Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+2
jack22
meteck
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 4 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 15:11

well I was wrong I said long ago that this GOC showed no sign of paying reto  on this thus were unlikely to do so.

well I guess I was wrong.

what a crock.

call them post 2006 vets ore call them afgan vets. whatever you want to call them it doesn't seem they are looked at by this GOC as nothing more than a liability. yup a liability to be either reduced ore eliminated.

the party that sent troops to Afghanistan is the same party that created the NVC. coincidence ? I THINK NOT!

the party that continued operation in Afghanistan is the same party that implemented the NVC . coincidence ? I THINK NOT!

ya see guys war comes with long term liabilities to any government that engages in it these we would call injured soldiers.

so now we have two class of vets the haves and have not's ore per 06 and post 06.

pre 06 vets love the new system because we get extra benefits.

post 06 vets hate it because they get less benefits.

kinda why most vets advocacy groups will not make a whole lot of noise over ending the buyout . they are afraid to lose their new found benefits.

ya I took the new benefits payed  for from the buyout of post 06 vets but im not affaid to lose it either if it means ALL VETS ARE TREATED FAIRLY AND EQUALLY!!!!

you all  can look at all the issues you want and dance around the edges of the MAIN ISSUE.

now their is officially two differences between the two group's of vets one now didn't get FULL retro on their ltd .

and of cores the big one one has a buyout .

if the NVC is falling short WHY???????

whats the big difference from the PA????????

bring up all the issues you want and im sure they are very valid ones but what single issue is out there that can make the NVC way better illuminate MOAST concerns over it and will make sure all vets are treated EXACTLY THE SAME???????

you all know the answer but it seems a lot of advocates don't is it because they are one the old system with new benefits . could it be a combination of fear and greed???

ore do they really not see it??

I don't think anyone is that stupid!!!

STOP THE BUYOUT NOW!!!!!

ALWAYS QUESTION ATHORITY

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 13:23

What a slap in the face to you guys! They first settled with us, the sisip guys, then the RCMP guys , and you guys they throw shit in your faces, sorry , no other way to put it. ELB and sisipmltd are the same and there paid for by the same people, the Harper Government, there is no greater case for unfairness I believe. You have no recourse but to sue!

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:19

Brigotte 63: Je sais que la firme de Michel Drapeau à Ottawa est impliqué mais je ne sais pas jusqu'a quel niveau. Au lien ci-dessous vous trouverez ceci:

http://canadianveteransadvocacy.com/Board2/index.php?topic=11964.0

CVA Situation Report – Update - Earnings Loss Benefits – Retro activity - legal action.

Be advised that the law firm of Col -ret- Michel Drapeau OMM CD has formally agreed to represent a veteran in reference to the claw back of his VAC pain and suffering pension with the Earnings Loss Benefit provisions and the monies that were deducted prior to the period when the government ended this unjust practice. In June, 2012, the Harper government responded to the Manuge SISIP decision by ceasing the deductions of VAC pain and suffering monthly pensions for those supported through the Earnings Loss benefit, War Pensioners Allowance and Canadian Forces Income Support Benefit.

While the focus of the potential legal action is related to the ELB retro-activity, this initiative will have an impact on the WPA and CFISB as all programs have been included within the harmonization pledge and deductions have ceased. The Canadian Veterans Advocacy has been provided permission to assist in the PRELIMINARY PHASE and we are encouraging all veterans who are supported under the Earnings Loss Benefits program who have suffered the financial burden of this claw back to contact Michael L Blais CD, CVA, so that I might ensure that you are duly noted. Should legal actions be necessary, we will have accumulated a formidable data base of registered veterans to provide to Colonel Drapeau’s law firm.

I reiterate, we are the preliminary phase, clarification has been sought from the ministry and their will be a lag in response time as parliament is not in session and the decision involves the treasury department and other elevated government entities.

Adapt, overcome, prevail. We will take advantage of this lull and focus on establishing a strong foundation for a potential class action suit I would encourage you to send this message to anyone that you know who is on the ELB, the War Pensioners Allowance and the Canadian Forces Income Support benefit.

The Canadian Veterans Advocacy has been founded on the principle of One Veteran, One Standard. Dennis Manuge and his legal team set the standard for the thousands of veterans affected by the SISIP claw back, the government has pledged to harmonize and the CVA will continue fight on as many levels as necessary to ensure their are no 2ND CLASS VETERANS in this nation, that we are all treated equally and with all due respect for the sacrifice that we have made on behalf of this nation.

Contacts
Email.

Mlblaisrcr@gmail.com

Mail

Michael L Blais CD
Canadian Veterans Advocacy
6618 Harper Drive Niagara Falls Ontario l2e 7k6

Pro Patria Semper Fidelis

Michael L Blais CD
President - Founder Canadian Veterans Advocacy
6618 Harper Drive, Niagara Falls, Ontario
905-359-9247 /// hm 905-357-3306

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 10:58

People, I need to know IF anyone already contacted any lawyer about the ELB. I am going for a Class Action. Please contact me

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 30 Mar 2014, 10:37

Ya know, I'm not part of that class action but i monitor it. What a bunch of horseshit! But just wait and see folks, they'll paint it very pretty for their PR purposes.
How can the slippery bastards validate 4 months (May 29 - Oct. 1 dates) and ignore anything prior?

News release elb retro here, http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=831669&_ga=1.23877170.927521185.1396123226
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 10:32

Contact with M.Bellemare law firm done.
I will keep you posted my friends

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 10:21

Trying to get confirmation of this. Is it somewhere online that says 5 months elb retro only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 10:06

If that's the case you guys seriously need to get a legal lawsuit going! Legit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 10:05

Has there bee n an announcement saying the government is only paying 4 months retro for the ELB guys? Wat about interest ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 09:56

Anytime Brigitte, je signe ou ?

J'ai copier un petit texte qui pourrais surement intéressé Mr. Bellemare, voila:

LIST of 43 Conservative Party Acts of Contempt Against Canadians: 1. Contempt of Parliament Conviction and only leader in Commonwealth history. 2. Election FRAUD-only PM in Canadian history. 3. Abused proroguing powers twice to avoid parliamentary discussion. 4. Illegal $15 million G-8 legacy fund. 5. Federal Spending up 22% and record debt and deficit for this government that campaigned on fiscal responsibility. All with nothing to show for it except cuts to social programs that all Canadians benefit from. 6. Omnibus bills to prevent Parliamentary debate for new laws and to hide legislation. e.g. Omnibus Bill C-45 covered over 60 Acts of Legislation pushed through all at once. 7. Free trade deals with Communist China with no reciprocity. Such trade is damaging to the Environment, and violates the Indian Act. 8. Cut over $200 million in Environment spending. 9. Dismantled Canadian Wheat Board. http://www.cbc.ca/.../reaction-to-harper-marking-end-of... 10. Largest mass violations of civil rights and largest mass arrests in Canadian history during G-20. That cost taxpayers $1 billion that included Martial Law Powers for police and $9.4 million on a G-20 fence. 11. Senate scandal under his watch and no explanation for the payout by Nigel Wright that far exceeds any speaking fees of Trudeau's that were 100% legit. 12. $19 billion over-budget on F-35s while cutting compensation to the members of the armed forces, veterans ($226 million cut here), and surviving families. http://bc.ctvnews.ca/veterans-suing-government-over.... Of course, Harper states that concerns should be through lobbying MPs as a part of his quest for absolute power rather than going to the courts as a check and balance to protect the Constitution and the Charter as the Judicial Branch of government. http://globalnews.ca/.../veterans-devastated-after.../ 13. Abuse of Temporary Foreign Workers program that allowed Corporations to hire foreign workers at 15% less at the expense of Canadians while driving down wages. 14. Uses tragedies such as Boston to create misinformed ‘attack ads’ and Calgary as opportunity to prop himself up as if he were the only PM in history to respond to tragedy. 15. Record number of unconstitutional laws struck down by the courts and still counting. We can all be thankful for past-PM Pierre Elliott Trudeau's Charter of Rights and Freedoms as it is needed now more than ever to allow the courts to strike them down. 16. Internet searches and tapping into phone lines without a warrant. Many will say "no problem" if one has nothing to hide, but fail to realize that it leads to tracking of political activity and harassment through continuous warrantless searches of those who support other parties and violation of personal and private information. 17. Minimum sentences that takes away power for the Judicial sector of the Checks and Balances of government and copies a failed U.S. model that has the highest number of incarcerations and highest crime rate per capita of any first world country. Yet, this will never be applied to his own party, see #1 or criminals from Bay Street. 18. $9 billion on super-jails when the crime rate is at its lowest in 40 years. 19. $3.1 billion missing for the anti-terrorism project. http://www.expressottawa.ca/.../Harper-has-lost-31... 20. EI surplus turned into a deficit. How did this happen when his wasteful Action Plan ad and attack ads claim to have created 900,000 jobs? Where did the money go if he created these jobs? Did the money go to the same place as the missing $3.1 billion, or is it because those 900,000 new jobs were at the expense of lost Canadian jobs that were not factored in, or both? Fact: 67,000 less jobs in Canada. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/.../ottaw.../article11607121/ 21. Law that requires Unions to open their books to the public all in the name of union breaking and race to the bottom. The public does not fund unions and therefore are not entitled to the books. 22. Legislating people back to work without any job action being taken; another example of policy that favour of Big Business. Tell these people about how he has improved the economy along with those he pink-slipped. 23. Scrapping long-form census. By making it OK for citizens to opt out of completing the long-form census, we have a poorer statistical picture of the country — in an era when more sophisticated use of data is proving to be crucial for businesses and politicians. This has been used by the Ajax-Pickering MPP to claim that poverty has been eliminated in Canada. 24. Corporate tax cuts during a recession that have proven not to have been effective with the over $500 billion that they are not using to stimulate the economy. To spend that amount would take spending over $25 million/day for 50 years without interest even being factor in. How much of that money could have been used for a balanced budget and improved standards of living for the middle class? 25. Bill C-60, Harper's Budget Implementation legislation becomes law that allows Harper to exercise control over the wages and working conditions of all CBC employees, including all those who produce news and current affairs programs. In most free and democratic societies, journalists hold governments accountable. 26. Deregulation of banks since gaining a majority. The number one cause of the global recession. Good thing he was on a minority leash during the crash in 2008 and prior to protect us from bank deregulation that he was in favour of, that caused the most damage in the countries that had the least regulation. Watch "Inside Job' on Netflix for the dynamic of this scary legislation that Harper has passed that the minority government protected us from. 27. Silencing scientists who are one of the main components of a progressive society. This is a slippery slope towards complete silencing of freedom of speech. http://www.academicmatters.ca/.../harpers-attack-on.../ 28. Enemy list sent out to new cabinet; another attack on democracy. 29. Increased OAS age to 67 forcing people to work longer. 30. Refuses inquiry back by all provincial premiers into over 600 missing and murdered Aboriginal women. 31. Cuts to food inspection budget. Will this not present a risk to the heath of Canadians and burden the health care system? Cuts in employment to go along with this, doesn’t Harper claim to be a champion of employment? 32. 31% increase in Food Bank Visits. 33. Record deficit and Canadian debt up $150 billion. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/.../feder.../article13452259/ 34. Plans to cut $36 billion in transfer payments to provinces to privatize health care once the current Health Accord expires in 2014. http://rabble.ca/.../harpers-barely-hidden-agenda-to.... Total opposite of Greatest Canadian, Tommy Douglas, who introduced Universal Health Care in Canada while balancing Saskatchewan’s budget 19 times. That is 19 more balanced budgets than Harper. 35. 7000% increase in advertising budgets at National Resources Canada since 2010-2011; along with lobbying against climate change around the world. http://www.vancouversun.com/.../Stephe.../8421180/story.html. 36. $114 billion to bailout the banks during the recession even though the banks recorded a profit and were in no danger of bankruptcy. http://www.cbc.ca/.../2012/04/30/bank-bailout-ccpa.html 37. Allowing confiscation of bank accounts over $100,000 and even many that are less in the event of a bank failure. Again, copying a model, Cypress this time, that does not work. http://canadiantimes.ca/.../504-conservative-2013-budget... 38. Dismantled National child care in favour of $100-a-month cheques to parents. 39. Quietly spends $490 billion on the military. It would take spending close to $25 million/day for 50 years for that money to run out. Money certainly was not used to pay the employees as they got hit with massive cuts at the same time. http://www.cbc.ca/.../federal-government-quietly-releases... 40. While claiming they never raise taxes, the Harper Conservatives have in fact increased the net tax burden on Canadians in each of their last four budgets. It happens in dozens of nefarious ways which they hope you won't notice -- like taxing parking fees at hospitals and dinging Credit Unions for an extra $75-million in income tax. One of their biggest cash-grabs has been constantly escalating Employment Insurance payroll taxes. Starting in 2011, EI premiums have been going up every year by more than $600 million. So to date, Mr. Harper has raked in an additional $3.6 billion. He says he won't force EI rates up any further, but neither will he roll them back to where they were before he imposed these job-killing Conservative payroll tax hikes. Two other Conservative tax increases are also netting Mr. Harper big revenues.: He has hoisted a broad range of tariff-taxes on imported consumer goods -- everything from tricycles to cosmetic wigs for cancer patients -- which will extract some $333 million more per year from the buyers of such products. And small business owners are going to be paying Mr. Harper some $550 million more, thanks to new Conservative taxes imposed on them. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/.../harper-government-taxes... 41. Unprecedented using a loop hole to prevent injured veterans from receiving their pensions just months prior to them qualifying. A disgrace. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/.../rick-mercer-injured... 42. Justice Minister Peter MacKay states that homeless should sell property to pay court fines. http://www.pressprogress.ca/.../justice-minister-says... 43. Stripping of protection of 99% of Canada's 2.5 million lakes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 09:26

Ils veulent tu rirent de nous coup donc!!!! They are laughing at us big time!!!

Seriously, I will be back in Québec in 3 weeks, I am getting in touch with a lawyer who said that he would be willing to give them a little ride. Mr. Bellemare is a well known and reputated lawyer in Quebec. If anyone interested in getting in the train with me, feel free to drop me your name.

I'll keep in touch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2014, 22:28

more cake for our cake holes I assume..Cake; I eat it, it give me energy I can burn, give me more cake m*****s!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2014, 22:03

Ouin.

Last edited by roadkingclaw on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 07:50; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 29 Mar 2014, 20:53

So they are agreeing to pay 5 months of retro, back to when the made the announcement, but nothing before that, and even that is dependant on the budget getting passed. If I had been getting screwed over since 2006, I would be livid.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next