Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement

2 posters

Go down

Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and  Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement Empty Re: Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement

Post by czerv Sat 25 Mar 2017, 14:00

Thank you Vet1234

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and  Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement Empty Re: Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement

Post by Vet1234 Sat 25 Mar 2017, 13:45

I don't think they can post the new application for the Caregiver Recognition Benefit until Apr 1, when the legislation takes effect. On that note, I think if you were receiving the old benefit, it will switch over. They will require banking info for the caregiver though.
As for the CIA... we will be automatically re-assessed if we receive the PIA currently. VAC informed me that they should have all the info needed to reassess, but will contact us if they need more.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Sat 25 Mar 2017, 12:52

PIA changing to CIA April 1st? Am I understending it correctly that at least those on level 3 should be automatically re-evaluated/assessed? My CM is useless and she will not 'volunteer' that info or evaluation.
New 'Caregiver' $$ assistance: do not see any applicatin forms available for that on VAC page.
How would one go about it and what are the criteria?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and  Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement Empty Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2017, 18:45

Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and  Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement (PIAS)

The Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) is a taxable, monthly benefit—payable for life. The allowance is provided when your career options have been limited because of a service-related illness or injury.

Do I qualify?

You may qualify if you have:

• a severe and permanent impairment for which you have received a disability benefit,

and

• a VAC-approved application for rehabilitation services.

How do I apply?

Your VAC case manager can assist you with your application.

If you do not have a case manager, the staff at any VAC office or Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) can assist you.

You can also fill out the application and mail it to us.

OR

If you are registered for My VAC Account, you can apply online now. If you aren’t registered, why wait? Register today.

PIA supplement

If VAC has designated you as totally and permanently incapacitated, you may also qualify for the Permanent Impairment Allowance supplement.

NOTE: Totally and Permanently Incapacitated is a requirement for the Permanent Impairment Allowance supplement , it is not a requirement for the Permanent Impairment Allowance.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation/permanent-impairment-allowance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum