Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disability Application status at stage 3

+9
RCN-Retired
Dameon
Nemo
Tilap61
Rustytheviking
thunderbolt
bosn181
Dannypaj
Bigbrook
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Disability Application status at stage 3 Empty Re: Disability Application status at stage 3

Post by Raven Thu 11 Jan 2018, 14:58

The wait just got shorter. At some time in the last 24hrs, the application reached 'completed' status. Now a letter I guess. Still waiting but finally some headway.

Raven
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-01-09

Back to top Go down

Disability Application status at stage 3 Empty Re: Disability Application status at stage 3

Post by bigrex Tue 09 Jan 2018, 19:38

Unfortunately, it can take a crap load of time. My first application for OA lumbar spine, was submitted in 2005, which was denied all the way through both levels of appeal, because VRAB didn't think I was suffering from a disability. It was resubmitted in 2011, after a CT scan showed major damage that would not have been seen in the previous X-rays, and emergency surgery to partially remove 3 disks, That took over 40 weeks for the first approval. Since then, I've had some incremental wins but am finally awaiting the decision from VRAB, that could cap me at 100% (payment, not disability). So 13 years since I was first diagnosed, to possibly receiving the maximum compensation possible
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Tue 09 Jan 2018, 17:47

Tilap61,
I have had a disability application suspended in the past and could not get a straight answer from my initial enquiry on the "my vac account".  After I got an email from  someone, I was advised they had reviewed the medical information submitted by both my doctor and myself regarding the "type of disability" then "suspended" my application for about a week or so.  It was then reactivated again with a different medical term for the type of disability (e.g.  I submitted application for "Chronic low back pain"  but then it was renamed to "Osteoarthritis-Lumbar").

I am uncertain how you are communicating with VAC.  If I may suggest is to use the email system on the "my vac account" to make any enquiry as this saves the messages between you and the VAC employee.  There is a written record then of the communication so you don't get into a "he said, she said" situation.

Hope you get an  answer soon.

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Tue 09 Jan 2018, 17:40

Raven
Hang in there bud! Two years ago, it took me over 56 weeks from my initial application to a decision. Right now I have two disability applications that were submitted on August 1, 2017 (21 weeks ago). My family doctor filled out his forms and submitted same to VAC in mid-December and both are still at Stage 2. On a positive note, the reassessment process for a disability seems to take much less time.

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Tue 09 Jan 2018, 17:15

Sigh, THIRTY-FIVE freaking weeks and only now at Stage 3?

Raven
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Thu 30 Nov 2017, 15:10

Anybody ever seen that? I Never or heard of it. In my disability application status I went from level 3 to suspended. Call vac 3 times getting different answers every time??????

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 28 Nov 2017, 19:42

Stage 3 basically means that all the paperwork has been sent to PEI, and is awaiting adjudication. It's all smoke and mirrors to make veterans believe that someone is actually looking at their file. The truth is it could be on someone's desk, buried under hundreds of other files, and still be several months away from getting a decision.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 08:06

it means they have all the info they need and now it can take a while to get to you if you call vac and see when your service start date is on your file not when you put it in but when they started it then you can also ask then what month they are currently working on and get a rough idea how long it will take for an answer on your claim good luck hope it all goes good but now its sit back and wait game and it can take a while

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Mon 27 Nov 2017, 15:38

That means they’re working on it, or it’s ready to be worked on. They’re currently working on applications from September 2016, so depending on when you submitted your claim will see when it’s completed

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sat 18 Nov 2017, 14:18

Danny - I was thinking of you today brother, and wondering how things are? I thought the claims where long when I went Thur the redtape, but now it’s beyond stupid. How the heck does it take 52 was plus. So much for new hires.
They now have about 3 wks before Xmas break and yr end too announce the new Lifetime policy. Hold onto your rear brothers in arms, it’s going to get interesting. My thinking is the announcement will be last day before Xmas break. Then they won’t hear the backlash until Jan. I’m sure like me a lot of anxiety is in the Vet community waiting for this so called 2 year long plan they have been dreaming up. Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sat 18 Nov 2017, 12:50

This is just MAJOR bullshit. Unacceptable. And the Liberals are half way thru their term and still have not done anything to fix the system. And by the looks of it, the Liberals stand a good chance of being re-elected in 2019.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 18 Nov 2017, 06:40

Here  is something that is disheartening.
When you ask a fellow Veteran, who submitted the same entitlement benefit and received it within three weeks of applying and others like myself have been waiting and watching the clock since June for an answer.
Applied for the same benefit, mine is still in process (since June), but yet another individual applied last month and got an answer within 3 weeks!
Come ON now! Wish the GoC/VAC would stop the BS.
All VAC staff, must be instructed by those Yucky-T-yuks in Ottawa on how to manipulate in deceive Canadian Veterans.
Problem with me having to wait for decisions, "is that I can't make a move"; until they (GoC) makes a move.
In my case, the ball is in their court.
And if they don't get it right.
I'll forward my files to a bunch of fellow Vets and go from there.
Are you tired of being deceived/mislead/mistreated?  
My Father and I have been for many years.
Public Servants,
Keep in mind that you're protecting Canada's Elite, "do your job and don't be intimated by the folks up in the upper echelons".
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sat 18 Nov 2017, 00:42

Reading all this I just cannot fathom how VAC gets away with telling their lies to the public on all that they are doing. Waiting months and even years is totally a failure on VAC. But somehow the Canadian public and news agencies are believing the BS that comes out of the governments mouth. Shame on them, one can only hope that for those bureaucrats causing Vets to committ suicide and not receive benefits that they are entitled that their due will come.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dameon Fri 17 Nov 2017, 21:02

Sometimes, it just depends. My first application included 6 different body parts, and it took 18 months before the cheque arrived for the 4 that I was approved. The last application I put in took 6 weeks before the cheque showed up. Don't try to put any logic to it. It doesn't hurt to call VAC, or send them a message over My VAC just to ask. They probably won't be able to give you an answer, but maybe some reassurance.

Dameon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Disability Application status at stage 3 Empty Disability Application status at stage 3

Post by Bigbrook Thu 16 Nov 2017, 17:57

Application now in week 32 . Anyone think of an excuse other then " higher volume then normal" Its been at stage 3 for about 20 weeks??????? Are others having similar results?

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2017-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next