Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Sisip deduct the PIA or EIA benefits from the monthly Sisip benefit as an offset?

4 posters

Go down

Does Sisip deduct the PIA or EIA benefits from the monthly Sisip benefit as an offset? Empty Re: Does Sisip deduct the PIA or EIA benefits from the monthly Sisip benefit as an offset?

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 19:09

Brad and I served together many times agreed and missed big time RIP Brad

Back to top Go down

Does Sisip deduct the PIA or EIA benefits from the monthly Sisip benefit as an offset? Empty Re: Does Sisip deduct the PIA or EIA benefits from the monthly Sisip benefit as an offset?

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 19:07

EIA is a non taxable award and cannot and will not be considered wages or wage replacement it is a QOL award period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 14:49

hey johnny guess we may have run in to each other did a short stint there recovering after surgery the last of brad elms days their and the start of corbiles me and T ryles were shipped out shortly after for having big mouths . o frackin well if an infantry WO cant run the with of a parade square and embarrasses the frack out of me and mine I'm gonna let him here about it . that CRAP would NEVER happen with brad this I'm sure you know .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by sylvie Wed 12 Oct 2016, 08:06

sylvie wrote:
bigrex wrote:SISIP cannot deduct PIA/PIAS, because according to the policy, which has not been changed, their list of deductions only state financial benefits under the Pension Act. But since the PIA/PIAs are financial benefits under the NVC, they are exempt.

What about EIA under the old charter, would that be exempt from an offset by LTD Sisip.

Spoke with CM at Sisip and the EIA is not an offset.

sylvie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 11 Oct 2016, 20:21

RobbieRoyal - Im Luvin the new Avatar of yours. I was a Sig who did 2 RCR Sigs Pl, under Elms, RIP my dear friend. What an awesome leader and soldier..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sylvie Tue 11 Oct 2016, 20:21

bigrex wrote:I do not know honestly, because so few people ever received it. I can only remember one CSAT member ever saying that they were in receipt of it, and I've been on the site since the beginning. but If I was to guess, I would say no, because it was specifically for exceptional disability, not for economic loss.

Thank you. I will confirm tomorrow with Manulife Sisip. I did not realize EIA was so rare.

sylvie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 11 Oct 2016, 20:19

I do not know honestly, because so few people ever received it. I can only remember one CSAT member ever saying that they were in receipt of it, and I've been on the site since the beginning. but If I was to guess, I would say no, because it was specifically for exceptional disability, not for economic loss.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sylvie Tue 11 Oct 2016, 19:49

bigrex wrote:SISIP cannot deduct PIA/PIAS, because according to the policy, which has not been changed, their list of deductions only state financial benefits under the Pension Act. But since the PIA/PIAs are financial benefits under the NVC, they are exempt.

What about EIA under the old charter, would that be exempt from an offset by LTD Sisip.

sylvie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2016, 19:46

I can tell you that they did indeed deduct CFSA Pension and CPP had enough left over for a Jr. Cheese burger till they realized they wanted my relish.............so to speak

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 11 Oct 2016, 19:46

SISIP cannot deduct PIA/PIAS, because according to the policy, which has not been changed, their list of deductions only state financial benefits under the Pension Act. But since the PIA/PIAs are financial benefits under the NVC, they are exempt.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sylvie Tue 11 Oct 2016, 17:20

Thank you.
I thought it was CPPd and CF pension that were deducted from Sisip LTD.

sylvie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 11 Oct 2016, 17:19

No they do not and many on here will also state that they do not but it is best to ask SISIP and to get it in writing to ease your mind.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Does Sisip deduct the PIA or EIA benefits from the monthly Sisip benefit as an offset? Empty Does Sisip deduct the PIA or EIA benefits from the monthly Sisip benefit as an offset?

Post by sylvie Tue 11 Oct 2016, 17:16

Does Sisip deduct the PIA or EIA benefits from the monthly  Sisip benefit as an offset or was that what the lawsuit corrected?

Last edited by sylvie on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 17:19; edited 1 time in total

sylvie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down