Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Case Manager Home visit tomorrow - what to expect?

4 posters

Go down

First Case Manager Home visit tomorrow - what to expect? Empty Follow-up

Post by Rubicon Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:16

Visit went well and answered most of my questions and reinforced the fact that the waiting game continues with respect to my disability applications. One question that wasn't answered but I'm getting clarification thru BPA is what is a suspended disability application and does it require an appeal or a new application for the same condition to get action on it? My Case Manager could not answer that question but thought that a new application was required. My Legion attorney wants to appeal both suspensions so I am getting clarification thru BPA. The question is what is going to get action on this application now that I am being medically released for two consequential conditions that are currently suspended. More to follow ...

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

First Case Manager Home visit tomorrow - what to expect? Empty Re: First Case Manager Home visit tomorrow - what to expect?

Post by Armygunner Tue 31 Oct 2017, 22:51

Rubicon,

Remember Case Managers are there to work for you. If you are not happy with the one assigned to you, ask for another until you find the right fit. Ask to apply for everything you are entitled to. Use MYVAC to help you see what you are entitled to.

My first CM came to my place for the initial visit. I thought it was a great idea, as I was on friendly grounds in an environment I controlled.

Hope all works out for you.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

First Case Manager Home visit tomorrow - what to expect? Empty Re: First Case Manager Home visit tomorrow - what to expect?

Post by sailor964 Tue 31 Oct 2017, 17:14

Well said By the Bay.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Tue 31 Oct 2017, 15:50

Hi Rubicon,
Not knowing what to expect can be very stressful but having a case manager come to your home is a good thing! VAC case managers are requesting a home visit not to spy on you but to help you with applications of entitled benefits and to make sure you don't fall through the cracks! They assess your need for VIP benefits by asking you if you require help with house work and lawn maintenance etc. I found that having a case manager do home visits is less stressful than having to go into their offices! Their offices can be a mad house at times. You don't need to prepare yourself for the visit! Its a very informal relaxed visit!  Keep a pen and paper with you so you can write down anything you need to remember! Just be keep in mind that benefits application process is a long journey! Patience is a must when dealing with VAC. Some Veterans have been waiting months to even years to be approved for benefits! My advice to you is to apply for every benefit your entitled to! Sign up for VAC My Account so you can keep track of your applications. Plus, through VAC My Account you can message VAC to make inquiries about your applications! Then it's time to play the waiting game!

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

First Case Manager Home visit tomorrow - what to expect? Empty First Case Manager Home visit tomorrow - what to expect?

Post by Rubicon Tue 31 Oct 2017, 14:56

Just handed in the ID card today and released with a 3B medical after 36 plus years (35yrs Reg Force and 1yr plus Reserve time). I have my first Case Manager home visit tomorrow morning. What should I expect and how should I prepare? I have a VAC ID number already and one pre-Veterans Charter disability award (ie monthly payment) and several lump sum awards (Army life was hard on the body). What is the primary purpose of the home visit that couldn't be done at the VAC Office downtown (10 minutes away)? Is this the personal touch we've all been requesting? My spider senses are tingling but it could just be the newly diagnosed PTSD ...

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down