Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB assessments

Go down

ELB assessments Empty Re: ELB assessments

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2018, 12:21

Gunner8 wrote:Yes that’s right Bruce72. You can fill those forms out online at myvac account I’m pretty sure?

Gunner

And if those forms are not online, your CM will mail them to you. You can specify which information is to be released as well, in order to protect your privacy. Only pertinent medical information is normally required by VAC to make their decisions.

Artie your CM cannot abitrarily cut off your ELB at the 2 year mark. There is a toning down period so to speak, usually a few months or more depending on how you and your CM work things out. After Rehab you also have 6 months to apply for Canadian Forces Income Support, a tax free monthly payment you can receive while you look for work.

If you meet the criteria for Diminished Earnings Capacity (if your request a review of your qualification for DEC or your CM does) then your ELB will continue until 65 years of age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 07 Dec 2018, 12:06

Yes that’s right Bruce72. You can fill those forms out online at myvac account I’m pretty sure?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2018, 12:01

Artie Simm wrote:
Gunner8 wrote:Artiesimm, I’m not sure if there is a specific time frame. I’ve been on ELB since 2013. I’m usually in contact with my CM every couple months, she usually contacts me. It’s good to make contact with them if u don’t hear from them in a while. At one point they almost cut me off without any notification. I got a call one day saying I will be took off all benefits in 2 weeks, right out of nowhere. I was still getting treatment. Luckily my psychiatrist told them that I was still seeing them and still needed the treatment and he sent them a letter stating that, and everything worked out.

Gunner
shouldn’t a vets CM be in contact with their psychiatrist?, I mean a year could go by and a CM contacts only the client, and the client tells them “ everything’s great”, and yet they quit going for mental help 8 months earlier.?, my worry is the reverse, I don’t get along with my CM so despite my shrink keeping accurate records, I fear the Cm will recommend removal from ELB EXACTLY at the 2 year mark.

Your CM cannot speak to your psychiatrist without your knowledge and you must first sign off on it. There are forms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 07 Dec 2018, 11:57

Artiesimm,
I would ask for a new CM if I didn’t get along with mine. Also, a good CM would be in contact asking you how you are doing and how your appt are going etc... if your not getting that then that’s not right.
Sometimes my CM don’t contact me for a while, so I just contact her to let her know how things are going, or you could even ask your psychiatrist to contact them to let them know.

I can’t say they won’t cut you off at the 2 year mark, because I’m not sure. But as long as your seeing your psychiatrist they should be able to pass along to your CM that your still attending your appt and are still required to be on ELB. Being in contact with the CM is important.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2018, 09:30

Gunner8 wrote:Artiesimm, I’m not sure if there is a specific time frame. I’ve been on ELB since 2013. I’m usually in contact with my CM every couple months, she usually contacts me. It’s good to make contact with them if u don’t hear from them in a while. At one point they almost cut me off without any notification. I got a call one day saying I will be took off all benefits in 2 weeks, right out of nowhere. I was still getting treatment. Luckily my psychiatrist told them that I was still seeing them and still needed the treatment and he sent them a letter stating that, and everything worked out.

Gunner
shouldn’t a vets CM be in contact with their psychiatrist?, I mean a year could go by and a CM contacts only the client, and the client tells them “ everything’s great”, and yet they quit going for mental help 8 months earlier.?,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Sat 15 Dec 2018, 00:59; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 06 Dec 2018, 09:12

Artiesimm, I’m not sure if there is a specific time frame. I’ve been on ELB since 2013. I’m usually in contact with my CM every couple months, she usually contacts me. It’s good to make contact with them if u don’t hear from them in a while. At one point they almost cut me off without any notification. I got a call one day saying I will be took off all benefits in 2 weeks, right out of nowhere. I was still getting treatment. Luckily my psychiatrist told them that I was still seeing them and still needed the treatment and he sent them a letter stating that, and everything worked out.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2018, 19:11

Your CM may ask at the one year mark. I can't say for certain though, because everyone's rehab plans are different.

Back to top Go down

ELB assessments Empty ELB assessments

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2018, 18:20

Anyone currently on ELB know if/when your CM asks for/requires an update assessment from your psychiatrist for PTSD.? I see initially you can be on ELB for two years, which maybe extended ( though i don’t know those circumstances)., I’m assuming at some point during those 24 months your CM would ask for a status report of their client, is there a set time frame like every 6 months etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down