Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep dentistry for a PTSD patient

2 posters

Go down

Sleep dentistry for a PTSD patient Empty Re: Sleep dentistry for a PTSD patient

Post by saslie Mon 26 Jun 2017, 00:41

Thanks for sharing.

saslie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 16:39

saslie wrote:Hey, my father retired from the Army after thirty years of glorious service. He is now enjoying his retirement life with us. These days, he is complaining about frequent toothaches. We have tried experimenting all the tips to reduce the pain. My mother has made him chew clove-mints to soothe the pain. But, all of them gave only a temporary relief and the pain would resume immediately after the effect is gone.
He is scared to visit the dentist. Also, he met with an accident last month in which his life was saved miraculously. But, he has not fully recovered from the accident yet.
On visiting a dentist, my father was asked to have a root canal. I heard that it is very difficult for a person with PTSD to undergo dental treatments. A friend of mine mentioned about a dental clinic which provides sleep dentistry ( http://www.pearldentalburlington.com/services-sedation_dentistry ) in Burlington. She told that this process helps the person to be calm and relaxed during the dental procedure.
Does anybody over here know about this treatment? Is it safe for my dad to undergo this treatment? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions.

Perhaps there's someone who has experienced major dental work who has PTSD, and knows of treatments to calm the person during the procedure who can respond to your post.

My advice would be to talk this over with the dentist who is looking after your father. They would be the best choice in at least giving you the different options, or the best options. The dentist always has your full medical history which includes any or all meds taken, making the dentist the best person to guide you through the available options.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 15 Jun 2017, 09:54

hopefully you find the answers you need trooper is a wealth of knowledge

Last edited by bosn181 on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 22:57; edited 1 time in total

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Sleep dentistry for a PTSD patient Empty Sleep dentistry for a PTSD patient

Post by saslie Thu 15 Jun 2017, 07:46

Hey, my father retired from the Army after thirty years of glorious service. He is now enjoying his retirement life with us. These days, he is complaining about frequent toothaches. We have tried experimenting all the tips to reduce the pain. My mother has made him chew clove-mints to soothe the pain. But, all of them gave only a temporary relief and the pain would resume immediately after the effect is gone.
He is scared to visit the dentist. Also, he met with an accident last month in which his life was saved miraculously. But, he has not fully recovered from the accident yet.
On visiting a dentist, my father was asked to have a root canal. I heard that it is very difficult for a person with PTSD to undergo dental treatments. A friend of mine mentioned about a dental clinic which provides sleep dentistry ( http://www.pearldentalburlington.com/services-sedation_dentistry ) in Burlington. She told that this process helps the person to be calm and relaxed during the dental procedure.
Does anybody over here know about this treatment? Is it safe for my dad to undergo this treatment? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions.

saslie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down