Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newly found Heart Condition

3 posters

Go down

Newly found Heart Condition Empty Re: Newly found Heart Condition

Post by Newf Thu 12 Apr 2018, 18:33

861cook,
I suggest you speak with your family doctor/Cardiologist prior to submitting a disability application with VAC for this condition. Your family doctor/Cardiologist is the person who will need to clearly articulate in the VAC forms that your heart condition is consequential to MDD or anxiety. If your doctor can support this relationship on the VAC forms ( I believe the form is a medical questionnaire) along with attaching supportive medical references/studies then it may be good idea to submit an application.

Personally, I would sit down with the Cardiologist as he or she is the expert in this field. This person will be knowledgeable of medical studies or journal articles that may support this consequential relationship. It is important for the doctor to attach these supportive materials.

On the other hand if you do not have your doctors support then you will have difficulty in being successful with a VAC disability application.

Perhaps, there are others who may be able to provide more advice to you but that's my opinion for ya.

All the best,
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 861Cook Thu 12 Apr 2018, 17:16

Thanks for the info Nemo
861Cook
861Cook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 12 Apr 2018, 14:47

I can't address the issue of your depression and anxiety. But you might want to seriously consider a WFPB (Whole Foods Plant Based) diet as a means to address your weight issue. Such a diet can get you off certain medications and reverse most cases of Type 2 diabetes if you are one. You can also reverse certain types of heart disease using this diet as well as long as you don't use oil. I can provide you with a few online resources if you like. And if in Ontario, there is a cardiologist who is plant based that could help you on the cardiac issue. Lipitor is like many drugs and has so many bad side effects.
https://www.williamscardiology.com/doctor/dr-williams/
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Newly found Heart Condition Empty Newly found Heart Condition

Post by 861Cook Wed 11 Apr 2018, 20:06

Hey folks I require some information regarding a newly found heart condition which I feel is consequential from my Major depressive disorder and severe anxiety.
I am 100 lbs overweight and diet like a yoyo. Now it seems it's caught up to me. The doctor want me to start on Lipitor. Has anyone put a disability claim for such a condition?
861Cook
861Cook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down