Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

+30
skidsteer
Newfie
puddleduk2
cdnnavy77
Ppclicaper
Tilap61
Teentitan
Unknown Soldier
LAD
Peace
XMedic
doomed78
Rustytheviking
exarmyguy
Kramer
Teager
sailor964
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
bosn181
SIGS PIGS
Gunner8
propat
Vet1234
AirLog
bigrex
Rifleman
cosmo12
34 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 9 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by Rustytheviking Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:41

Wildthing- Bruce left and is now a guest. I’m assuming it was because he was called out for his comments earlier today. That is all we need in the veteran community, vet attacking vet. This crap has to stop. Being injured does not give one a feee pass to insult others. We have enough on our plate already

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 9 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:26

Guest you vac staff goc staff like to play games with veteran's lead them on etc, ive been through alot suffered alot like other veterans, my posts especially the good the bad and the ugly is my therapy apparently its not yours. Propoganda is a two way street and the only way veterans can fight back, just letting you know we know, don't like it
Remove me from csat or is it illegal unless i ask...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2019, 10:53

Guest wrote:
Wildthing wrote:Did they withold this 2% from a benefit?
If not i find it hard to believe they would payout out of the goodness of they're heart since policy has changed to 70% PFL!

You don't know fk all about the issue. So don't comment.

This issue has been covered.
You right hense the ??? Mark!?!
Furthermore another question when signing into csat nowadays you have to have a combination of letters or numbers totally six in individually or separate how do you or anyone else get to sign in with less???
This comment couldn't have possibly ruffled your feathers that much it must have been another post, care to elaborate of which one?
I don't get butthurt easy anymore your going to have to do better in the future!
Thanks bruce, guests comment doesnt bother me i welcome it and look forward to more in the future it's a great source of entertainment and theraputic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 18 Apr 2019, 09:44

Bruce72

Most vets like this site first and foremost.....for respect! You or anyone else might not like or agree with what someone says....suck it up...it is life. It does not give you or anyone else the right to be condescending and rude. You are also part of CSAT....perhaps and little control, discretion and diplomacy on your part will go a long way in setting an example.....and an apology.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2019, 09:27

Wildthing wrote:Did they withold this 2% from a benefit?
If not i find it hard to believe they would payout out of the goodness of they're heart since policy has changed to 70% PFL!

You don't know fk all about the issue. So don't comment.

This issue has been covered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2019, 09:05

Did they withold this 2% from a benefit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2019, 07:53

And Now a Few words from our Sponsor and then back to the Flintstones!

The Supplementary Retirement Benefit (SRB) is a taxable lump-sum
payment provided to Veterans who are no longer eligible to receive
the Extended Earnings Loss Benefit (EEL) because they have reached
age 65; or are able to engage in suitable gainful employment.
The amount of the benefit will be based on a percentage (2%)
of the total amount of the EL benefits (temporary and extended)
payable to the Veteran or Survivor, before income offsets.

Please note that you do not need to be 65 y/o to receive the
SRB. However, we currently do not have the details on when or
how much it will be paid. As mentioned previously, you will receive
a new letter by the end of April 2019 with the calculations and
breakdown of your payments.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 16 Apr 2019, 11:35

aaaa so that's what AIC meant . I see it now .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 15 Apr 2019, 21:22

No, he's asking if he can get the EIA. But he is alreadt getting the CIA/APSC at grade 1, so the answer is no, This was passed along to him/her, on a different thread.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 15 Apr 2019, 19:45

peace ;not sure what exceptional disability allowance is . are you referring to EIA from the PA ? maybe my translator is fracking up?

if its the EIA you are referring to I would say yes .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 15 Apr 2019, 19:36

just gotta say 70% post 65 was in place at the same time as the SRB . it should have never been taken away in my opinion . ya see getting something back after they take it away is extremely difficult however when the GOC chooses to take something away it seems to be very easy .

heck the biggest reduction of vets benefits in the free western world occurred right here in Canada in 2006 and passed unanimously . this past April first when there "improvements" give what adds up to nothing but takes away the CIAS and SRB it was done with little to no protest from opposing MPs .

yup just peanuts they threw at us after cutting our benefits to crap and are now taking those peanuts away I get that .

taking away the post 65 70% would be far less harmful to vets than what was done in 2006 ya think these guys would even blink before doing this ? I just hope I hit 65 before they do but I don't like my chances .

yes the ultimate goal is equality one vet one standard I more than well get that .

but until then I want my fracking peanuts !!!!!!

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace Mon 15 Apr 2019, 19:16

Bonjour,
Je suis nouveau ici,
je suis invalide à 103%,
J'ai AIC niveau 1
Allocation pour soins niveau 2
J'aimerais savoir si je pourrais bénéficier de l'allocation d'incapacité exceptionnelle??
Merci beaucoup pour les informations.
Bonne fin de journée.

Peace
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2019-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 15:41

Steelgunner wrote:Well, the way I see it is as follows.

A lot of BS is being flung around CSAT regarding this topic “SRB.  Didn’t even no it existed before this thread started.  This thread is gossip, pulling up the legislation and saying this will happen or this will happen.  We all no that the GOC/VAC do as they please.  If they are caught and it is proven they only pay out after lawyers, courts, judges ruling and sometimes public pressure.

Getting rid of the SRB is one of there many cost saving measures “AKA” rip off the future Veterans.

My advice is sit tight and go about your own regular daily life.

Steelgunner it was actually replaced with something better. It was given out when there was nothing else after 65 other than a kiss off. I am talking from NVC 2006 when ELB was only good until 65. The post 65 deal now at 70% is a far better than this sick joke of SRB. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 15:33

bigrex wrote:Steel Rain, I'm not disagreeing that the SRB seemed like a brush off, back when benefits were cut off at 65. And the amounts that will be paid out now, will nowhere match what Veterans would have received. But IMO, it's better that, what money will be paid, is better in our pockets, than theirs. They could have just as easily cancelled the benefit, and kept that $53 million.

Yes very true. It is taxable too. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Mon 15 Apr 2019, 12:25

true Bigrex

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next