Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+2
jack22
meteck
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 3 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 12:20

I for one can't understand why they would even decide to do this now, with an election coming, this is going to make a lot of news, very negative news.

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 31 Mar 2014, 12:05

if this cannot galvanize us veterans then nothing ever will.rcmp....paid back..dennis manuge and all sisip personnel......paid back.....nvc..........4 months retro.....that's the biggest slap in the face this government could apply to afgan/bosnia veterans...howd that feel???? I am so saddened by this treatment I cannot describe....................................

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 31 Mar 2014, 10:42

BRIDGETTE they are sheep..will do whats instructed of them..4 months retro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!RCMP RETRO DATE 1975.....................................................VETS OF THE NVA.....................4 FRICKIN MONTHS...............YOU SHOULD A;LL BE OUTRAGED....

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 31 Mar 2014, 10:40

I CONTACTED PARM GILLS OFFICE TODAY..I HAVE THE PARLIMENTARY SECRATERY FOR VETERANS AFFAIRS CALLING ME TODAY TO EXPLAIN WHY WE FEEL like victims all over again. explain why rcmp get the sweet deal and why we bosbia/afgan vets get f****d over without so much as a kiss!!! I have told parm gills office to expect a crapload of angry vets marching in protest outside his office.. his right hand girl has steered me into the secraterys call for now..people we need action.the ombudsmans office is in a meeting going over this proposal from gvmnt to us now......stay tuned and for gods sake call the va or your mp and COMPLAIN//LOUDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 10:25

I talked with someone in VAC and they are getting little information about the retro, still awaiting directives on how to deal with it, I assume it will take a little time before we get anything!

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Mon 31 Mar 2014, 09:32

When does this ELB retro get paid??
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 30 Mar 2014, 20:54

yep

news release on the VAC site.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/fam/long-term-eng.htm

but being the cynical sob I am, the word "Proposed" screams at me.
If it flies, great!
ONE veteran, not 2 or 3 or 4, ONE voice for all.
No splintering.  pinger.

@bd because the release is just out?
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 20:54

Stupid question here but why would MC not pick up this case and run with it..

Last edited by BD on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 21:02; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Sun 30 Mar 2014, 20:35

Am I reading this crap right here..the rcmp has settled the clawback issue?? they have settled but the elb retro is still a fart in the wind??? I will be contacting the ombudsmans office in the next 2 or 3 weeks as I wrap up college term. jose mcciver can be reached at 1-866-522-2122..ask for her SPECIFICALLY AS SHE IS the point lady for all inquiries related the the elb retro..she has stalled for 18 MONTHS PEOPLE..NOT A GOSH DARN WORD POSITIVE HAS FLOWED FROM HER MOUTH.. I implore all vets on these va programs contact her and ask what veterans affairs has to say about everyone else being compensated for the clawback but us crappy little elb and war veterans allowance newbie type veteran that is being kicked in the groin by this government. call her and ask why no movement and listen to the pre- arranged words she will spout to you. RISE UP VETS WE NEED ACTION NOW......I contacted this micheal blais months ago without so much as a response so its up to us people..badger them with calls ..

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 18:20

I wonder what the ombudsman is going to say about this. It's the war veterans allowance that s screwing this up for the ELB guys because at my legion I was told this amount of retro coud make the sisip payout look like peanuts

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 3 Empty just a thought...

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 17:32

So, they have already admitted they are in the wrong for clawing back the disability amounts off of the ELB.  At least that is my spin on paying the 4 or 5 months they have said they will pay in the document released.  So if they have already said they were wrong then it should be a no-brainer for whatever law firm we get to represent us to force the back pay.  It just may take another 5 years that most of us don't have or can't wait.  As well as also loosing a third of it in legal fees etc.  I for one an starting to bug my MP to do something about this mess, now that we have concrete ammunition.  Until we can get a law firm to start turning the screws it may be useful to start bugging our elected officials, especially if it happens to be a PC member.  Next year is an election year and all the parties are going to be hungry for votes.  We may not be that many but along with family, friends and other military members we can be a strong voice.  What can it hurt to write a few emails and get the MP's asking questions.  If nothing else it may force comments the lawyers can use in court.  My thoughts are that if they can keep giving all this money away to people outside of Canada to help bail them out of serious issues such as the Ukraine, Egypt and Syria why can';t they look after their own.  We put our lives on the line to keep their butts safe now it is time they stepped up and manned up to their mistakes in how we have been treated in the past.  I don't begrudge our country helping others less fortunate but they have a fair amount of the same issues in their own country.  Just paying their debts at home doesn't give as good press an international aid does.  Don't care which party is in power as they have all screwed over the military at one time or another, and many of them are still using us as a platform to get ahead.  Just my thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 15:43

thanks nav buds I do appiciate that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 15:31

Yep, legit! , right on the nail, Propat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 15:19

WOW thanks BD I was expecting a lot of flack but im sure its coming lol.

thanks again BD

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 15:14

Well said propat you hit the nail on the head with your post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum