Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit - Page 2 Empty Re: information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

Post by tiger660 Mon 19 Dec 2016, 17:00

Good day Trooper,

Like I said, the letter I received from Manuvie I send it to VAC. As far as I know, I was only on SISIP LTD, I also receive a pension from VAC for multiple injuries, back, shoulder etc.etc.etc. Perhaps VAC made the application for me, the letter from VAC is in French it says, ACC approuvé votre demand de participation au Programme de services de réadaptation et d'assistance professionnelle et que je suis admissible à une allocation pour perte de revenus. I talked to someone at VAC last month and the explain to me that I would be getting 15 percent more for the SISIP LTD ( because it is a new program from VAC) and she also asked me to sign a form so that she could get my medical file from Manuvie, so that I could be eligible for the Earn Loss Benefit allowance. This is where I am all confuse, maybe I understood wrong. I get the 15 percent increase no problem, but I don't understand about this other thing the Earn Loss Benefit.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit - Page 2 Empty Re: information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 16:35

tiger660,

Are you sure VAC said you were approved for the 15% increase? And not that you are eligible to apply for the 15% increase?

The 90% program is the ELB 15% increase.

If you are already on ELB, the 15% increase is automatic.  

If you are on both ELB and SISIP as a dual client, you need to apply for the 15% increase.

If your only on SISIP, you can apply to VAC to see what the amount comes to, if you decide to apply for Rehab/ELB.
If your only on SISIP, in order to receive the 15% increase you need to apply for the ELB, staring with a ELB, REHAB application.

The Earning Loss Benefit allowance is the (Earning Loss Benefit)  (ELB)

The Earning Loss Benefit ends at age 65.

Those receiving SISIP who were released prior to Jan 1995, receive the benefit for life.
Those receiving SISIP who were released after Jan 1995, will see their benefit end at age 65.

Back to top Go down

information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit - Page 2 Empty information is required please, for the new program 90 percent and earning loss benefit

Post by tiger660 Mon 19 Dec 2016, 16:03

Good day, In October I received a letter from MANUVIE and the CDS, telling me to contact VAC, for the 90 percent program, which I did. I have received a letter from VAC on the 7 November telling me I was approved for the 90 percent (because I am on SISIP LTD). It also say in the letter that I could be eligible for the Earning Loss Benefit allowance. I received a email today that it was approved and I will be getting a letter shortly. I know what the 90 percent is, but can someone please explain to me what the Earning Loss Benefit allowance is ??? I never applied for that, in the letter of 7 November, VAC says that after review of my medical file I could be eligible for the ELB allowance. Thank you. I do believe that the 90 percent program ends when we turn 65. What about the ELB program ?

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2