Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500

+4
VVice
bigrex
Sean Bruyea
Teentitan
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500 Empty Re: Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 15:51

I will Danny, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500 Empty Re: Backlog of applications for veterans benefits still greater than 11,500

Post by Dannypaj Thu 06 Oct 2016, 15:30

Breath easy my friend, breath easy.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 15:17

Thanks everyone. I am honestly grateful I have some financial breathing space.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 13:12

great news bruce congrats .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 06 Oct 2016, 12:57

That's great Bruce and no more waiting either !
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 12:08

Happy for you Bruce!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 06 Oct 2016, 10:49

Congrats on your outcome Bruce enjoy

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 09:46

I've seen you previous posts that you have 5 kids! I don't know how you do it 😃

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 06 Oct 2016, 09:42

That's fantastic. I do without all the time for my kids. My oldest is 11 and we live in the country... she's gonna need a car soon enough.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 09:31

Thanks vet1234, I really need the money.  I'm on a vacation I can't really afford, but a buddy of mine, who's also a veteran convinced me to go anyway, so we can watch out for each other and support each other, he's an Afghan war vet with PTSD too.

And I can help my daughter buy a new car she desperately needs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 06 Oct 2016, 09:24

that's awesome bruce72!!
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2016, 08:49

I spoke to VAC today about my reassessment because I couldn't wait for the paperwork. I was awarded an additional 15%

I hope other veterans applications are adjudicated as quickly as mine was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 22:48

I have to wonder how VAC prioritizes applications. I applied for a reassessment for PTSD on April 1, 2016. All supporting documentation was received July 25, 2016 and as of today October 6th on my VAC account it shows my application as "completed". That's less than 3 months of processing time.

I haven't received a letter in the mail yet, but it should come shortly and I haven't received a payment from VAC which always precedes the paperwork. I'm doubtful of a positive outcome in this instance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 20:51

Sean I have your back as well as any other veteran. If I can help any vet I will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Bruyea Wed 05 Oct 2016, 20:07

Bruce72, Trooper is absolutely right. I am very grateful that you drew my attention to the posts of both Mike Highland and Michael Shannon. Of course it is upsetting that he wrote these childish lies but I would rather see the defamation than let it linger unnoticed on the CBC website. Now I can try to do something about it because you watched my back. If an example can be made of a few who try to cause real harm to reputations through lies, then just maybe this will make others hesitate before they try to harm another.

Vet1234, thank you for being open about how military conditioned you to see PTSD sufferers as malingerers. I too went through this realization once I finally overcame six years of denial on my own suffering as my life fell apart. Sadly, military culture encourages this sort of condemnation of the different ones, especially if they are perceived as not being able to get the job done and therefore are a threat to a successful mission outcome. Even the obvious physically injured ones were often looked down upon while they were on "light duties". There are good things in the military but compassion is not one of them.

Sean Bruyea
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next