Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Funds Deposited in December Payments

2 posters

Go down

Extra Funds Deposited in December Payments Empty Re: Extra Funds Deposited in December Payments

Post by bigrex Wed 02 Jan 2019, 12:43

That's possibly what it is. but it's more likely that I'm getting screwed over, because I know for a fact that I applied for all the benefits at the same time, including the rehab program, during my CM's first home visit. But according to MY account, The rehab program started March 2nd, the ELB application date is May 9th, and the CIA and CIAS is the middle of July.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Extra Funds Deposited in December Payments Empty Re: Extra Funds Deposited in December Payments

Post by 6608 Wed 02 Jan 2019, 08:52

bigrex, In order to be paid from the date of application you would still need to meet the main criteria for the CIA supplement benefit which is to be declared TPI/DEC it sounds like you got the TPI/DEC designation in July of that year.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 02 Jan 2019, 00:18

I got the payment and explanation letter, before Christmas. But i know for a fact that did not pay back to the application date, because I applied for ELB, CIA, CIAS and DEC, all on the same day, in March/April 2012. But the extra payment only went back to July. I know that the application date was that far back, because I got the approval letter for ELB, a few days after they announced that that they were ceasing the clawback, on May 29th.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Tue 01 Jan 2019, 22:44

Bruce72, the additional payment for the effected veterans was due to VAC correcting a mistake on their part by not following legislation and paying the CIA supplement from the decision date not the application date which it should have been.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Extra Funds Deposited in December Payments Empty Extra Funds Deposited in December Payments

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2019, 18:31

From several sources it's been reported that SOME have received extra funds in their December's pay from VAC.

From the sources this extra amount is a result from an adjustment made to SOME who are receiving the CIA, OR both the CIA, and the CIA Supplement.

The explanation for the adjustment will come in the near future to those involved in this adjustment. SOME have reported already receiving theirs in the form of the brown envelope.

As per normal no formal explanation has been brought forward by VAC.

It's important to remember that ONLY THOSE AFFECTED will receive the extra funds. Not all who receive CIA/CIA Supplement will receive this adjustment.

*This is the only information available. Updates, if any will be posted when they become available.

The original post and info can be found here:

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/t1817-extra-funds-deposited-in-dec-payment-vac

Last edited by Bruce72 on Tue 01 Jan 2019, 18:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added information)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down