Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+2
loggie
bigrex
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty ELB CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

Post by Ex Member Mon 12 May 2014, 22:21

Yes your right Teen but please don't take these past comments personally. This guys are venting because of the cruel treatment they have received by the GOC and like so many of us we tend to lash outta the people who have tried the most to get this issue addressed? To be honest I believe csat and the veteran organizations are trying their best but when you have a government that won't listen, what can you really do, they booted the last ombudsman for being too vocal and critical! Negotiation is the only way forward and we need calm, intelligent and serious persons to achieve this. This is why csat and you, Teen, have the respect of veterans to represent us and achieve realistic long term goaLs that will in the end benefit everybody. Hammy town is NDP solid and we fight for the little guy. We tremble at the sight of injustice and strive for a proper social balance but with just NDP members of parliament Harper doesn't give a rats ass about the Hammer!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 May 2014, 22:06

Sometimes rules need to be broken and this is one of those times Nav.

Nav it's time for you and your Legion buddies to tell the GoC why they call Hamilton The Hammer!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 21:58

Hey , what about the language rules?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 May 2014, 21:56

meteck and bruce you both can feel and say what you want.  But over the last month I have explained to you exactly what I said above but in a more "polite" manner.  

I know that the Day of Honour was more of a Day of FU from the GoC.  I'm sorry if I pissed you off but sometimes that's the kind of message you need to re-direct your anger.

Take your fight to the press during Rock the Hill.  

Tell them how the GoC is using a 'word' to get out of the Moral Obligation to veterans.

Tell them the New Veterans Charter is worse then any Workman's Compensation plan in all of Canada.

Tell them the very country you swore to defend is tossing you aside like a piece of garbage!

Tell them how the government doesn't give a fuckn' rats ass that you will be living below the poverty line when you turn 65!

Don't yell at us.  Don't get mad at us.  The GoC put you in this position by passing the NVC without properly doing their research.  

Veteran organizations, like VeteranVoice, are not abandoning you.  We are in the grill of VAC and any MP that is not seeing the damage they are causing to you and your families.

As for the "Joe politician" comment bruce...I love it and I'm going to use it if it's ok with you.

For the rest of us on CSAT there is no need to address what bruce and meteck have said. It's history. It's time for us to start the letter and email campaign to our local papers, major news networks, and Members of Parliament.

Tell them the GoC has divided veterans into to many groups and we are fighting...amongst ourselves! Tell them we did not join to defend this country to end up fighting with each other because the GoC say there is no "moral or legal responsibility to veterans". Tell them we as veterans have had enough of this disrespectful treatment and are going to fight. As in fight back!

Last edited by teentitan on Mon 12 May 2014, 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 21:27

You know what you can all go fuck yourselves and teentitan, you sound just like Joe politician, so an extra go fuck yourself is in, order. I'm outta here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 20:43

bruce72 wrote:@ Digger.....There is nothing to perceive, myself and a lot of other vets got ripped off, by those sad sacks of shit in Ottawa.  We didn't get included in the lawsuit because, the suit had a better chance of being won without us. Its plainly obvious.

The definition of the word "perceived" is to become aware or conscious of (something) -  to come to realize or understand or to interpret or look on (someone or something) in a particular way;  so in fairness Bruce72 I would say we are not in disagreement and my post stands as is and supports you not demeans anyone or group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 May 2014, 18:47

Robbie do I look like royalty?!? Sir Dean Teen! No. Just teen will do or shytehead teen. Ain't got the blue blood for royalty. I'm just a typical, hockey lovn', beer drinking, maple syrup Canadian Veteran. LOL

So shytehead teentitan is good enough for me.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 17:46

meteck wrote:so this forum that was created to help get back the clawedback money from elb among other programs has turned into how to determine how much sisip fundage is available to those who have already recievd their coin...not to flog you guys but if that's all that's left of the push for fairness and equality for ALL VETS then im otta here..thanks for the help along the way to those who contributed advice and fact ..there is no fight left in here anymore and frankly after participating in the national day of honour parade and being invited to the gala affair that evening I realize that many of the top veterans in this country are already in the back pocket of the hand that feeds them. dennis manuge did his thing..he won..thankfully..but he also knew elb would take the lawsuit in a different direction and he smartly left that fight to the courts..we got shafted in the end..and I thought there was a chance to unite veterans together for a common cause..i was wrong..there greedy fuckin backslappers too...just like the rest of us...the legion is a joke as it pertains to helping vets in need..and this site has become obsolete..well done to those who got theirs...and too bad for the rest of us..Canadian veterans groups are so splintered and so bought out its a useless endeavor...cheers

wow im gonna take a couple of days for a fully reply but we were just trying to give the best answer we could to a member about ELB,PIA and supplement not SISIP.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 17:28

And that is the point of intrusion right up the pooper troops can't get any better than that, That is why he is called Dean Teen he schools us troops, that Teen I mean Sir Dean Teen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 May 2014, 17:11

To clarify again
SISIP is the plan under the Pension Act
ELB is the plan under the New Veterans Charter

SISIP is a DND policy
ELB is a VAC policy

Dennis Manuge lost LTD pay because of his PA payment
There is no PA payment under the NVC.

THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT POLICIES UNDER TWO DIFFERENT GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS.

You can't lump them together no matter how much you think, try or argue that they are because they are not.

Again LTD is defined as an income
ELB is defined as a benefit

Two different definitions.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 17:05

@ Digger.....There is nothing to perceive, myself and a lot of other vets got ripped off, by those sad sacks of shit in Ottawa. We didn't get included in the lawsuit because, the suit had a better chance of being won without us. Its plainly obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 16:14

Because of my permanent disabilities I only qualify for ELB should SISIP DROP WHATS LEFT OF MY SORRY ASS I would roll over if you will and receive ELB's. I do know that many here, and I for one have assisted scores of veterans right that ELB Turnpike and inform those seeking that knowledge the ability to grow with the whole issue. Many here are like me just trying to help so if you METECK want to call us down or toss out unwarranted insults, go ahead because i know your frustrated and you should be, but not at us look at your local MOP then keep looking upwards, we veterans have been stomped on too much. Apology accepted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 May 2014, 16:07

If anyone wants to read the ugly side of May 9 go to the Latest News bulletin board and read the first two stories.

Particularly Capt Johnson's remarks about his opinion of the event
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 16:03

Meteck, I genuinely empathize with you and your points about ELB and the obvious unfairness of what is perceived by Veterans in respects to Sisip versus ELB benefits and retro.  We should all be treated equally as soldiers but as in the service and post release that isn't always the case ~ seldom is. I am not astute  enough about ELB policies so I can't comment but I believe Teentitan is sincere when he points out the work being done on many fronts. If I may be so bold as to suggest, perhaps among other  legitimate reasons, your frustration is also being expressed as a  result of what you witnessed on the National Day of Honour with Political figure heads and what must feel like an inexcusable betrayal over again. You have our support for what it is worth. I certainly don't judge your anger as I have no right to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Mon 12 May 2014, 15:26

Hey meteck ......... TeenTitan nailed it with his comments ..... pay attention & learn from what is being said ...

Not one of us knows who you're source of ... " intel " is , but man you need new friends , cause that guy screwed you over Royallly .

And Now ....... You've offended all the Troops on here , including those that may have served with you .

We're not on here to maliciously waste anyone's time ..... this site is for the health & welfare of .. The Troops & their families .

Their intel is very much appreciated .... even if we get it a little messed up sometimes , our hearts are always in the right place , and hopefully giving sound advice to you all .

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave
Family of .......7.......
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content