Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait Time Tool

+3
coppers2002
Gunner8
EZRider
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wait Time Tool Empty Re: Wait Time Tool

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2019, 19:54

EZRider wrote:Reassessment ( knees ) complete almost 16 weeks to the day, not sure if that's good or bad.  Will have to wait for decision letter via snail mail.  

I just clued in. I'm not sure that waiting in between assessments would matter. I had my knees and feet reassessed about 13 months ago under the PA, but it had been 8 years since the last reassessment in 2010 and I had a positive decision for both knees and feet.

For the 55 year old threshold you were cited. I don't have enough knowledge about this.

I hope your review is successful. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2019, 19:26

EZRider wrote:
EZRider wrote:Reassessment ( knees ) complete almost 16 weeks to the day, not sure if that's good or bad.  Will have to wait for decision letter via snail mail.  

Turns out in my case it's not good.....some Policy in place that when you're over 55 you're pretty much on your own.  Not accepting this, will be asking for a review as the medical evidence is clear that conditions have degraded.  Is it because I waited more than 3 years between reassessments and they consider me 'stable'....the answer I received sounded like political spin and I'm pissed.

Did you want to go on the VocRehab plan?

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Tue 29 Jan 2019, 17:41

Turns out in my case it's not good.....some Policy in place that when you're over 55 you're pretty much on your own. Not accepting this, will be asking for a review as the medical evidence is clear that conditions have degraded. Is it because I waited more than 3 years between reassessments and they consider me 'stable'....the answer I received sounded like political spin and I'm pissed.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jan 2019, 19:26

Angie wrote:I have a simple PTSD claim at Step 3 since September 2017, now at 68 weeks AND was told they are working on June 2017 soooo maybe April 2019 NOT Going to bet money on it . Merry Christmas to all the Serving military,Veterans and their Amazing and often forgotten family members!!!

Sent from Topic'it App

I call horse shit. Nothing is ever simple. And fuck merry xmas in the goat ass

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Fri 25 Jan 2019, 14:47

Reassessment ( knees ) complete almost 16 weeks to the day, not sure if that's good or bad. Will have to wait for decision letter via snail mail.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by coppers2002 Fri 04 Jan 2019, 16:05

Just wanted to clarify what happened with my case. I was already approved for GAD and they were reassessing that when the doc determined it was actually PTSD... So they bracketed the conditions and the PTSD claim was fully submitted August 24 2018. Completed on December 21st. Decision letter in hand now.

coppers2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue 25 Dec 2018, 12:25

I have a simple PTSD claim at Step 3 since September 2017, now at 68 weeks AND was told they are working on June 2017 soooo maybe April 2019 NOT Going to bet money on it . Merry Christmas to all the Serving military,Veterans and their Amazing and often forgotten family members!!!

Sent from Topic'it App
Angie
Angie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 21 Dec 2018, 10:49

XMedic, they keep telling me the same thing. I don’t think the analyst have any idea what there talking about. There just saying what there told to say, unfortunately!!

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Thu 20 Dec 2018, 17:23

The wait time calculator is a useless tool.  I'm sitting at 32 weeks for my PTSD re-assessment and there is nothing complex about it.  VAC keeps telling me that they are working on January, 2018 claims. This has been the same message for months!  I tell ya, there must have been one hell of a lot of claims in January!!!  Frustrated Sad
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 20 Dec 2018, 17:13

Coppers22, mine is a ptsd reassessment. I’m at almost 20 weeks. What was your reassessment for, if you don’t mind me asking?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coppers2002 Thu 20 Dec 2018, 12:25

I was told they have different adjudicators for different things; ie knees, mental, or general....
August 2018.
Also are the Step 3 cases you have all reassessments? I also have one at 46+ weeks for 1st time

coppers2002
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2018, 11:43

Gunner8 wrote:Coppers2002, great news. My reassessment went to step 3 in August as well. Hopefully I’ll hear soon then!!

Gunner
aug of 2017 or 18,.?

Last edited by Artie Simm on Wed 26 Dec 2018, 01:39; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 20 Dec 2018, 11:09

Coppers2002, great news. My reassessment went to step 3 in August as well. Hopefully I’ll hear soon then!!

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coppers2002 Thu 20 Dec 2018, 09:34

Artie Simm wrote:
coppers2002 wrote:Wait time for reassessments I think shows 22 weeks. I was informed yesterday that the adjudicator has completed my file for reassessment and I just need to wait for decision letter.
August 11th, 2018- Step 3- now complete. So under 22 weeks for GAD.
Ive posted about this before ,but when any claim I submit is at step 3 and then double or triple the wait time and counting I really begin to think vac is just f-ing with me because they’ve had issues with me in the past over the phone and things I’ve typed on the myvacaccount, l think they have me red flagged to ignore hoping l spin out . Paranoia, maybe ,and yet it’s not hard to keep slipping someone’s file to the bottom of the pile because you rub their employees the wrong way with your frustrationed comments

We also have a file at 46 weeks for 1st time non complex assessment.
Mind you it wasn't as detailed and doesn't explain things like the others have. I find the best luck we have had is when the application is bang on and mirrors what was reported in MIR reports (doctors med file.)
I tend to quote and lay out exactly what the issue is and dates. The more detail the better I think!
Good luck to you Artie.

coppers2002
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2018, 09:29

coppers2002 wrote:Wait time for reassessments I think shows 22 weeks. I was informed yesterday that the adjudicator has completed my file for reassessment and I just need to wait for decision letter.
August 11th, 2018- Step 3- now complete. So under 22 weeks for GAD.
Ive posted about this before ,but when any claim I submit is at step 3 and then double or triple the wait time and counting I really begin to think vac is just f-ing with me.

Last edited by Artie Simm on Wed 26 Dec 2018, 01:37; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next