Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled level

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disabled level - Page 2 Empty Disabled level

Post by Iceman Fri 19 May 2017, 10:37

as far as i can tell, veteran affairs classifies disability into levels, low medium, serious and frail

my question.
due to a reassessment, I have gone from a "low" rating, into the medium rating

Can anyone tell me if there a difference in what benefits are now available?
** i am both PA and DA, and only receive basic PA, in addition to the award amount

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Low
less than 48%

Medium disabled
Medium disabled is the term used to describe those veteran pensioners or civilian pensioners whose extent of disability, in respect of the aggregate of all of their disability assessments under the Pension Act and the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act is equal to or greater than 48%, but less than 78%.

Seriously disabled
Seriously disabled, in relation to a client, means that the client's extent of disability, in respect of the aggregate of all of the client's disability assessments under the Pension Act and the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act, is equal to or greater than 78%. (Only clients with at least a portion of their disability related to service in WWI, WWII, or the Korean War may be eligible for benefits as seriously disabled).

Totally disabled
Totally disabled, in the context of programs under the Veterans Health Care Regulations (VHCR), means 'frailty'.

Frail pensioner
Frail pensioner means a Veteran pensioner, a civilian pensioner, a special duty service pensioner, a military service pensioner, or a former member or reserve member of the Canadian Armed Forces that is entitled to a Disability Award; who is considered to be at risk due to frailty. Frailty, in this instance, is defined as the occurrence of a critical mass of physiological conditions that place an individual at risk for falls, injuries, illnesses or the need for supervision or hospitalization. Frailty also results in a severe and prolonged impairment of function with little or no likelihood of improvement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2