Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 2019 lets see which Veterans get ripped off the most because of PFL.

+5
bosn181
Rustytheviking
umbrella001
johnny211
bigrex
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

April 2019 lets see which Veterans get ripped off the most because of PFL. - Page 2 Empty Re: April 2019 lets see which Veterans get ripped off the most because of PFL.

Post by Iceman Mon 01 Apr 2019, 13:44

i wouldn't trust anything this morning on the payment site.

for me, it showed an additional pain and suffering amount, (i did not have CIA before) and the monthly amount..
however, it did not show my PA amount

i called, and yes, my PA amount shows up on their side but not the additional pain and suffering amount. as well the monthly amount was different.

basically, i think they mixed accounts up for people

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

April 2019 lets see which Veterans get ripped off the most because of PFL. - Page 2 Empty Re: April 2019 lets see which Veterans get ripped off the most because of PFL.

Post by bosn181 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 12:39

tax man is going to be the hard one having to wait and see how this all going to get sorted out i did notice i am paying just over 4k less in taxes on vac money from what i paid last year.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 12:38

site is working after wife checking all the numbers seem i getting just over $700 more a month still don't know how the SRB will work for those on SISIP i know what they should be doing but i can't forget what they told me on the phone will have to wait and see how it plays out. The lady on the phone said from her understanding that my 2% will only be on the 15% top up but as bigrex stated before that's not how it is supposed to be.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:08

Good to hear Johnny!

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:53

Ok, quess I was too quick on the draw. Got out, back in, and now I see the stuff that was missing. Looks better then expected now. And it is Broken down more. They must be still doing fixes..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:45

Bigrex - Seems to be sorted now, after refresh..VVV

Last edited by johnny211 on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I’m too fast..)
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella001 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:42

johnny211 wrote:Umbrella001 - No just one line that says IRB..

Okay, same here. Called for more info and I did get some questions answered but basically they kept saying we are sending a letter. Still weren't able to provide info on the pfl payment and they say more information is needed to do the calculations but they can't tell me what information they need.

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:39

The only way that your net income should go down, is if the taxes that were taken off your CIA benefit, was less than the difference between the onlt gross amount, and the new tax free amount, AND you didn't get anything from the new PFL pension
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:36

Umbrella001 - No just one line that says IRB..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:32

I’m up a few hundred. Hard to figure out what is what. Cias has disappeared so I wonder if it was rolled into something else

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella001 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:32

Johnny211 were you able to see the PFL payment and/or additional pain and suffering in your VAC account?

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:26

Just took awhile for the site to refresh.

Last edited by johnny211 on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:09; edited 1 time in total
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 07 Mar 2019, 06:35

Well, it will be easily provable, if a Veteran does indeed see less in thier pocket. All they'll have to do is look at their bank account.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

April 2019 lets see which Veterans get ripped off the most because of PFL. - Page 2 Empty April 2019 lets see which Veterans get ripped off the most because of PFL.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2019, 22:54

With April fast approaching let’s keep in mind that the PM and various Liberal MPs have said a current Veteran would not see a decrease in benefits when the New PFL system comes into play.

I have a funny feeling that my current benefits amounts will not equal the benefits that are coming in April.  I consider myself a well in formed Veteran and understand the current system but I can not understand the new system that is coming into play in April.  It’s very confusing, VAC has not explained it very well at all, and VAC really doesn’t show all there work in determining what one will receive in April.  It’s a new system simply to save money and pay Veterans less, words can not explain how disappointed I am about this mess that the Government has put Veterans into.  

In April, let’s see who wins the Seamus O’Regan Award? Its his baby and he got his best friend to remove him from his duties at VAC so he does not have to explain to Veterans why they are being paid less.

The award will be given out to the Veteran that has lost the most in regards to benefits in April.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2