Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the Minister of Veterans Affairs doing?

3 posters

Go down

What is the Minister of Veterans Affairs doing? Empty Re: What is the Minister of Veterans Affairs doing?

Post by johnny211 Fri 26 Jan 2018, 11:05

Couldn’t have happened to a better guy. Shit finally caught up too you Hehr..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

What is the Minister of Veterans Affairs doing? Empty Re: What is the Minister of Veterans Affairs doing?

Post by bosn181 Fri 26 Jan 2018, 08:21

i love it you put the biggest smile on my face when i just read your post ty very much everyone needs a good post like that to start there day off.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018, 21:49

bosn181 wrote:heard he put his papers in to leave his post about time things are starting to look up

“The minister for sports and people with disabilities has quit cabinet pending an investigation into accusations he made sexually inappropriate comments to women.”

He missed getting his pension by a Kent Herr!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 25 Jan 2018, 21:00

heard he put his papers in to leave his post about time things are starting to look up

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Thu 25 Jan 2018, 15:45

Never seen any need for MFRC. But it is just me.
On similar topic (Mof Veterans). Looks like the old one (Hehr) is in deep trouble (again) and hope that he gets turfed (so he does not get his 6 year pension).

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 27 Dec 2017, 12:04

i love your post on this wild remember if you put a claim in vac has to approve it and seeing thats not going to happen i guess we got no rights on this matter

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Dec 2017, 21:51

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

The MVA has a post on his Facebook page about people disrespecting Muslims. Personally I never done anything to a single one, but apparently being a non believer is hazardous to my health. I never stood on a stage in Toronto and said kill Muslims, but a Muslim did stand on a stage and declare jihad against non believers (infidels) who should be offended, and who should have a motion passed to avoid being discriminated against. They teach this here in Canada and I'm offended. Where is my right's???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Oct 2017, 16:27

Ministers O’Regan and Sajjan Mark Mental Illness Awareness Week

Statements
From Veterans Affairs Canada

October 3, 2017 – Ottawa – Veterans Affairs Canada / National Defence

The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, and the Honourable Harjit S. Sajjan, Minister of National Defence, issued the following statement in recognition of Mental Illness Awareness Week:

“This year, we mark Canada’s 25th Mental Illness Awareness Week. It is an important week, not only for Veterans and members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), but for all Canadians. This week promotes awareness of all mental health issues, including illnesses like depression and anxiety, as well as operational stress injuries such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that affect Veterans, CAF members, and their families.

“No one should feel alone on the road to recovery. The process of learning to manage and heal mental illness is challenging, so we encourage all Canadians to talk with each other and spread the word about mental health to help themselves heal and finally end the stigma.

“We would like to thank the Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health and the Canadian Mental Health Association, for the work they do in building awareness and providing Canadians with tools to manage mental illness and promote well-being.

“Through Budget 2017, Veterans Affairs Canada will provide additional supports for mental health, including investment in a new Centre of Excellence specialized in mental health and PTSD. The Centre will focus on research and best practices, knowledge transfer, and the development of tools to support treatment by health care providers across the country.

“Canada’s new Defence Policy – Strong, Secure, Engaged – focuses on the number one capability of the Canadian Armed Forces: the brave women and men who wear the uniform. The new defence policy ensures that our people in uniform are well-supported and resilient— physically, psychologically and socially. Additionally, the CAF will augment the Canadian Armed Forces Health System to ensure it meets the unique needs of military personnel with effective care, anywhere they serve in Canada or abroad. This includes growing the Medical Services Branch by 200 personnel.

“The policy is but one element of a joint commitment by Veterans Affairs Canada and the Department of National Defence that will ensure Veterans, members of the CAF and their families have access to the mental health support they need, where and when they need it.

“We encourage all Veterans and CAF members to join the conversation on mental illness and reflect upon their own mental health, so that they can take the steps needed to optimize their well-being.”

Contacts

Alex Wellstead
Press Secretary
Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs
Phone: (613) 996-4649

Media Relations
Veterans Affairs Canada
Phone: 613-992-7468
Email: VAC.Media-Medias.ACC@vac-acc.gc.ca

Jordan Owens
Press Secretary
Office of the Minister of National Defence
Phone: (613) 996-3100
Email: jordan.owens@forces.gc.ca

Media Relations
Department of National Defence
Phone: 613-996-2353
Email: mlo-blm@forces.gc.ca

https://www.canada.ca/en/veterans-affairs-canada/news/2017/10/ministers_o_reganandsajjanmarkmentalillnessawarenessweek.html

Back to top Go down

What is the Minister of Veterans Affairs doing? Empty What is the Minister of Veterans Affairs doing?

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 15:23

Veteran Affairs minister visit a family affair

By Lookout on Oct 01, 2017

What is the Minister of Veterans Affairs doing? VACVisit-768x512
Lieutenant Commander Danny O’Regan, Commandant of Fleet School; Seamus O’Regan, Minister of Veterans Affairs; Jackie Carlé, Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) Interim Executive Director; Kaitlyn Ross, MFRC Veteran Family Program Coordinator; Pauline Sibbald, MFRC Social Worker; and Base Commander Capt(N) Jason Boyd gather outside the MFRC building on Signal Hill for a group photograph. Photo by Jon Chabun, MFRC

Peter Mallett, Staff Writer ~

In early September, Minister of Veterans Affairs Seamus O’Regan made a one-day stop in Esquimalt. The recently appointed cabinet minister was in town to meet with senior naval leadership, tour dockyard, and drop by the Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) to discuss the rollout of the Veteran Family Program.

Meeting him at the MFRC was his younger brother, Lieutenant Commander Danny O’Regan, Commandant of Naval Fleet School (Pacific).

A gaggle of O’Regan family members were in Ottawa just days before to witness Minister O’Regan’s swearing-in ceremony at Rideau Hall.

“Now he is essentially my boss,” said LCdr O’Regan. “I was on leave in St. John’s after taking the red eye when he called me and said he had been named minister and we had to come to Ottawa for the ceremony.”

The representative from St. John’s South-Mount Pearl, not only heads Veterans Affairs Canada but is also the Associate Minister of Defence as part of his first-ever cabinet appointment. The cabinet appointment came following the resignation of Minister of Public Services and Procurement Judy Foote, precipitating a cabinet shuffle by the Prime Minister.

LCdr O’Regan remarked how the ceremony in Ottawa was also a family celebration of courage and recovery. That’s because back in January 2016, when Seamus was still a back bencher, he announced to the nation on social media that he was seeking treatment for alcoholism.

Family, friends, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau rallied around him throughout his recovery process.

“That’s a big reason why the swearing in was an especially proud moment for myself and the entire family,” said LCdr O’Regan. “My brother has gone through a lot over the last few years and to see him work hard for his constituency, and to see it all come to a pinnacle was exhilarating.”

Minister O’Regan takes over his new post from former Minister of Veteran’s Affairs Kent Hehr, who saw the department through a major transition phase. The big changes included the re-opening of nine previously mothballed regional Veteran Affairs Centres, the hiring of 400 support staff, and the implementation of multiple new support programs, including the MFRC`s Veteran Family Program.

That program was piloted in Esquimalt and six other centres for a year-and-a-half before rolling out to all 32 MFRCs across Canada in May 2017. It is designed to support medically-releasing veterans and their families with resources made available through the MFRC.

Jackie Carlé, MFRC Esquimalt Interim Executive Director, says Minister O’Regan’s visit provided an opportunity to have a discussion about the challenges of the new program.

“The minister was genuinely interested in finding out more about this portfolio and we were grateful for the opportunity to meet with him and talk about our community focused approach to this and other services at the MFRC,” she said.

Minister O’Regan spent the evening with his brother where he was treated to a home-cooked meal that included turkey burgers prepared by LCdr O’Regan’s wife Tesh. The next morning he witnessed his nephew Daniel Jr. set off for his first-ever day of school.

http://www.lookoutnewspaper.com/veteran-affairs-minister-visit-family-affair/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down