Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC Processing Claims (June 2016)

+6
Hab2013
Tilap61
pinger
bog6
Vet1234
Derf
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

VAC Processing Claims (June 2016) Empty Re: VAC Processing Claims (June 2016)

Post by Vet1234 Fri 01 Sep 2017, 21:59

By the Bay wrote:What I don't understand is why VAC is not operating 24/7 in order to catch up on those delayed application/claims.

This should be a ' All Hands on Deck' approach!

VAC states that they are striving to improve the turn around times for processing Disability Claims....Hello? Add a darn night shift people!

I swear common sense has gone out the window!

So if it takes 4 months to complete 1 month worth of claims. It will take VAC 40 months to complete my file!

This is BS...

Cheers,
By the Bay

exactly!  if it was a priority they would ask parliament for the resources to fix the problem.  it obviously isn't important to them. for shame.
they could use the 200 million VAC tossed back to the FED to figure their crap out.

Last edited by bigrex on Sat 02 Sep 2017, 15:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for language)
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Derf Thu 31 Aug 2017, 13:17

I spoke with VAC over the phone yesterday. I will no longer be messaging them. As I have found that their preferred method of communication is through MyVac account, as they only provide you with a quick answer to get rid of you and you simply can't elaborate as easily.
When I spoke with them, I pressed the time line for claims. I had a friend submit a claim for hearing loss and it was completed and check sent within 16 weeks. When I asked why that was, they responded that hearing issues are flagged and have dedicated system to complete them. I told her that PTSD had the same system where it was also streamlined. She agreed and asked me to wait. She then came back and said the they were processing claims from July 2016. But that I was correct that ptsd was flagged and assessed by a special team. She also stated that she had seen that the average turn around for ptsd claim was 31 weeks, but they strive for 16 weeks. When I told her that mine was at 36 weeks. There was no answer to why.

Derf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 24 Aug 2017, 18:03

What I don't understand is why VAC is not operating 24/7 in order to catch up on those delayed application/claims.

This should be a ' All Hands on Deck' approach!

VAC states that they are striving to improve the turn around times for processing Disability Claims....Hello? Add a darn night shift people!

I swear common sense has gone out the window!

So if it takes 4 months to complete 1 month worth of claims. It will take VAC 40 months to complete my file!

This is BS...

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 24 Aug 2017, 17:45

Derf. - as one with ptsd, and other issues, I can say I know what this head of ours is like. I am part of a gp of Vets that 90 percent, have switched off the pills too marijauna. Most of us take the oil. It has helped my sleep, and the hamster and anxiety has slowed in the daytime. Just saying maybe it's not your thing. You need to tell them you request a CM, then start doing assessments with a pscy, and get the red tape started. We on here who have been thru it all, assessments, DEC,CIA, CIAS, VIP, etc, etc, will tell you it's a process. Sometimes there seems no end to it. I just hope you have the fight in you to get er done.
You have come across an awesome forum. And we who have been in the trenches with VAC, can help you. Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Derf Thu 24 Aug 2017, 17:21

I received a response from my Member of Parailement today. Wants me to meet with someone from their office. So I'll approach it like they have a genuine desire to help. It's not the opposition for the VAC but it's a member of the Conservative party, so who knows.

In regards to my.VAC file. I don't have a case manager. I have never had one. Wish there was one assigned to me. At least they could guide, advise and assist me. I am just a number when you think of it. We all were at some point. It's funny.... when you are a performer, operational and reliable to them, you are a cog in the wheel. Fast forward to now, after 5 tours and countless autopsies, and I am just a numbet. . I too have PTSD. I sleep 4 hours per night, take meds, struggle with emotions, have no more drive. This shit has even affected my sex life, don't even feel like the man I once was. I isolate myself and am now an antisocial person. 23 years, 5 tours. I've given them.

Derf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 24 Aug 2017, 16:16

as my doc says to me all the time i need to find a nicer way to talk to people i used to just get upset and say what ever came out but that only cause more problems for me later i know what you going through and many here understand what you going through but getting upset at the people in the local office when its the system that is in place that is letting us down not he one answering the phones or front line workers so vent here all you want but don't do what i did and blow up in person its really not worth it my son

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hab2013 Thu 24 Aug 2017, 16:10

Heh Derf, I called my case manager this morning about my 14 months waiting !!!! ( grrrr) she said that they never got to my file yet ( I have two dated from June 14 2016) she told me that she will do anything on her power to make sure that they are done as soon as possible ( she helped me to do the 2 application last year and she has been real good to me so far!! ) maybe those dumd ass lost my file !!! Never know!!!! They better not f... with me ! They are just about to have one crazy son of a b..... at their office and they will find out what PTSD can do and maybe just teach them the meaning of it!!!!! BTW I'm just getting in touch with my MP's n the guy ( Dominic Leblanc) is good friend with our PM!!
Hab2013
Hab2013
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Derf Thu 24 Aug 2017, 13:04

Just over three months for them to get through June 2016. There is no excuse for such lag

Derf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 24 Aug 2017, 11:20

part of me thinks they trying to get vets to shy away from putting anything in seeing how long the wait times are

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Thu 24 Aug 2017, 11:18

What an achievement. When you happy that you moved a month worth of files in more then three months timeframe. It says lots about work ethnics. They are my today's losers .at this rate il be dead by the time they reach my file.

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Derf Thu 24 Aug 2017, 09:20

This morning I received an update from VAC. This is copied exactly from within a reply I received today.

I'm happy to advise you that as of yesterday, the turn around
time report was updated to show that they've now moved on to
first applications from July 2016.

I sense a little bit of sarcasm on their part.

Derf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 24 Aug 2017, 06:19

Unicorn Poop..lol. Made my day. Tks..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 24 Aug 2017, 00:47

bog6,

That is the best sticker ever! I love it!

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

VAC Processing Claims (June 2016) Empty Couldn't resist lol

Post by bog6 Wed 23 Aug 2017, 23:51

VAC Processing Claims (June 2016) Gold_g10

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Wed 23 Aug 2017, 22:46

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't VAC been working on the June 2016 disability claims since April 2017?

It seems to me that this is not an unforeseen delay due to a 'higher volume in applications'....This is a planned stall tactic for the next big up and coming photo op announcement the Liberals have planned up their sleeves!

Are we suppose to believe that it takes 4 months to process 1 month of claims from June 2016.  No... I believe that the MPs advised VAC to stall in processing disability claims until a certain date so they can announce in front of the cameras/media the new and approved-ish NVC. We all know how much the MPs love their photo ops!

Hehr most likely has the date marked out on his calendar with glitterly unicorn stickers!

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next