Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Pension for Life Delay

+4
Armygunner
BinRat
bigrex
propat
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Pension for Life Delay Empty Re: New Pension for Life Delay

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 23:13

SIGS PIGS wrote:good afternoon Binrat,

can you take a look at my situation and give me a ball park figure where I stand with this Pension for Life deal?????

2010 Received 10% 27,607,
2012 Received 45% 131, 988.79
2013 Received 35% 104,505.79
2015 Received 20% 30,669.15
2016 Received Top up of 41,847
336,117.00 approx

I am 100% Disabled and I am completely confused as how to figure out what will happen next year 2019 Apr 1st. I know I am sending this req to binrat but anyone who can figure this out would be much appreciated,

thanks,

SIGS PIGS

You can click on below link and view an example of VAC 100% worksheet for a Veteran.  It cannot be exactly related to your situation but will give an idea of how they calculated it.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/97f56415-a30e-4565-ad32-1046be638a04

Also a good read on Pension for Life.  A good read but I still don’t agree with the 3 Veterans formats.
1. PA Vets
2. NVC Vets
3. New Pension for Life

3 Payment methods to 3 classes of Veterans, what a hodge pudge of giant jumbo fuck sticks. I am sure there will be another version of “4.0 Pension for Now” in the near future when the Liberal Party is defeated next election.  Maybe the Government should realize that it’s not working and blow up VAC.  Why not make a private company run it with no current or former government officials and have real mandates that set penalties when they don’t meet the standards. A contract can be revoked with poor service.  The government gives the company a certain amount of budget that must be used on Veterans behalf’s, none of this past I give the government back the money Mr. Julian Top Cop shit head.  Treat us with respect and treat VAC like a business.  Starting to go off topic but I am still pissed at all the delays and present day MVA thinks everything is okay and just smiles and clenches his butt cheeks.  Have they put the Rainbow crosswalk in front of VAC headquarters yet?  Where is our Army, Air Force, and Navy Cross walks?   Or the family crosswalk?  

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 20 Jun 2018, 20:59

Hiya SIG PIGS,

You ain't alone. April 2019. I don't have a clue either but I will go to VaC next Jan./Feb. and perhaps by that time they might (?) ... have a concise clue on the ramifications that effect my benefits.
And brown envelopes don't help.
Hell, We need retired military accountants.

Stay safe all. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Jun 2018, 21:45

That's the problem. It's not a set formula, like (A + B) - C = D, that simply applies to each Veteran. There are so many factors, and variables involved, that even the experts who have come up with this scheme, will have to use a computer to calculate, how much each Veteran will be getting, going forward, if anything at all. My father is now sitting at 100%, but 80% of that wasn't approved until the last 5 years, since turning 65, so most likely his PFL will be zero.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS Wed 13 Jun 2018, 21:16

Thanks BigRex,

Nobody knows exactly what the formals is???

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 12 Jun 2018, 18:55

was the initial 10%, increased to 20% in 2015? It's the only thing that makes sense, since otherwise it adds up to 110%. Unfortunately, making calculations for the PFL are very complicated, even for a single LSA. it involves what month you were approved for each award, how much of the top was assigned to each award, your age, and your life expectancy.

lets try looking at just your first 10% award separately, as an example.  If it was approved in Apr 2010, they would calculate exactly 9 years worth of a 10% PFL, retroactive ($115/mo x 108 months = $12420). Then, they deduct that amount from the previously paid LSA of $27607, plus say $3000 as part of the top up. $30607-$12420 = leaving a balance owing of $18187.

Now if they say that you have a life expectancy of another 28 year (to age 85), that balance owing is divided over those 28 years, $18187 / 480 months = a reduction of $54/ mo. So the PFL for that initial 10% award would be reduced to roughly $61/mo. These calculations will adversely affect older Veterans more, because that balance owing will have to be paid back over a smaller amount of time, meaning their PFL will be significantly less than someone in their 20's or 30's. even if their level of disability are the same.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS Tue 12 Jun 2018, 07:35

good morning BinRat,
I just turned 56 on June 03/18

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 11 Jun 2018, 22:30

Hey Sigs Pigs...
1 point your actually 110% but ya, they only pay to 100%

I can take a boo at your numbers, though there will be a Plus or Minus since I don't know the month in each year that you got your award, so I was running some numbers based of getting each award in June of each year, so I have some numbers, But the one part I don't have, so if you can send me a PM with answer is Your age. Since to figure out the ongoing payments monthly / Lump I would need to know Your age, so I can figure out to your 83rd birthday, and get what your divided back monthly amount would be, or what you can take as a lump sum of that amount if you so desired.

So if you can PM me that info I can figure out the remaining amounts, Thanks

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS Mon 11 Jun 2018, 14:12

good afternoon Binrat,

can you take a look at my situation and give me a ball park figure where I stand with this Pension for Life deal?????

2010 Received 10% 27,607,
2012 Received 45% 131, 988.79
2013 Received 35% 104,505.79
2015 Received 20% 30,669.15
2016 Received Top up of 41,847
336,117.00 approx

I am 100% Disabled and I am completely confused as how to figure out what will happen next year 2019 Apr 1st. I know I am sending this req to binrat but anyone who can figure this out would be much appreciated,

thanks,

SIGS PIGS

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Thu 07 Jun 2018, 18:53

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/national-today-newsletter-iraq-vote-g7-cost-nicaragua-1.4691911 . But Veterans are asking more than we can give right now! Trudeau!!
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 27 Feb 2018, 16:53

Steelgunner wrote . . .

" Keep this in mind and don’t forget how the Liberals have played with us over the last three years when you vote in the upcoming next election. "

I'll add this. Their all crooked. Every darn party.
And it's pretty damn rare when any politician's integrity doesn't have a best/before date.

But remember to at least VOTE folks.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

New Pension for Life Delay Empty No Money for Vets but lots for his friends>>>

Post by bog6 Thu 22 Feb 2018, 22:49

New Pension for Life Delay Screen10

Last edited by bog6 on Thu 22 Feb 2018, 22:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add title)

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Feb 2018, 12:05

Binrat I have no idea in regards to calculating the amounts or answering the question about lump sum requirements in order to cash out or if in fact that you can even cash out the full amount.

VAC just has talking points for the public, they are not providing the formula for calculations so we can double check the correct amounts. If you recall the first additional lump sum payment they did.  We speculated for a year and all of us gave our two cents which in the end the amount was less then expected.  

All I can say right now is try your best to keep the pressure up on the Government and VAC, no matter how small your voice is.  Remember public opinion is where it hurts the current Government in power and remind the liberals on their broken promises and out right lies about this BS new and improved Pension for Life.

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 19:10

so if you are DEC and dated to 2099 (just a number), will they cancel that amount also and redo??

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 20 Feb 2018, 15:32

If he takes the Lump sum of the remainder in this case $179,200 it should still be non-taxable

but that's a good question if someone has facebook to send to the OVO for his meeting coming up
just to confirm that it is still non-taxable.

Also a question like this, since I haven't figured it out, would be, Since the CIA/CIAS is a LIFETIME monthly
payment that is getting changed to the APSC Non-taxable, can that also become something one can take
as a lump sum as well or Not ?? Or Only the PSC is calculated out to be a choice of taking it as a Lump Sum

I don't have face book so I can't post it to his page..

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Tue 20 Feb 2018, 13:50

@BinRat Or this is where he could take the lump sum amount of $179,000 but will not get a tax free PSC since he took the lump

So you are saying if you take the Lumpsum it's taxable vs if you take it monthly it's not?

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next