone knows where and when to go. Someone needs to contact the media ahead of time so that the protest can have maximum coverage. Once this is done and you know who the head organizer of your protest is, your protest message can be drafted so your all on the same page. A speaker or speakers are assigned to speak on behalf of your message protest. This is usually done by the head organizer. The Oct 4th protest is an Idea started by Mike Blais of CVA, you can use his message or you can use your own message that comes from your organized protest, or a combination of both. I will post as much info as possible here on this particular topic to aid your group in drafting your protest message, you can contact the CVA by calling 905-357-3306 // 905-359-9247 or you can go on the CVA's Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CanadianVeteransAdvocacy/

CSAT can also give opinions on the protest message.

But as stated above, steps need to be taken beforehand, so that the protest is successful in getting the message out loud and clear.

Here's some more info,

Canadian Veterans Advocacy: New protest page. Newfoundland to Bc, the brave are standing tooo. Will you? All you have to do is get some friends and head on down to visit your mp, remind him of the promises made and the Sacred Obligation therein

Here's one from LawnBoy;

VETERANS BROKEN PROMISE Attention veterans in St J's Newfoundland!!! Stand Toooo! October 4th....

‎Matt Edward St. John's, NL

Attention to Orders

Operation FUBAR

Situation: SNAFU

Mission: Send Canada a clear message that Service Income Support Insurance Plan (SISIP) veterans need to be treated FAIRLY.

Execution: On 04OCT16 at 1200h I plan to stand in support of the Canadian Veterans Advocacy & Michael Blais at CFS St. John's. Hopefully some other local veterans will show up to protest the SISIP shortcomings. For example:

1. The failure to move to 90% like Earnings Loss Benefit when SISIP is being used to fund service injuries by being 1st payer;

2. SISIP's Cost Of Living Allowance is capped at 2% while all other Fed LTD get 3% & the pension got unlimited. Even ELB moved to unlimited.

Service & support: I will see if I can get some shelter (old unit?); snacks (Timmies?); Radio support (Paddy Daly?); Supplies (PSAC?), etc

Command & Signals: my groups & my ph # is 709-364-8837.

I'll tag some people to gauge interest BUT I have a meeting with the lawyer (in the same area) an hour after my proposed date & time.

I may even start a daily protest to build up to the 04OCT16 event.

I will continue to monitor and post anything new here, in the meantime Steelgunner you can continue to communicate with Panserbjørn on this and feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 00:02

I am in for the protest Oct 4/16.  Wearing Beret and plan to have Canadian flag and a sign that PM lies to Veterans.

I live in the same city as Jim Scott and will get his thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 2 Empty For those of actually thinking to protest Oct 4/16

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2016, 23:55

Could I (we) get a standard form/letter for those that are going to protest on Oct 4/16.  Instead of a mixed bag of one liners or in my case saying something wrong to a reporter.  Could we draw up a standard message that all veterans promote across the country.  And if someone has already done this, point me in the right direction.

Admin please advise.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Sun 18 Sep 2016, 23:25

As for the protest in Vancouver Mike Blais got the first name wrong of Mr. Lothbrook. The first name is Charles, it was in another one of his posts before that one.

I am in contact with Mr. Lothbrook and he is new when it comes to protesting.

Steelgunners are you interested in protesting on the 4th of October in Vancouver at the MP's office?

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 13:12

Steelgunner & Panserbjørn, your both in the Vancouver area and asked about protesting, John Lothbrook apparently will be organizing a protest in Vancouver on Oct 4th. If I get more info on how to contact him, I will post it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 05:52

Looks like LawnBoy is protesting in ST John's, good stuff LawnBoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 17 Sep 2016, 04:34

If you have a Facebook page and have Mike. B as a friend, statements of his will come up on your news feed.....I am connected with as many veterans as possible through social media....Keeping the same message.....sticking together and gently nudging the older generation of veterans to remind them it is okay to speak up against their government.
Veterans are becoming quite tech savvy, a lot of people are now writing about their own personal experience with VAC/VRAB spreading the word about their treatment they've received throughout the endless web of the internet for all to see, which in the past I was only guessing and hearing local stories or reading some little news article in the newspaper, but now it is all over the internet as well.
Damage Control?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next