Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC

+6
Iceman
Vet1234
bog6
czerv
metaller
tiger660
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC Empty Re: APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS WITH VAC

Post by Loader Fri 26 May 2017, 20:06

Artie Simm wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
Loader wrote:11 months start to finish, all done through My VAC account with no CM involvement.  

I applied for three separate disability benefits in 01 June 2016, was advised in early Dec I had received awards for all three.

Re-assessment forms were submitted 13 Dec 2016.

Payment options forum received 25 May 17.

The VIP application was approved within days as I had applied for it after I had been advised I had been granted awards for my three disability benefits.

I queried VAC on several occasions via secure message on where my file was in the process, but only ever received the standard "we have received your request and forwarded to the appropriate department" reply.

Hope this helps.
"all on line" didn`t you have to see a Dr. for reassessment?
"payment options" what do they look like, what else is there other than lump sum or monthly?

Two choices as follows;

Lump sum and annual payments - Indicate the amount of lump sum you would like to receive
and indicate how many years you would like to receive annual payments: $

Annual payments - Indicate how many years you would like to receive annual payments:
years.

Lump sum payment - If you choose this option, you will receive $ XXX
as soon as possible.

The form goes on to state;

You may be eligible for reimbursement of fees, to a maximum of $500, for financial advice provided
by someone who is primarily engaged in the business of providing financial advice.

If you elect annual payments (or a lump sum and annual payments):

• Your first annual payment (or lump sum) will be made as soon as possible, and the remaining
annual payments will be made at the end of the anniversary month of your decision.

Interest will be calculated on your annual payments at a rate that is similar to the return on a Government of
Canada Savings Bond or a three month Treasury Bill. The Disability Award and any interest are
tax-free.

Hope this helps
Loader
Loader
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Loader Fri 26 May 2017, 19:49

Artie Simm wrote:
Loader wrote:11 months start to finish, all done through My VAC account with no CM involvement.  

I applied for three separate disability benefits in 01 June 2016, was advised in early Dec I had received awards for all three.

The VIP application was approved within days as I had applied for it after I had been advised I had been granted awards for my three disability benefits.

I queried VAC on several occasions via secure message on where my file was in the process, but only ever received the standard "we have received your request and forwarded to the appropriate department" reply.

Hope this helps.

Saw a nurse, the Doc just signed the forms. I meant on line vice using snail mail
Loader
Loader
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 May 2017, 17:26

Artie Simm wrote:

Hope this helps.
"payment options" what do they look like, what else is there other than lump sum or monthly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 May 2017, 17:25

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri 26 May 2017, 15:41

Loader wrote:
Iceman wrote:This morning, gdecision letter, and payment options showed up in myVac. the payment options was also an online submittable PDF form.

the response i received from the analyst when i asked for an online copy on the same day was incorrect. he said it would not be available online

Interesting, one of my co-workers was also told last week he could not get the payment option form online, yet two days later mine was in my inbox.....confused

enhancements are being made to myVac, yet the golden book of standard answers they all use is not being updated with the changes

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Loader Fri 26 May 2017, 12:11

Iceman wrote:This morning, gdecision letter, and payment options showed up in myVac. the payment options was also an online submittable PDF form.

the response i received from the analyst when i asked for an online copy on the same day was incorrect. he said it would not be available online

Interesting, one of my co-workers was also told last week he could not get the payment option form online, yet two days later mine was in my inbox.....confused
Loader
Loader
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loader Fri 26 May 2017, 12:04

11 months start to finish, all done through My VAC account with no CM involvement.  

Hope this helps.
Loader
Loader
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 12:37

Iceman wrote:Artie, i had a request for a reassement, july 1 last year. the final decision and payment was finished the end of march (still waiting for payment). so don't expect a 16 week turn around.

as well, in your case, since you are PA for PTSD, any increase in PTSD would also be PA, so your monthly amount would  go up
wow, I was only going off their site stating a 12 week turn around not 16...why doesn`t VAC be honest/realistic and just say 20 week turn around so Vets can expect the need to weather the storm a lot longer than advertised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 25 May 2017, 11:46

Artie, i had a request for a reassement, july 1 last year. the final decision and payment was finished the end of march (still waiting for payment). so don't expect a 16 week turn around.

as well, in your case, since you are PA for PTSD, any increase in PTSD would also be PA, so your monthly amount would go up

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 11:39

Bruce72 wrote:Good advice bog6. In January last year I applied for PIA (CIA) through My VAC Account. The application was processed and approved in 16 weeks. I then applied for a reassessment for PTSD in April 2016 all necessary documents received by VAC by July 25th and was subsequently awarded an additional 15%,  by end of September 2016.

I suspect for whatever reason, applications received through My VAC Account are actioned quicker than mailed in applications.

Good luck everyone.
I applied for CIA through my CM 13 weeks ago. The Myaccount site says decisions take 12 weeks. I phoned VAC at the 13 week mark, they said they would put an "overdue decision notice" on my application. whoop-dee-do, why didn`t they put a "decison is due next week" notice at the 11 week mark. I`m glad I`m not counting on this money to get by, but I can see why Veteran`s in dire straits end up killing themselves, when they can`t adequately provide for themselves or family.
This week I got a phone call from my Psychologist asking me to come in for a PTSD reassessment since it`s been a decade since my original diagnosis. Assuming I`ve only become worse mentally in the 12 years since release, I can only imagine how long it will take VAC to make any new updates to my file.
I was released under the monthly pension plan. If there is an increase in my percentage assessment, would this be a lump sum or would VAC just raise the amount I`m getting monthly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri 19 May 2017, 09:47

This morning, gdecision letter, and payment options showed up in myVac. the payment options was also an online submittable PDF form.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 19 May 2017, 01:30

Hi Iceman,
I suspect the reason VAC will not tell you the outcome of your reassessment over the phone is that they are trying to avoid any kind of conflict. No one likes to give negative news over the phone especially if your expecting a higher amount but the decision makers settled on a lower reassessment percentage. Even if it is good news, their rules are still the same 'Do not relay benefits decisions to applicants!' It takes the burden off their shoulders and they can sleep at night not having to deliver bad or good news to anyone. So instead, we are the one getting zero sleep waiting for the decision letters to arrive in the mail box! That just my thoughts!
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 18 May 2017, 18:55

I for one choose NOT to ever have a myVaC account at all.
To each their own.. Just my personal preference

And w and/or w/o an active cm I've made out just fine.

Registered mail stuff to C or Matane, shy of going to a close D.O. where everything (It took me weeks to recover lol)
got everything stamped received, and photocopied for my records.

Have a safe weekend everyone.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 18 May 2017, 18:27

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 18 May 2017, 17:41

bigrex wrote:I agree that it is frustrating.You have them on the phone, you've already answered all their security questions, so why wouldn't they have the ability to at least tell you the percentage. This is our information after all.

i had one VAC person tell me the percentage last month, so i know what it is going up to.
it is there, they can see it, even if they tell you they can't.
My PTSD however has me stressing however.., is the delay due to them playing with the numbers etc to mess me over...

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next