Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vac reassessment

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vac reassessment Empty Re: Vac reassessment

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2019, 14:08

Nemo wrote:So, I have been waiting 5 months for a decision on a reassessment under the pension act.So today I get an email informing me "Your application status has changed"  So I scurry over to MY VAC and have a look. Then I still see my reassessment at Stage 3 BUT I now see a new entry Disability benefits (Departmental Review)  and the condition for which I am undergoing a reassessment.  Now this Deparmental Review is dated today and is at Stage 1 and says 12 weeks for a decision. Thing is tho I did not put in an application. So WTF is this? Anyone?
nemo, that just happened to me as well, they said it was a technicality that they reclassified my injury and posted it on line., but you will not have to wait the new posted time for a decision. It`s basically a done deal. If you haven`t already been paid it should be soon if this was sept.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 14 Sep 2018, 13:58

you are talking about two different things. A reassessment, is done on an previously approved condition, if you feel that it has worsened. For a pensioned condition, the pension increase starts on the day you request the reassessment. What you are talking about though, is a special reconsideration, or possibly resubmitting a new claim, for a disability that had previously been denied, because you may have new evidence to support the claim. If the initial claim had been submitted prior to 2006, if approved now, you would start to collect a pension under the Pension Act, and it would be backdated 3 years.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2018, 13:40

bigrex wrote:If it's for a condition granted a pension, from before 2006, the backpay is paid back to the date the reassessment was requested. If it's a reassessment on a disability after 2006, they pay the current amount of LSA, for the increase in percentage. For example, if you got an initial assessment of 12% in 2006, it was paid out at the 10% rate of $25000, plus the top up, say $4000. Now if after a reassessment, that condition is increased to 20%, so they will pay you the additional 10%, at the current rate of $36540. Personally, I believe they should pay at the current 20% amount of $73080, minus any previous payments, leaving a balance of $44080 for the Veteran.
thx. What if the initial assessment before 2006 said,no entitlement, now suppose the reassessment results in a 20% disability in 2018/19. What would that look like, the only thing I’m understanding is that if the claim is now given a positive review, l would start getting some form of compensation every month, due to the year in which the original injury happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 11 Sep 2018, 09:34

If it's for a condition granted a pension, from before 2006, the backpay is paid back to the date the reassessment was requested. If it's a reassessment on a disability after 2006, they pay the current amount of LSA, for the increase in percentage. For example, if you got an initial assessment of 12% in 2006, it was paid out at the 10% rate of $25000, plus the top up, say $4000. Now if after a reassessment, that condition is increased to 20%, so they will pay you the additional 10%, at the current rate of $36540. Personally, I believe they should pay at the current 20% amount of $73080, minus any previous payments, leaving a balance of $44080 for the Veteran.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2018, 14:33

Nemo wrote:I can only hope they approve and I get some nice backpay
So how does backpay for a reassessment work? if someone waits for 6-11months and gets a favorable outcome, how is backpay calculated?
is there a difference in the back pay if the injury being reassessed was before 2006 or after 2006?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy Fri 07 Sep 2018, 14:43

Ok. Well good luck. Hopefully get an answer soon. Mine is mental and went to step three same time.

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2018-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 07 Sep 2018, 13:25

and reassessment was placed in Step 3 mid April 2018
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 07 Sep 2018, 13:24

Fordguy. I had an reassessment for a physical disease (NOT PTSD) It was placed into step 3 mid April 2018 and it still sits at Stage 3. Now, that remains exactly like that in MyVac.

But today, in addition to the reassessment at stage 3, they now show above that as a separate entry - Disability benefits (Departmental Review) Stage 1 for the same condition I had a reassessment in for.

So I don't understand this as I did not get a decision on my condition reassessment yet. And thus I never put in any department review.  I have sent them an email within MyVac but who knows when that will be answered....

Last edited by Nemo on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 14:26; edited 1 time in total
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy Fri 07 Sep 2018, 12:38

So Nemo, was this a reassessment for mental heath or physical issue. When was ur reassessment put on Step 3

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 07 Sep 2018, 08:34

So, I have been waiting 5 months for a decision on a reassessment under the pension act.So today I get an email informing me "Your application status has changed" So I scurry over to MY VAC and have a look. Then I still see my reassessment at Stage 3 BUT I now see a new entry Disability benefits (Departmental Review) and the condition for which I am undergoing a reassessment. Now this Deparmental Review is dated today and is at Stage 1 and says 12 weeks for a decision. Thing is tho I did not put in an application. So WTF is this? Anyone?
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy Mon 27 Aug 2018, 19:30

My reassessment has been at step 3 since mid April 2018. I first submitted my claim Oct 2016; they throw 10% at me and stated I will be reassessed once I stabilize. feb 2018 I received the paperwork for my reassessment. So technically I have been waiting since Oct 2016

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 27 Aug 2018, 09:15

Fordguy wrote:They tell us all bs, this is a reassessment from my first one were they give u 10% and then u wait until u stabilize.  Not fair to be thrown back into the hopper with everyone else. Have been waiting now since oct 2016

Fordguy....so are you showing as step 3 for your reassessment? If you have been waiting since 2016 then you need to rattle some cages including Seamus and your MP.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 27 Aug 2018, 09:13

XMedic wrote:20 weeks for me and the step still shows more information, but no one has contacted me or BPA for whatever info they need. UGH

I would phone them and ask to know what info is required. Often what you see in my VAC account is not current. Shows me at step 3 for VIP but I have been getting it for 3 years now.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy Sat 25 Aug 2018, 16:27

They tell us all bs, this is a reassessment from my first one were they give u 10% and then u wait until u stabilize. Not fair to be thrown back into the hopper with everyone else. Have been waiting now since oct 2016

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sat 25 Aug 2018, 14:53

20 weeks for me and the step still shows more information, but no one has contacted me or BPA for whatever info they need. UGH
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next