Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit Empty Re: information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

Post by Ex Member Wed 21 Dec 2016, 23:10

ya buds I understand and it just isn't Quebec buds the give in one hand take from the other seems to be everywhere these days and getting worse .

next step will be for the GOC to introduce a new 2000 dollar benefit witch in the end will end up costing you 2000 in the end but I digress .

anyway in the end when I retired the CPPD didn't put anymore money in my pocket because it was deducted from other programs like SISIP .

thing is I did it to effectively freeze my CPP at the level it was at when I retired so that I will get a high CPP value at 65 and all those years of not paying into CPP will not count against me at all.

now I do understand that the programs in Quebec are different and sadly I'm not completely up on those.

now I thought CPP/QPP kind of worked hand in hand that way .

gonna have to do some reading on that to see how they fit together exactly .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit Empty Re: information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

Post by tiger660 Wed 21 Dec 2016, 18:30

Propat,

I will try to explain to you the way it works with my pension. When I got out, I received a Canadian Forces Pension.
I had to go to the St Anne De Bellevue Veteran Hospital as an outpatient (I think that is what you call it), a social worker told me I should apply for the Québec Disability Pension which I did.
To get a Pension from the Québec Government before age 65, you have to be totally invalid there is no half way, you are either invalid or not, which I am.
But all that is , is the money I receive from Québec is deducted from the money I receive from Ottawa. I am not getting more, I am getting the same but from two different places. (Pretty screw up, isn't it. only in Québec loll )

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2016, 17:59

hey tiger 660

ok I thought when you were declared invalid you would have received your CPPD/QPPD ..... guess not .

definitely something you should have done as it could very well effect the amount of your QPP amount when you hit 65 .

this is defiantly something I would suggest you apply for for this reason amongst others and apply soonest .

since you have not applied for the DTC I highly recommend you apply for that as well .

so back to the MIL pension reduction thing . as it stands now you may get CPP/QPP at 65 but the amount is unclear .

sooo the amount of your MIL pension reduction is unclear .

I received max benefit from CPPD and had an average MIL pension . my reduction was about $325.00 .

so at 65 if you get CPP/QPP you will see a a reduction in your MIL pension again how much ???? cant even begin to guess do to the fact you are not on CPPD/QPPD with effectively freezes your CPP/QPP calculations .

if you don't get CPP/QPPD your MIL pension will not be reduced .

clear as mud lol.

propat

Last edited by propat on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 22:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 21 Dec 2016, 16:25

Tiger660 - Trooper is right, it sounds like your CM, is on the ball. I think the past couple of yrs CM where swamped. I think now with more of them, and better training hopefully they will start knowing and putting in for things we need. I know in my case and others on here, who's CM sucked. It was a painful pulling teeth process to get where we should be. The only advise I can give, is go after the PIAs, after you get PIA, and keep all the papers/letters they send you. Johnny, Out,,VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2016, 16:14

tiger660,

Regarding the disability tax credit, what you read on the internet is true, just because your approved for QPPD, or CPPD does not AUTOMATICALLY approve you for the disability tax credit.
The key word here is (automatically) you can still apply, and should apply for the disability tax credit.
They say automatically to make the point of the difference in qualifications between being approved by both, both have their own set of requirements for approval.
Also, they don't want individuals to say that they are approved for the CPPD/QPPD, why did you refuse my disability tax credit.

Lot's of Canadians are receiving the disability tax credit, and can walk.

To learn more about the disability tax credit, visit the Government Benefits category, DTC is short for the disability tax credit.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Wed 21 Dec 2016, 14:22

Propat,

thanks for the info. I did not applied for the disability tax credit, I don't know what that is.

When I was declared invalid by the Québec Government, I read on the internet about the Canadian Pension Disability and it said that not because you were declared invalid by the Québec province means that you will get that also from the Canadian Government. And from what I get gather from the Canadian Government site, is that if you can walk, don't bother to apply. So I can walk, therefore I never bother to apply.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2016, 13:59

hey tiger 660

ok looking at all of that it seems you have a great CM I have a good one as well but that has not always been the case so you are doing good .

seems your CM is on the right track and judging by that I would be almost citrine they are applying for the supplement for you as well as it seems you will more than qualify .

I would not go out of my way to confirm this as not to sound too pushy you want to stay in their good books but next time you are talking to them I would ask if they are applying for that as well for you in a sideways manner you know adding " just out of curiosity " or something like that .

all the supplement is is an extra amount added to your PIA for people in your position . its just over a thousand dollars so a good chunk of change you should get . again seems like your CM is right on the ball so I'm guessing if they have not applied for it already they are probably planning to do so as soon as they get all the info they need .

ya at 65 your MIL pension should remain the same as your MIL pension reduction should have taken place once you went on the QPPD as mine did when I went on CPPD .

have you applied for the disability tax credit yet ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Wed 21 Dec 2016, 06:58

Good morning Propat,

thank you for the info.

In my case, I am 56 years old and I can no longer work because of the many injuries that I have. Neck, back, shoulders, hips etc etc etc. After my 27 years of service, I try to work but it was too painful. I take pain killer pills everyday. I do Physio once a week every week and it has been like that for the past 5 years. This year the Doctor added Massotherapy also once a week.

I have had IRM done for my injuries, but there are no operation that they can do. So basically now they are just trying to relieve as much pain as they can.

A few years back a was declared totally disabled by the Québec Government (VAC has a copy of that report). The case manager from VAC told me she wanted my medical file from Manuvie because I am getting LTD and she does not want me to see another Doctor from VAC in Montréal to fill out more paperwork. She believe that the paperwork from Manuvie and the Québec Government will be good enough to get me the PIA.

You are talking about the PIA Sup, I don't know what it is, can you please explain?

Also, can you please explain what will happen at age 65. I understand that I will no longer receive SISIP LTD and ELB, but what will happen to my Canadian Forces Pension? Will it remain the same of will I get less. Thank you.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2016, 18:29

k I get ya now buds . seems you are accepted for ELB and they are working on the PIA .

the short answer to your question is yes .

I was accepted for the rehab program and continue to do rehab .

I receive both SISIP and ELB along with PIA and PIA sup .

so not Shure about your exact satiation as to your disability or ability to work but applying for the PIA supplement may be your next move if that is not already underway .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2016, 09:44

tiger660,

Pinger is correct, yes you could receive SISIP, ELB Rehab Program and the Permanent Impairment Allowance.

Permanent Impairment Allowance

The Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) is a taxable, monthly benefit—payable for life. The allowance is provided when your career options have been limited because of a service-related illness or injury.

Do I qualify?

You may qualify if you have:

• a severe and permanent impairment for which you have received a disability benefit, and

• a VAC-approved application for rehabilitation services.

How do I apply?

Your VAC case manager can assist you with your application.

If you do not have a case manager, the staff at any VAC office or Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) can assist you.

You can also fill out the application and mail it to us.

OR

If you are registered for My VAC Account, you can apply online now. If you aren’t registered, why wait? Register today.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation/permanent-impairment-allowance

Pinger,

There's no deductions from other sources from the Permanent Impairment Allowance.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 20 Dec 2016, 08:56

" Is it possible for someone to receive SISIP LTD, Rehab Program and Permanent Impairment Allowance? "

As far as I can tell... yes. You could be on the Rehab Program taking a training course or physio while you receive your SISIP LTD $ but NOT the Earnings Loss Benefit $ at the same time.

Another question you will want the answer to tiger is whether or not SISIP claws back or docks your Permanent Impairment Allowance. Someone around here knows... my memory is too screwed up.

pinger
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Tue 20 Dec 2016, 07:15

Good day everyone, I will try to explain my case better.

1. In October I received a letter from Manuvie and CDS, that I send to VAC.
2. 7 November I receive a letter from VAC saying that I was approved for Rehab Program. I phoned VAC asking them what it was, and they explain to me about the 15% that I would get from VAC, so that combine with my SISIP LTD it would get me 90%, ( I understand that no problem)
3. Around 21 November I received a call from a Case Manager from VAC. She told me she would send me a form to sign because she needed some information from Manuvie . She said she believe that I could be entitle to an allowance from VAC. I told her I was receiving SISIP LTD and was approved for the Rehab Program. She explain to me that the Rehab Program was one thing , and she was talking about another thing. I believe she called it the Permanent Impairment Allowance and that if I was approved, that allowance would be for life.

Is it possible for someone to receive SISIP LTD, Rehab Program and Permanent Impairment Allowance? Anybody else in this situation? I hope this will help you understand my case. I get very confuse with all these programs. Thank you.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 23:32

tiger 660

yaaa that seems a little fracked up buds IF you are ONLY on SISP .

every one on SISIP got a letter from them explaining the change but unless you are on ELB you cant get it unless you apply for and get accepted for ELB as ELB are the only ones paying the increase not SISIP .

although I don't get the French you put up I cant for citrine get the complete context of what you are saying so a shot in the dark here ,,,but I'm guessing you are going through the proses of applying for ELB witch is initiated by an application and acceptance for the rehab program . is this correct ????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 19 Dec 2016, 20:14

I concur Trooper. And I ain't even SISIP tiger.

" I talked to someone at VAC last month and the explain to me that I would be getting 15 percent more for the SISIP LTD ( because it is a new program from VAC) and she also asked me to sign a form so that she could get my medical file from Manuvie, so that I could be eligible for the Earn Loss Benefit allowance. This is where I am all confuse, maybe I understood wrong. "

tiger, perhaps you misunderstood your Earn Loss Benefit allowance approval for the 15% Earn Loss Benefit increase to 90 % ? And signing a form could do that, if you have a v, good CM on your side . . .

pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 17:15

tiger660,

I now understand what your saying, you were approved for the VAC, ELB Rehab program, that is why you will see the 15% increase from VAC.

The 15% increase comes from the ELB, now that you are approved for the ELB rehab, that means you are now a dual client of SISIP and ELB.
The VAC ELB rehab is the first step to receive ongoing benefits from the ELB, in other words the 15% increase your going to get is coming from your Earnings Loss Benefit. So you now will get 75% from SISIP and 15% from VAC, Earnings Loss Benefit.

This is a good move on your part, it gives you benefits from two sources, and if you get, or ever have problems with SISIP, you have the ELB to fall back on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum