Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heat turned up over Liberal promise of lifetime pension for wounded veterans

+2
Teentitan
czerv
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heat turned up over Liberal promise of lifetime pension for wounded veterans Empty Re: Heat turned up over Liberal promise of lifetime pension for wounded veterans

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 15:46

Dannypaj wrote:Glad to see that "we veterans" are becoming less camera shy and more of a powerful influence on society, plus holding Government accountable at the same time..
Keep raising our voices! This will only make it harder for government to use us as political voting pawns.
Continue on making it expensive to send a man or women to war, since most our elected officials come from money, unlike us NCOs who may or may not of had much of a choice in life.

Agreed Danny, keep raising our voices by going public for all to see. The government is real good at fooling the public, we need to set things straight by going public more often. The meetings are a complete waste of time, and they may be doing us more harm than good, a change in tactics are needed, a change in direction by taking control of our concerns in a way that cannot be influenced by any government.

Back to top Go down

Heat turned up over Liberal promise of lifetime pension for wounded veterans Empty Re: Heat turned up over Liberal promise of lifetime pension for wounded veterans

Post by Dannypaj Fri 02 Jun 2017, 08:51

P.s His only asking for 8 grams a day, not the full 10?
Centric approach...allow access to 8 grams as prescribed (let him and his CMO work out they rest).
If it is keeping this brother alive, so be it! Who are the pencil pusher and bean counters to decide?
Power to you brother and keep fighting the good fight.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 02 Jun 2017, 08:42

Glad to see that "we veterans" are becoming less camera shy and more of a powerful influence on society, plus holding Government accountable at the same time..
Keep raising our voices! This will only make it harder for government to use us as political voting pawns.
Continue on making it expensive to send a man or women to war, since most our elected officials come from money, unlike us NCOs who may or may not of had much of a choice in life.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 02 Jun 2017, 08:33

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/veteran-claims-government-is-reducing-his-daily-dosage-of-medical-marijuana-1.3440662

Painting us into a corner?
Or waiting out until it becomes totally legal and sold and taxed like alcohol making us addicts in the process....
Recreational or for medicinal purpose?
No cannabis used for recreational purpose here, strictly pain and mental wound management.
HELP your wounded veterans

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 01 Jun 2017, 17:43

Yup, you got 'er bosn181  " can't trust any one of them parties to tell the truth " Evil or Very Mad
That's one reason so many folks don't even vote. I'm apolitical but at least still vote

I gotta say, this topic really made my morning when I heard it on the CBC morning news the other day.
If it was in the media much more often, something would change for the better.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Thu 01 Jun 2017, 10:12

100% with you boson181.
Change them every four years: no time to get their pensions!

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 01 Jun 2017, 08:51

i think the libs will have a hard time selling there lies and smoke and mirrors on anything they say going forward they say something that sounds good but when the smoke clears you see that many people getting shafted and for some programs that they changed the name they also made it harder for people to get that have not already been on it so i don't see many things getting better than they are now i hope they will but until its in the bank can't trust any one of them parties to tell the truth

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 16:41

Great points made by all.

I would differ a bit on the merits stated of what has been implemented thus far from the Liberals. What I do agree on is that what has changed and or implemented by the Liberals so far is clearly more than the Conservatives brought forward in their 3 different terms in power. The Conservatives are not Veteran friendly, that's clear, but my problem with this Liberal government is the lack of leadership in terms of the way the Veterans file has been handled by way of what has been implemented, and what has not been implemented. The offices should have never been made a priority, this was made priority to create jobs period. The ELB top up was without a doubt welcomed, but it failed to hold it's merits by way of changing the guidelines from Corporal to senior private. The lump sum retro also was welcomed, but also failed to hold it's merits by way of reducing the payments from the CPI moving in reverse. So as far as I'm concerned, The Liberals may be a bit better, but still use the same tactics as the other governing party.

The lifelong pension is what moved most Veterans to vote Liberal. We will find out later this year what will detail this lifelong pension, I think this announcement, when made, will speak for itself in terms of what the majority of Veterans feel towards this government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 31 May 2017, 11:08

You missed my point Rex. By turning your back and walking away from politicians they are eventually going to get it...details is what voters want. Any way you want to vote is your choice, like I have always said.

I'm just seeing way too much speculation which is leading to anger, anxiety and stress in the veteran community about the lifelong pension. Not to mention the infighting of veteran groups. If there was more details on how and what lifelong pension JT was promising then vets wouldn't be wound tighter then a $3 watch!

Another thing to remember it was veterans that had Blais removed from the Advisory Group not VAC or the Liberals. Blais passion for the return of the PA shows that the rest of the Advisory Group did not agree with the return of the lifelong PA payment and they grew tired of him.

I agree the ELB bump was a great Liberal promise but the lump sum top up was not a Liberal move. It was a court mandated rule from the Equitas lawsuit. So the Rhino party could be in charge of Canada and it still would have been implemented.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 31 May 2017, 11:08

i agree bigrex i don't forget where we were and were we have gone i know there is still more to do but as far as i can see i don't see any other party saying what they would do for us. so far the only improvements i have gotten in last 9 years was under this gov that has made any big difference to me and my family

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 31 May 2017, 10:22

While I agree that it would be better to get more details than less, I won't say that Veterans shouldn't vote for a party, based on incomplete details. Like this last election, the Tories were only promising a Veterans' ID card. So they could have printed off every card, and showed it to us, saying that it would merely have to be mailed out if they won, and it would still not have earned my vote. Yet the Liberals promises, even without details during the election, has still put more money in my pocket, with the increased ELB, and the lump sum top up. That would not have happened with either of the other parties. And hopefully they will provide us with a new pension sometime in the near future.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 31 May 2017, 00:48

Trooper, you wrote " ...get them to put the details in writing... "
That ain't gonna happen even if they signed it or gave their WORD, it isn't worth shyte imo.
Pretty sad but true, just look at when media reporters emphasize some a simple yes or no question. So often they avoid it and tap dance around the question like Fred Astaire or their "promise" with more words... shy of acting classes...toastmasters anyone?

JMO of course
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 18:16

teentitan wrote:It's time for veterans to stop believing in campaign promises!

It's time for veterans to get clarity of a campaign promise by forcing the politician to explain in detail how they are going to implement change for veterans.

I said this during the campaign that JT was blowing smoke up our keesters to buy votes.  It is time for veterans to tell politicians that our votes cannot be bought...they have to be earned.  And the first step to earning our vote is telling us how they are going to implement changes to the NVC.

Mike Blais said veterans are not stupid so instead of acting like lemmings in the next election and voting for the best promise demand detailed explanations of their promise

If the politician is afraid to explain how he/she is going to implement the changes because they don't want the opposition to steal their idea then turn your back to them and walk away.  

Eventually politicians will learn that veteran issues are not promises...they are an obligation to the very people who sacrificed life, body and mind for their right to be in a voting democratic society.

Well said Teen, I remember when those promises were made by the Liberals CSAT was scrambling to get answers as to what were the details of the promises, in particular the lifelong pension. We could not get an answer from anyone including Leslie himself. So yeah, get them to put the details in writing, if they refuse, walk away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 30 May 2017, 14:56

It's time for veterans to stop believing in campaign promises!

It's time for veterans to get clarity of a campaign promise by forcing the politician to explain in detail how they are going to implement change for veterans.

I said this during the campaign that JT was blowing smoke up our keesters to buy votes.  It is time for veterans to tell politicians that our votes cannot be bought...they have to be earned.  And the first step to earning our vote is telling us how they are going to implement changes to the NVC.

Mike Blais said veterans are not stupid so instead of acting like lemmings in the next election and voting for the best promise demand detailed explanations of their promise

If the politician is afraid to explain how he/she is going to implement the changes because they don't want the opposition to steal their idea then turn your back to them and walk away.  

Eventually politicians will learn that veteran issues are not promises...they are an obligation to the very people who sacrificed life, body and mind for their right to be in a voting democratic society.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 29 May 2017, 18:52

Thanks Michael Blais and Bill Kelly for that piece.
I hope that the new Conserv Party leader will start talking about his 'promises' to veterans now.
As I said, voting for non-libtards next time. One term is enough for them (with no time to get pension).
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next