Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500

+4
VVice
bigrex
Sean Bruyea
Teentitan
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500 - Page 2 Empty Re: Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500

Post by Vet1234 Wed 05 Oct 2016, 15:56

Good to see you here Sean. Prior to my tours overseas, I was conditioned by the military to ostracize and blanket all PTSD as malingering. I've learned and see things from the other side now.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500 - Page 2 Empty Re: Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 15:50

Trooper, I hope Sean finds justice in this situation, if it were me that people were publicly condemning, accusing and vilifying I'd be devastated. Nobody has the right to treat a person with such disdain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 14:19

Bruce,

You did the right thing by posting the Mike Highland post.

You are not responsible for the context of what others write.

If you wouldn't have posted it, there's a good chance that Sean would have missed it and this Mike Character would have gotten away with it. Sean is grateful for you having his back by bringing this to light, now he can concentrate on the Legal aspects of what Mike wrote.

The only reason why part of it was removed, was simply because of being a part of his Legal path to pursue Legal action against this Mike Highland character.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:58

I found another post in the comments section of CBC website attacking Captain (retired) Bruyea's character by a Michael Shannon. This time I PM'd Sean the quote instead of sharing it on CSAT. I didn't realize that the quote I shared on CSAT by Mike Highland could cause Sean upset. And for that I apologize.

On another note, if Mike Highland works with releasing members in transitioning to civie life as he claims, his bias towards some members certainly isn't helpful and could do them harm as he states some are defrauding the system. Which could be true, but it's not up to him to decide that and publicly accusing people is definitely unacceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 04 Oct 2016, 17:50

Welcome to csat Sean Smile

pinger
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2016, 08:18

very true sean good stuff welcome aboard .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2016, 08:04

Sean Bruyea,

I'm sorry to have been the bearer of bad news. CBC could be compelled to provide the email address associated with "Mike Highland" even if that is a pseudonym. And the email address will lead to the person who wrote the comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by VVice Tue 04 Oct 2016, 02:05

I wish to echo what TeenTitan, Trooper and Sean wrote about the misrepresentation of Sean by Mike Highland, who may or may not be a CF Veteran.  I hope that  all those who use CSAT will respect the rules of this forum, even if they wish to be anonymous.  It is all too easy for people to lie when leaving comments on any website or on social media.  

We have learned how predators, bullies and others exploit the easy access provided by the Internet to spread their misinformation.  Computer crimes are one of the largest problems that society must deal with, whether it is "Nigerian prince" fraud, credit card scams, or the spread of malicious information.  

Every Veteran can be the target of these criminal acts, so we need to check our six and that of our friends.  Anyone who has trained in crowd control understands that some people will use the anonymity of a mob to commit violence.  We can not tolerate such people because they will get others blamed for their actions.

It is common to accept that there will always be a few "bad apples" and not everyone should be labeled as such.  We also have to remember that one bad apple spoils the bunch.

What Mike Highland wrote can be used against any Veteran.  So please help to stop this one bad apple from spoiling others.

Anyone, who behaves like Mike Highland on this website, will be banned.  

Please report such people, but also please refrain from posting anything negative, even if you are quoting or using someone else's comments.  We do not have to help spread lies and malice.

Perry
Chief Editor

VVice
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 03 Oct 2016, 22:16

Welcome to the forums Sean. We have your back.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Bruyea Mon 03 Oct 2016, 21:50

Thank you Trooper and Bruce72 for letting me know about Mike Highland's post on CBC. Thank you even more for helping a fellow veteran.

I have taken screen shots from the CBC website and I am preparing for the next steps. If anyone has any further information about Mike Highland, please let me know as I will require such information to pursue the matter. As in many of such cases of drive-by-postings, identifying the individual is difficult as they hide behind fake names and fabricated facebook or other identities. If Mike Highland is indeed serving, then I will ensure the Minister and the CDS are made aware of this individual.

It is not merely because he posted highly defamatory information about me (false, widely distributed in a public forum, affect my reputation negatively). Like so many who don't want to discuss facts, they make personal attacks instead. Distracting from debating the facts lets down all those who need that debate to make positive change.

This was the exact crime accompanying the Privacy Scandal that exploded in 2010. Rather than deal with factual criticisms of aspects of the new veterans charter and how it was being poorly administered, policy bureaucrats (Ken Miller, Darragh Mogan-both immediately retired 2010) illegally acquired and/or were given my private information from service delivery bureaucrats (Jane Hicks, Orlanda Drebit-Jane Hicks still working, Orlanda Drebit immediately retired 2010).

This information was then grossly distorted by bureaucrats (with no medical experience) with an accompanying plan in place to force me into an inpatient evaluation to be carried out by VAC medical staff in Ste Anne's de Bellevue's newly operating OSI clinic. The conclusions of this evaluation were already decided by VAC bureaucrats and given to the Minister before anyone authorized the evaluation to take place.

Now why can I write this about the VAC bureaucrats but it is defamatory what Mike Highland wrote about me? The answer is the difference between facts proven by VAC documents about the above bureaucrats and misrepresentation of facts (lies) from Mike Highland. The only thing factual in Mike Highland's post is that my name is Bruyea, I served in the Gulf War, I was a Captain and I have PTSD.

Why would Mike Highland write such a litany of prolific lies? Envy of others getting attention, frustration with his own life, professional internet comment blogger for a political party...all are possible. The bottom line is that no veteran who is dragged through the system to prove their disability should have to prove their credentials or their suffering to some pathetic internet voyeur.

I wouldn't wish anyone to have to enter the disability benefit system at VAC let alone endure injuries in their military service. We all suffer in our own way. We don't need anyone, especially those like Mike Highland who haven't a clue, to make life more difficult.

I have asked VVi Web admin to remove the part of the CBC comments that are clearly defamatory in Bruce72's appreciated post. I have to request this removal if I am to pursue legal action against Mike Highland or else he could claim there is nothing wrong with the CBC post since I tolerated it on CSAT.

Thanks again CSAT for looking after fellow veterans and thank you for focussing on the issues and not on the persons...however difficult that can be sometimes...

Sean

Sean Bruyea
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 18:42

If anyone knows who Mike Highland is? Could you please PM me.

Thanks

Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 17:16

I wish I hadn't seen it Trooper. Nothing bothers me more than the thought that some veterans would choose not to have each others' backs. Or mind their business.

I gotta go for a walk and calm down, I'm absolutely furious right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 17:10

Well it's disturbing to read such garbage written by this Mike Highland individual, Sean is an outstanding advocate who always puts the welfare of all Veterans before himself. Sometimes people read Sean's articles and see that what Sean writes is the truth and he also educates Veterans in what he writes, this Mike character for some unknown reason see's it differently I guess, could he be in bed with the government? There's a lot of this going around these days!

Thanks for picking that up bruce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 16:25

Here's another cock-eyed comment from:

James Young

Apparently the days are gone when the young men went off to die for a cause they knew nothing about. They took the hardships in the name of God and country. They licked their wounds and died often totally unrecognized. 

Now never in our short history has there been so much whining like the losers serving in the military today. Why they actually want the same benefits as a Toronto cop when removed from the action for whatever cause. 

Unfortunately supplying the rewards costs money, and the politicos have run up against this shocking truth. War is expensive enough but the fallout is far more costly if the participants demand their just benefits. A November 11 parade is not enough. Or is naming half the highways with reference to some veteran association. The cannon fodder is awakening. Beware. 

× I'm willing to bet the closest James Young ever came to serving is a round of Call of Duty video game style, but he has the nerve to call currently serving members "losers".

I'm seriously losing my shyte over this kind of rhetoric.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 16:03

The comments by some people on CBC's website on this story are fairly shocking.  Many have the idea that veterans who receive benefits from VAC are malingering, especially those of us with PTSD, apparently it's easy to fake. I guess the 7 or 8 years I've spent in therapy we're just a joke and my psychologist,  who has a PhD is a fool.  And I guess I never tore the miniscus' in both knees and have cartilage floating around and didn't crack my right heel bone or have my arches go completely flat

According to a post by Mike Highland a veteran with 38 years service, Sean Bruyea is the biggest malingerer of all.  He wrote a scathing review of Bruyea's service and subsequent disabilities.  He also shared publicly what could be Bruyea's personal medical information.

Mike Highland if you are reading this, your 38 years in the military should have taught you at least this.....loyalty and brotherhood.  Know your troops and promote their welfare much?

You don't ever want to meet me face to face Highland, because I'll adjust your friggin attitude for you.

Content removed upon request. Anyone wishing to read what was said, can visit the CBC website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum