Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC Processing Claims (June 2016)

+6
Hab2013
Tilap61
pinger
bog6
Vet1234
Derf
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VAC Processing Claims (June 2016) - Page 2 Empty Re: VAC Processing Claims (June 2016)

Post by Guest Wed 23 Aug 2017, 14:09

To me it is or should be an embarrassment the way they conduct business. Even the simplest situation occures daily.

Due to higher than normal call volumes
..... In 22 years It has never changed not once have I ever called and not had this speech or not had to wait!

When this changes I will believe that MAYBE the additional Billions spent in VAC budgets are doing some benefits for the Veterans. They cant even fix this with additional staff!

Back to top Go down

VAC Processing Claims (June 2016) - Page 2 Empty Re: VAC Processing Claims (June 2016)

Post by bigrex Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:29

IMO, it is a lot harder to find contradictory evidence, than it is to find supporting evidence, but VAC staff is taking the time to dig hard to find any little loop hole to deny a claim. In my case, they had to go all the way back to an unsupported statement made when I was 18 years old, about the occasional sore back, to deny a severe lumbar spine disability claim 15 years later, because they said I had a pre-existing condition. IF they were truly adhering to the concept of "benefit of doubt", all a veteran would need is a single accident report, or medical report, that supports their statement made on their disability claim, to be approved. As it is now, if they can find even the littlest counter point, anywhere in your file, they will use it against you.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 17:44

These wait times are blamed on shortage of staff? No! Absolutely not, it is the system that is geared to create work loads, it is a system that is in no way Veteran friendly. The Minister of Veteran Affairs holds a meeting to discuss the hold up of claims, the bureaucrats give him the song and dance and the Minister says they are hiring more staff. Hiring more staff is not the solution, revamping the whole bureaucratic base involved in the Veterans file is a start, an inquiry would be sound and a must, somebody in a higher government authority needs to remind those in charge of our file that they are dealing with Canadian Disabled Veterans who served this Country. The NVC sucks and should be scrapped, there is absolutely no reason why Veterans should be put through cruelty in the wait time they do, not to mention the stupid legislative benefits coming forward that has no real value or long term security for Veterans. These bureaucrats that surround the Veterans file are all milking the system to benefit themselves on the very backs of disabled Canadian Veterans. Shame on all of them!

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 22 Aug 2017, 17:06

14 mths , wt is going on. So much for hires to do files. It sounds like from the My Vac account comments back from the client service folks, that they are also frustrated. I hope every Vet who has been waiting this long let there MPs know about the long waits. Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hab2013 Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:36

Heh Derf I'm sorry to hear that ! I don't want to scare you but I have 2 application from June 2016, I have been calling and they been telling me the same old crap that they have been telling you , my application are over 14 months!!!!!
Hab2013
Hab2013
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Derf Mon 21 Aug 2017, 20:54

Here is a response from today.

Thank you for using My VAC Account and our secure email services.

We apologize for the delay. Your concerns are important to us.
We strive to provide a decision within 16 weeks of receiving
all the information required to support applications. Currently,
we are experiencing a higher than normal volume of applications
but are working hard to process applications as quickly as possible.
At present the oldest claims ajudication is working on have Service
Standard Start Dates in June 2016.

Once again we apologize for the delay. Our department is striving
to improve our turn around time. Processing Disability Claims
is a specialized process. Your application will be processed
as soon as possible.

Derf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Derf Mon 21 Aug 2017, 19:22

FFS. Same answer all the time. I wrote the ombudsman, which won't do anything. Then wrote my member or parlaiment. I'm on 34 weeks and counting.

Derf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 19:07

FFS. throw your money where your apology is.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 18:40

Here what I got today reference processing claim

To inform you of the current decision rendering facts, we are
substantially behind in processing applications. Head Office
is looking at applications with the start date of June 2016.The
service standard start date for your application
is 2017-01-16. With this stated, we deeply apologize about the
back log the department is facing

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 19 Aug 2017, 16:56

Hi Derf,
The waiting is a son of a bee... granted.
May come August is nothing.
But your still serving.

Enter the transition slant.

Make sure you get photocopies of all your medical docs before you even leave the gate.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Derf Sat 19 Aug 2017, 14:36

Wrote my member of parliament. Not sure if that will have any outcome. I just find it frustrating to be sitting around and waiting. Don't even have a CM yet. I'll be released, just don't have a date yet.

It makes no sense why this process takes so long. They say they are hiring more staff and have to train them. Issue I have is from May to Aug they have been processing claims from June 2016. A whole three months to do one month????

Derf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Sat 19 Aug 2017, 12:56

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 05:38

They are all milking the system from our Minister down including the Veterans Ombudsman Guy Parent.

They care about themselves and themselves only.

They do this on the backs of disabled Canadian Veterans but let on they care and are doing everything in their power to improve things on our file. It's not a money problem, the funds have always been available, it's a job and pension security for those in charge of our file, it has nothing to do with funds for Veterans, they have taken away our tax free lifelong pension and set up a system which includes the New Veterans Charter that is geared towards delay and deny to extend greatly the time it takes for disabled Veterans to obtain benefits, all of this to secure jobs and pensions from our Minister down. When they say they care about disabled Veterans and their families, they really care about themselves, they are putting themselves first and using the Canadian Veterans file to accomplish this. What they need is an inquiry into the whole Veterans file, these individuals who are using our file to benefit themselves should all be held to account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 18 Aug 2017, 22:29

it's a bunch of bullshit. a total failure. the thieves taking bonuses at VAC deserve to lose their jobs.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

VAC Processing Claims (June 2016) - Page 2 Empty VAC Processing Claims (June 2016)

Post by Derf Fri 18 Aug 2017, 20:02

Hi everyone. I just joined.

I have an initial claim in for PTSD. My date that the clock started turning on is 28 December 16. In May 17 I wrote VAC on my account and was told that they were working on claims from June 2016. It's now August and I asked for another update and was again told that they were working on June 2016 claims. I just wish they would have an estimated time or at the very least, get rid of the 16 week statement.

Derf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2