Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC

+6
Iceman
Vet1234
bog6
czerv
metaller
tiger660
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC - Page 2 Empty Re: APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 16:29

I just looked on myVAC and it says they are sending me a medical questionaire for re-assessment , is the link to that form on this site because I couldn`t find it on their site. I would just as soon print it off myself and take it to my doctor than wait who knows how long form them to send me one.

Back to top Go down

APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC - Page 2 Empty Re: APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC

Post by bigrex Thu 18 May 2017, 15:33

I agree that it is frustrating.You have them on the phone, you've already answered all their security questions, so why wouldn't they have the ability to at least tell you the percentage. This is our information after all.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 18 May 2017, 13:23

myVac finally said my reassesment was completed. even though i have it marked paperless nothing came though

talked to vac, he wouldn't say what the amount was, but that there was a payment option form, so there is at least an increase. suggested sending a mail to myvac asking for a copy though the system to speed things up.

i sent the request, and got a reply saying too bad, so sad.. they cant' send that through my vac. only 2 types of decisions can be sent, and this was not one of them. i don't know why they can't just scan and upload... a no brainer on that one to me.

don't have a CM, as i got dropped into the general pool. doesn't really matter, the last time i had to go into VAC, it took weeks for my PTSD to recover from that trip.

I guess i will wait the month or so it takes for mail from vac to come through, and then submit the payment option though myvac (see if they will at least accept that)

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 09 May 2017, 23:52

Vet1234 wrote:Payment office is super backed up  
Was approved a DA increase March 28.  Applied on aug4 2016.  Just said completed today.  I went to office to sign payment option paper and asked them to fax it to pay processing and get it done asap.   Might wanna try that.
Your CM should know 'll the details

I don't have a cm. had a great one, when I first started filing, then he let me know they hired more people and his workload got split, as he was double loaded.

New one called me emailed me once, then said would get a hold of me in a month or 2. That was 2 years ago. Found out recently when I asked, that my file was not assigned to any specific cm any more.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 09 May 2017, 22:17

Payment office is super backed up
Was approved a DA increase March 28. Applied on aug4 2016. Just said completed today. I went to office to sign payment option paper and asked them to fax it to pay processing and get it done asap. Might wanna try that.
Your CM should know 'll the details
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 09 May 2017, 22:06

Vet1234 wrote:ICEMAN what day did they say it hit the payment desk?

Have you received your payment Yet?  Mine is still at step 3. Talked to them, and they said it has been in the payment office, and nothing new since the beginning of April on mine. Maybe in the next week or 2. So we are looking at 8 weeks just in the payment office. Then the letter still needs to be sent out, say what 3-4 weeks after that. Then the turn around for payment options another month..

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed 19 Apr 2017, 13:38

i called last week, thursday i think. she said it went to the office to process payments the week before....

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:16

ICEMAN what day did they say it hit the payment desk?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:10

I don't think they can handle the BS they created. For sure, will ask for hireing more of them to look 'after well-being' of veterans

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:39

vet, same here. all docs received early dec. they told me it has been completed and it at the payment desk. she said that with the topup things have been a little backed up, and could take 2-3 weeks.
for MyVac update, i think something is going on there. I never did receive a message on myVac about the topup, but did get the letter monday (yes i have paperless selected). nothing shows up in myVac in the payment section for that either.

in addition, it doesn't show my PA payment date for april. it is almost as if myvac is not getting updated

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 09:49

I applied for DA reassessment Aug 4 , 2016. All documents received November 2016. Called yesterday and apparently it's at "pay processing" as of April 7. No decision letter yet and myVac says it's still at step 3.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 19 Apr 2017, 08:40

Couple of week ago I sent few questions through MyVac and ... no answers.

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Apr 2017, 02:33

Good advice bog6. In January last year I applied for PIA (CIA) through My VAC Account. The application was processed and approved in 16 weeks. I then applied for a reassessment for PTSD in April 2016 all necessary documents received by VAC by July 25th and was subsequently awarded an additional 15%,  by end of September 2016.

I suspect for whatever reason, applications received through My VAC Account are actioned quicker than mailed in applications.

Good luck everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 23:51

Tiger 660, Try using My Vac Account online when submitting. this sway you can see how the progress is moving forward and you will ensure that they did receive your documents.

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 18 Apr 2017, 20:52

I wandered many times why they could not fit the signature on the first page.
I will look for some of those letters and post the names of those 'signed'.

Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum